Hello, for all of you who have missed my blogging ways, I have returned!! I will now be blogging from this lovely site, and hopefully won't bore you too much!
For those of you who are interested, I have included my previous blog in this entry, just so that you can catch up - this is almost the last year of my life:
I WAS THERE ONE AND A HALF MONTHS AGO 10/3/2005 at 08:30
Shit - they’ve done it again. Bali has once more been rocked by terrorist acts in the form of bombs. What is more scary this time is that the Nambour Rugby Club had their end of season camp in Bali - and were flown back immediately after the bombs went off... This time, there were people I know in Bali at the time, and even scarier, I was there this time two months ago. I had dinner at Jimbaran Bay - where two of the bombs were, and walked through the Kuta shopping district many a time.It is strange that even though last time I was affected emotionally by all of the news footage, and I felt so badly for all of the tourists over there, now that I’ve been there, I am really feeling for everyone involved, execpt for the bombers themselves. I feel for the Balinese especially, who were still, up until I was there, suffering from the effect of the original attacks. Tourism hadn’t made a come back after September 11, and then October 12 just shattered the tiny island. And to think that their main industry is tourism, they are really quite doomed. Yes, there are people on the TV saying that if they stay away, then the terrorists will win - but these people are not first time visitors, but regulars to the island, who have been there a few, or many times and have grown to love the people over anything else.It is hard to say that I would never travel to Bali again - it is scary to think of the risks. Bec and I thought that we were invincible, "they won’t bomb there again" and our family was more worried about drugs to be honest. After London, I don’t think that the world was prepared for such an immediate attack - but it came. We have once again seen the evil that lives among us, and the devistation it can cause. When the world is safer, I may venture out again, but there is a good chance that it won’t be to Bali.
NEWS FLASH FROM LEVEL 11 9/21/2005 at 08:24
Hey y’all!! Well, not long until I get my place - 30th September! And I’ve booked the moving trailer, etc - so now it’s a matter of packing up the last three boxes and my TV, etc and picking up the plethora of furniture goods from Lyndell’s and taking it all to my new home.I actually can’t wait to unpack all of the stuff that has been sitting in boxes around mum and dad’s for 2 years.... it’ll be interesting as to what I will find!Living with my sister has been fun! If not tiring... I was dead on my feet last night - falling asleep playing my phone games (in an attempt to keep awake) and then Bec came home and talked...and talked.... and talked!! I woke up this morning and had to clarify a couple of things that she’d said weren’t actually me dreaming!!But her little place is holding us and our stubborn Westbury temperaments well!! She worked late last night, so Sam came over and we make Taco’s - mmmmm they were yummy! A quick and healthy idea for when I’ve got my place all set up! And I think that I will have them tonight too as Bec is going out with her new man, Dave!!My office at work overlooks Main Avenue (I think - the road that drives straight onto the Story Bridge) and the river... We are directly across from the Pig and Whistle - and it is nice to have a window finally as opposed to a boxed in little room!! I do miss everyone from the pharmacy - but I think once my boss is back from holidays, next Tuesday, it won’t be so lonely here anymore. She rang us yesterday whilst she was sitting on Bondi Beach!!Anyway, it’s nearly time to start work now, so I will go, and leave you with this warning - there will be a housewarming party - everyone will be invited, and I will be advising you all of details as soon as I move!Bye for now!!
’TIS A BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY - BUT I LIKE IT 9/16/2005 at 17:00
Hey there all, I have a couple of minutes at the end of my day and thought I’d write something vaguely entertaining.....I was thinking when I was trying to think of a title what mood I was in - and it’s a bitter sweet feeling, the place I’m at now. Hence, I provide you all with the lyrics to The Verve’s Bitter Sweet SymponyCos’ it’s a bittersweet symphony this life...Trying to make ends meet , you’re a slave to the money then you die.I’ll take you down the only road I’ve ever been down...You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet , yeah.No change, I can’t change, I can’t change, I can’t change,but I’m here in my mold , I am here in my mold.But I’m a million different people from one day to the next...I can’t change my mold, no, no, no, no, no, no, noWell I never pray,But tonight I’m on my knees, yeah.I need to hear some sounds that recognise the pain in me, yeah.I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind , I feel free now.But the airwaves are clean and there’s nobody singing to me now. I am sad to be leaving Nambour, the pharmacy, and all of the friends here I see everyday.... but at the same time, I am so excited about the position that awaits me in Brisbane, and my new place, and, well - everything down there.I’m hoping to do a drive-by my new address this weekend, and I’ve paid the deposit, so it’s fairly binding now - but I am happy!! Just need to locate my local Supermarkets, etc!
WHEN WILL IT TURN TO DUST? 9/15/2005 at 15:07
Well, I have a job, I have a place to live, and I have some lovely furniture, courtesy of Lyndell! The last piece of the puzzle has dropped into place, and it is such a relief!! I pay a holding deposit on my unit tomorrow and then on the 30th September I get the keys, and hopefully, dad pending, on the 1st of October, I move! Here is my new place and if you are quick enough, then at that site, you will be able to view my new premises!! Otherwise, housewarming it is!!So, volunteers for moving?? He he!! I usually get dad to help, but he is too whiny, achy and painy (he has osteo arthritis). So, I’ll see what all my good mates with utes up here are up to!! And one or two of them are truck drivers, so they may be able to borrow something from work....hmmmm, we’ll see! Last case scenario is that I will hire a 3 tonne truck, dad can drive (cheaper insurance) and I’ll organise some lifting power for the Brisbane end! Anyway, so far, everything has gone smoothly, and hopefully, it will keep going in that direction. As one lady at work pointed out, it was meant to be!!
HELLO, MY NAME IS AMBER AND.... 9/14/2005 at 12:29
I’m in denial. I didn’t even start telling my coast friends that I was leaving until this week. That is so slack of me! I think I’m going through a similar transition that Josh and Jem are in that there are plenty of things to love and miss about the coast, and there are plenty of other things that I have missed about Brisbane since I moved back. Sam pointed out to me last night that I will miss not seeing Chelsea as much, and it is true, yet, something else that I’d been in denial about. You see, alot of my day is spent at work, and Chelsea is at work, so alot of my day is spent with Chelsea.... and even though we don’t work directly with each other, the hole left with not having Chelsea nearby will be impossible to fill!I will also miss mum and dad cleaning up after me, cooking for me, but also as company and a listening ear. All of my problems are vented to and with mum and dad. Nothing is sacred, and they have been so supportive of every decision I’ve made thus far, from moving to Brisbane by myself just before I turned 17 to not accepting the Navy position I was offered at 21 and bludging with them on the Coast, to now, once again, moving to Brisbane to explore new ventures, both work and personally.I am only 23 and this will be my third major upheaval in life. In the last 21 months on the coast, so much has changed in my life, and I have learnt so much. I am happier in myself than I’ve ever been, I’m proud of the direction my career is taking, I am confident in stepping out of the nest again, this time a little more prepared for what life may throw at me, I am looking forward to being closer to Sam, and to Bec, and my other friends in Brisbane and I’m looking forward to weekends being a little less rushed and being able to catch up with my coast friends a bit more too!!For the last 21 months, it is true, I have found myself. I am looking forward to a new challenge in my career, I am looking forward to making the most of my spare time and I am looking forward to making the most of life.I am still scared shitless that everything will fall around my ears again, but it is a challenge that I am willing to undertake for the sake of life experience. The fears I have will not hamper my decisions, but dare me to overcome them, and succeed.
HUNTING.... 9/8/2005 at 09:53
Job Hunting, House Hunting, Furniture Hunting - i may as well wear camo gear and be done with it.... I feel like I’ve been through the wars looking for a life in Brisbane. I have sorted out the job, I have sorted out thr furniture, thanks to a workmate, Lyndell who is moving to SA for love in November and has offered me a couch, coffee table, tv entertainment unit and washing machine for $500, whenever I want it!! Now for the home...I am looking for something fairly modern, at the very least with a modern kitchen and bathroom. I want a one or two bedroom place, and I want a car space. There have been heaps of great looking places come up on the net in my price range of up to $200 a week. Now I just need to go and view all of the places that I like...and finding time to do this is hard. But, like always, I’ll find a way! I’m hoping to pick up something in Coorparoo, Tarragindi, Annerley, or any of the suburbs that surround these places. I’ll let you know when the house warming will be!!Bye for now!
I THOUGHT IT WAS AN I POD... 9/5/2005 at 21:22
PROCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING STORY IS FAIRLY GRAPHIC, AND PEOPLE WITH WEAK STOMACHS SHOULD NOT READ THE FOLLOWING.Allow me to set the scene..... it was a day much like today... (it was today). Mum comes wandering into my room after my frantic-pointless yelling to dad about Deal or No Deal. I chat to her for a minute before she picks up a vibrator that I had very carelessly left on the table under the draws where my collection lives. This vibrator is the bullet kind.... a bright pink remote control with a lead to a little 3 cm chrome looking bullet sized vibrator.... I say to mum, "Mum, put that down, it’s a vibrator"... she says, get this "No it’s not" (like I don’t know my vibrators??!?!?!) anyway, I then get off my bed and take it off her and say "yes it is, it’s a small one" and she says (oh my gooooddddd) "How does that work?" to which I reply "It vibrates... what did you think it was?" and she replies "I just thought it was an ipod or something"HA HA HA HA HA - adults these day..... as gory and too much information style that story was, I couldn’t not share it..... it’s almost like a skit off of a comedy show - except my life!!
I GOT THE JOB!!!! 9/5/2005 at 15:07
Hello, my name is Amber, and I will be your Professional Development Cooordinator for the Taxation Institution of Australia! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! I got the job - I’m going to be rich and famous (well as rich and famous as I am now anyway) and I’m going to rule the world (or the square metre that I am standing in!!).I start on Tuesday 20th September and I get to fly to Sydney for a day to do induction and I am so bloody happy it’s not even funny!!Just to give you an idea - I applied for about 40 jobs..... and there were about 5 that I would have killed for - this job was one of them!!Celebrations will begin (read: I will now be slogging my ass off getting things in order to move both jobs and homes)....Anyone who knows of a spare room anywhere that I can move into - let me know!!!Bye for now - back to my job - only 10 more working days at the pharmacy until I leave!!
WAITING VERY PATIENTLY 9/5/2005 at 12:29
Hi there. I’m waiting for a phone call. A very important phone call. A phone call about a job that I have applied for. When will my phone call come? Early afternoon I was told. And it is now early afternoon. And I am waiting....Enough gibberish! I am at work, utilising the last 5 minutes before my lunch break typing this lovely blog so that you will no longer have to see the screen that tells you I’m a bum who hasn’t written!I’m not about to make a promise that I will blog more, because I don’t know that I will! And I’m not about to make excuses about why I haven’t blogged - I only have reasons, and they are: job hunting and potential house hunting! Anyway, on all of these notes, I will continue waiting patiently on my own time.....I will say one more thing, and that is: bestest of wishes to Chelsea, Kev and the rest of the familty, who today are saying goodbye to a dear grandma! My thoughts are with you, and I’m sure everyone elses are too.
POSITION VACANT 8/25/2005 at 15:59
Hello everybody!I’m back - from Bali - and from my extremely long blog drought!! I’m back at work also, and using all available opportunities, lunch, etc to look for jobs! I have been in touch with a really nice recruitment lady who seems to have nothing better to do than find me a job!!Luckily all of the jobs I’m looking at pay a minimum of 40K - so that means that it won’t be long until I can move to Brisbane! YAY!I don’t have much else to write about right at this moment, my life is pretty boring.... I have given up TV in favour of quality checking all of the DVD’s I got from Bali - about 160 movies all together!! So, that’s fun!Anyway, better get back to it! I want a reference from these guys afterall!!Hope everyone is safe and well!
I’M FEELING FRAGILE... 8/10/2005 at 22:18
We (my cousin Bryce and i) went out on the town last night - I’ve been suffering all day for it. I feel like all I’ve done all day is..... actually, no, that would be gross - please use your imagination at your own mental expense! Happy anniversary Kev and Chels, and Kel and Mat - hope yesteday was a brilliant occasion for all of you!Love you and miss you Sam! and Chels, I hope work isn’t to quiet for you!!If anyone has any requests for anything Bali-Duty Free, etc related, I have room in my suitcase and will take orders.... please have them in by Friday morning!! :)I’m going to have to go back to the hotel now as my stomach is turning over the first meal I’ve eaten since it all came out to meet me today!On that lovely note, I’m going to the Fila shop to get some sneakers!Love to everyone!
HMMMM, HOW DO I SAY THIS POLITELY?? 8/7/2005 at 16:28
My sister is giving me the absolute SHITS!! And I have 6 more nights to spend in the same room as her.... we had a semi-serious falling out today whereby I told her to go do her own thing today because quote "I can’t handle you today". So I went shopping, and proceeded to try on every item of clothing I’ve looked at - all of which didn’t fit....I got a cool nightie - it’s fairly hawian in print - black with white flowers on it - I thought it was pretty cool though!! And I got a book in Bali which has lots of pretty pictures in it!!We went out last night and partied on down!! I got drunk - it was fun! The bartenders at a place called Billy’s were telling us dirty australian jokes, some of which I’d never seen or heard before! Remind me to show you the holy water one!!I just went back to the hotel room then, and the cleaners were lounging around our room - possibly browsing our purchases - possibly watching some boxing match on the TV.... i dunno - but they hurried along once I was there!! That’s about it for now!! Hope everyone’s weekend has been good - mine has! We are going white water rafting tomorrow with Bryce, his wife, Fiona and a few others! I just hope Rebecca stops talking for at least half of the trip - she’s driving me nuts with her pretentious life plans talk - I’m on the verge of telling her to pull her head in....Oh well, I’ll take so much of the good with the bad.....So long!!Love you all!Amber
WATERBOM PARK! 8/6/2005 at 11:27
Hello, can’t be long as we are heading off to Waterbom park today - 14 or something waterslides!! It’s going to be fun - and I reackon that I’m going to get a bit burnt, as I haven’t spent that much time in direct sunlight so far - and am still pale!! But - here’s hoping that the ol’ 30+ comes in handy, and I don’t get too distracted with having fun that I forget to re-apply!!We went out for the best indian food last night - everything was fresh, the meat was tender, and they had tandoori pizza’s - there were 5 of us there, my aunt, uncle and a couple friend of theirs! Bec went to dinner with our cousin, Lara and 7 of her friends who came over to meet up with her on her way back from India, etc. It was actually nice not having to listen to bec ramble on and on and on.... she can get very tiring sometimes - and now is one of them. I think I will try and spend some time away from her (I think I’ve said this before) to try and cope for another 7 days.... she always thinks I’m angry, etc - when I’m not, which then makes me angry - oh sisters!!Anyway, must run, there are slide wedgies to be had and sunburn to be fought off!!love to everyone, specially Sam!Hope the world is being kind!!Amber
HEY! 8/4/2005 at 14:38
Hi everyone!Still in Bali - still shopping and enjoying the food!Today we finally went to get massages - very relaxing! I brought some headbands, yet another present for Sam and a necklace for me on the way back to the main street to catch a cab!Got some very nice shoes yesterday, and also splurged on a polo suitcase - 300,000 and 86 DVD’s... Looked at alot of shops from Legian to Seminyak too! We went to a French restaurant last night - had a three course meal for 100,000 ($14-15). Tonight we are going to a seafood restaurant on a bay to watch the sun set and proceed to fill ourselves up on food! I’m going to get FAT! Aye!Becca finally spent some money yesterday - on two Louis V Bags - she doesn’t seem to comprehend the bartering process and keeps wanting the shop-keepers to go down until she is happy - they won’t because they want to know how much she’ll spend, etc, etc!I don’t know what else to write about - I have a comprehensive diary of events that I’ve been writing in everyday - and use all my creative flair on that! We have 10 days left and I am having withdrawals from Australia and Sam! To be expected!Spending time with our Cousin Brice (Bryce??) has been funny! He reminds me of my dad when he gets drunk! This is the cousin that we only just met last year - and is 28 or 29....Well, I’m off to laze by the pool with Bec and Lara and prepare myself for the seafood feast tonight!Hope everyone is very well, and that the weather is getting better for my return!Hope Hamilton was good Laura!
WELL, I’M IN BALI ON THE SLOWEST COMPUTER IN THE 3RD WORLD!! 8/2/2005 at 11:42
Hello all!! Well I’m here in Bali, and checking in...To be honest, it’s not as good as I’d thought it’d be - not that I would have traded the experience, but - I \wouldn’t come here again!! Our hotel is nice, and breakfast is nice every morning! I’ve had my hair plaited and extended - and, it looks really good! My head still hurts a bit - they really aren’t going to come out anytime soon Bec said! I’ve brought a Gucci bag, and some presents for Sam, and one pair of shoes! We are going to have an hour and a half massage later today - which will cost $20!!We went to Paddys’ Bar last night - had a drunken ball with our cousin who has been trekking through Nepal and india the last 6 months!! There were a couple of "scenes" and bec and I sobered up quick smart to be the lovely people/cousins that we are - taking Lara back to tuck her into bed!!Overall, the ood has been lovely, our other cousin, Brice came down with a little case of poo-poo’s - and my supply of Gastro-stop came in very handy!I am missing everyone already - but it is nice to be here with some family, specially Bec - who shares most of the same views as me about this holiday so far!! We’ve decided that this week we’ll shop, etc and next week will be about relaxing by the pool!!Sorry is this is a little bit dis-jointed, it is nice to have contact of some kind with "the outside world" as Bec put it!!I miss you Sam - love you lots, we’ll catch each other soon - can’t wait to hear your voice!!Missing Chels, and mum and dad too!! P.S. My gucci bag cost me 90,000 - which is about $12!! I love shopping!Love you all from Bali!Amber
TOMORROW WILL BE BUSY, I’M BLOGGING TODAY!! 7/28/2005 at 14:03
Well hello there folks!!I’m getting extremely excited now, with only 3 sleeps until I’m off to Bali!I’m writing my blog today just incase I’m too busy to do it tomorrow onwards!!Nothing entirely exciting has been happening lately, just my normal, work, sleep, eat, netball, talk on the phone to Sam!Tonight I have all of my last minute preparation to get out of the way, and then it’ll be off to Brisbane for 2 nights to catch up with Sam before I depart at 10am on Sunday! A little buzz has begun in my tummy (could be the Marshmellow/Malteser sugar overload from lunch) and I’m sure by Sunday, it will have developed to a fully fledged whole body buzz that will make me feel sick... I know I won’t be able to handle food that well on Sunday, and sitting at the airport for a couple of hours is going to be hell - thank goodness for duty free shopping! yipee!!Anyways, if I don’t blog, speak to or see you before I head off - have a lovely couple of weeks without my incessant rubbing-it-in and I will be having a "slide show" when I’m back!! Possibly to shot away the duty free booze!!I’m not sure how communicative I’ll be whilst in Bali - but in between daily massages, shopping, eating, sleeping, boozing it up with my sis and cuz, shopping, sight seeing, swimming, shopping, massages and eating, I’ll try and track down some kind of internet cafe, or phone, or post office and email or blog/ call or send a postcard back!!If by chance, something (anything) goes wrong - make sure this blog is turned into an award winning best seller - "From the girl who........... (fill in the gaps according to the correct reason for my absence, etc)". By for now - I’ll think of you all whilst sun bathing!!
MY DREAM 7/27/2005 at 10:36
I was in Bali, and admiring a volcano from a distance, when it erupted.... not wanting this very clearly symbolic dream to go unrecognised - I googled it!!Here is the very good dream dictionary site - and here is the interpretation for my volcano dream:-Dream symbol: volcanovolcano, volcanos, volcanicInterpretation:Long-term anger or emotional suppression that is finally being expressed. Purging your body of the things that no longer serve it. A volatile situationRelated symbols: erupt, lavaDream symbol: erupterupt, erupts, erupting, erupted, eruptionInterpretation:Something that requires urgent attention. Something that is potentially explosive. Volatility. Long-term, suppressed anger being releasedSee also: anger, explode, volcano Dream symbol: lavalavaInterpretation:Releasing long-term unexpressed or suppressed anger. A homonym for larvaSee also: larva, volcanoDream symbol: larvalarva, larvae, larvalInterpretation:A precursor to an inner metamorphosis or rebirth. A homonym for lavaSee also: insect, lavaSo there you are - and I think it is fairly close to what I would have been thinking about when I was falling asleep!
ON THE HOME STRETCH!! 7/21/2005 at 14:02
Hey there everyone!! I have had a great 24 hours! There are only 10 sleeps until I leave for Bali - and I’m excited Big Kev!!I was talking to my little sister last night, and we were getting all excited about the flight, and the stay, and surprising our cousin, and, well everything else that I’ve been boring you with over the past couple of months!!I am really hanging out for Monday, when Sam will be back, safe and sound, ready for our nightly talks!! I’ve had Harry to keep me company this week, so it hasn’t really been that lonely! And hearing from Sam yesterday gave me the strength I need to carry on (sarcasm to a degree)!! Monday, here we come!!Overall, a good week, a bit emotional, but that was "women’s problem’s" - so I only have myself to blame! Ofcourse, it made the week without Sam bloody drag on - but now is the final countdown to take-off next Sunday! I’m going to burst!!
OH HOW PISSED OFF I AM 7/20/2005 at 08:53
For those of your who already read the blog that was here, ignore my emotional ways!! For those of you who didn’t - you weren’t missing anything!!Due to our email being fucked up at work, I thought I hadn’t heard from Sam AT ALL!! But, low and behold, two messages just popped into my inbox full of all the things that I wanted to hear!! Fucked up email!I got my camera last night - it is pretty!! If I could take a picture of it, and post it, I would, but I can’t!! Maybe Chels can bring her camera in..... nah, just look up Nikon 4600!! Ahhhh new toys!!Hope you’re feeling better tomorrow Chelsea!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!! 7/19/2005 at 15:10
Yay, I remembered!! Happy Birthday - I hope all your birthday wishes come true!!
It’s been a while since Chels told me how to do the center and bold thingamy’s - looks like I was just waiting for a special occasion to use it!! Ahhhhh talented in so many ways is amber!I began HP last night - I’ve just finished the 3rd chapter! It is filling to nights where a phone call normally would, and my dreams weren’t weird last night!! I’m looking forward to snuggling down with it again tonight!!I’m getting the camera I want tonight - I’m going to JB to collect my $20 deposit and then to WOW to get the camera for $30 more!! Should have gone to WOW in the first place! Would have saved me $1 in petrol :)So, now I’ll be back in digicam world, and you will see my asian tendancies like never before!! I think I will need to start a flickr account to showcase my amazing talents! HA!!Only 12 sleeps to go!! I have transferred all of my savings to my spending account in preparation for my camera purchase and then my holiday! Bec is yet to transfer her money for the tickets, minus accomodation and travel insurance, so that’ll give me another little bit of cash, and then I’ve stopped all transfers out of my account until I go back to work in late august!! Ooooo - can you tell that I’m getting all excited?? I’m going to save the rest of my lonely planet guide for the plane over!Have you noticed that I have made an effort not to mention the B or S words?? I’m giving you all a rest!
13 SLEEPS TO GO 7/18/2005 at 16:17
Well, the upside is that with a certain person being out of the country, I have my mind distracted from Bali! And with all the catch-up that we’ll have to do in the week leading up to Bali, I think that it’ll be Sunday the 31st in no time!Everytime I think about how close it is, I get a little thrill up my spine! This is just the beginning of my travels! I mostly want to see Europe - specially since seeing Art and Jude’s pictures from Italy (??). It all looked so romantic! And I’d like to go stay on a ranch in Wyoming, US - just to fulfill all of those Mills and Boon fantasies I’ve had over time! I’m sure Sam’d dress up in chaps for me!! HEHE!!On another, dissapointing note, the camera that I’m after isn’t in stock, and won’t be available for maybe 1 and a half to two weeks - when I leave!! BUGGER!Happy Birthday to Kev for tomorrow - I will probably forget, even if he walked in to pick Chels up with a birthday badge and hat on.... so I’m covering my butt now!!
THE UPS AND DOWNS OF HOLIDAYS! 7/17/2005 at 12:08
Well, as we all know, Sam has left for NZ - 3 sleeps down, 8 to go until I can speak on the phone to him (unless he calls before then - he’d better or else!! HEHE!!). Anyway, I won’t bore you all with exact details of how much I miss him (warning - upon reading back through this blog, I have expanded on this somewhat), but needless to say really, that I am feeling his absence from the country enormously - at least if he was here in Australia, I could still speak to him!! Before he left I asked him where we were going on holidays next year, because there was no way we are doing to seperate holiday thing again - and I think we’ve decided on Europe :) A while away yet, but something to aim for in the savings mecca!! I’m actually in quite high spirits, I just feel like there is a part of me missing - sad I know, but it’s the only way I can describe it. I’m not moping, I just really miss talking to Sam. And no one else can match the feeling. Infact, everyone who has phoned the home phone when I’ve answered have been told that I wish they’d been Sam (my grannie included).... And Bec even tried to "be" Sam - quite funny really she just deepend her voice and went "It’s Sam here"... and Kelly said that she’d phone and do the same - I told her it wasn’t necessary - no one can be my Sam.Last night I had a bit of a catch up with some mates I haven’t seen for a while, Carly and Sophie, and Kelly!! It was a really good night, lots of girly chat - I got to talk about Sam lots!! (what’s new I hear Chelsea screaming), dinner at Toscani’s and then The Wedding Date at the movies - a Romantic Comedy that made me all sad again about not having a snuggle partner for these next two weekends! I can see now that I won’t be getting too drunk in Bali, because I’ll be spending all my holiday money on calls to Australia...Won our grand final on Friday night - Kelly came to watch, and she was my only supporter because my dad didn’t want to come and my mum was at Gym, and Sam’s OS - but it was a close game and, as always, I played the best game of the season - the shin splints always abait for the finals!! Now this week coming I have my Nambour semi - and next week, the finals!! (The week after is Bali time)I’m sitting here, home alone, just having finished a tacky romance novel. My grandparents are coming to visit this afternoon for a BBQ - so that will be nice!! I love my grannie!! Hopefully they’ll take my mind of the ever-constant reminder that Sam’s not here.... for a minute at least?? But if it doesn’t - I’ll just use the extra time on my hands to catch up on my reading, plan more of my holiday and send constant emails to him, hoping that in the middle of all of his fun, he might read it and miss me too!!Next weekend I’m hoping to have another dinner/movies night - I couldn’t stand the thought of going out clubbing or something, seeing everyone getting a pash, etc.... So, everyone’s invited!! And it would be really good if we could see a horror, thriller, sci-fi - anything that doesn’t include romance, intimacy, kissing, sex, dating, cuddling, making googly eyes at each other, smiling, laughing, talking on the phone.... okay, anyone up for bowling??? :)
IT’S A FAD I TELL YA!! 7/14/2005 at 08:32
Googlism for: amber - TOO MANY!! So if you really are interested, then do one for me! Lots of references to fossils, etc!! There were a few german ones and a few porn references also :-O Anyway, I’m off to work now after reading through some of my googlisms!! Refer to Jem’s page for a link!17 sleeps to Bali and Sam is off to NZ at 6:40pm tonight!! We got into the finals on Friday at Maroochydore, so anyone who wants to come watch, is once again invited! Teenage to Midde age women bouncing around the court in netball skirts anyone???
CHECKING IN! 7/13/2005 at 14:01
Why howdy there folks, how are y’all? It’s a mighty fine day here in ol’ Nambour town where the sun is shining brightly and the townsfolk are going ’bout their bus’ness.Only 18 sleeps till I go to Bali! Oh yeah, I’m going to bali!! And only 1 sleep till Sam departs for the land of the long white cloud!It’s been a busy couple of weeks and I am currently camera hunting with a vengence!! I am seeking a Nikon coolpix 4600 and the cheapest price I’ve found is $328 at JB - although this may not be accurate and they now refuse to give me a quote over the phone - WHATEVER!! I have decided not to deal with Camera House Nambour as they seem to be rip-off merchants! However, I will give them a chance to met JB’s price, and if not - I will be looooong gone!My grandparents arrive here from Victoria yesterday, and we caught up with them last night.... I "taped" the OC and low and behold - it didn’t work - gosh-darn-it!! So if anyone happened to tape it, can I please borrow the tape???? PPPPLLLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEEE? I’ll bring you back a treat from Bali!I have also had contact with a recruitment agency who want to talk to me about my resume and job opportunities that they may have. I have decided that if I am offered the job of a life-time (which I am seeking at my leisure), then I will pack up and move to Brisbane again. But I won’t be going down there for less than 40K. Ambitous or stupid? I think I’m smart! :) I would!! Anyway, I rang me ol’ mate Marie back and left a message and I am yet to hear back from her... I might email her, just to show I’m keen (read: desperate)...I had a semi for netty on Monday night, and we lost - so now we’re playing again tonight - and if we loose YAY, but if we win, then we have to play the team we lost against on monday this friday! We’ll see and I’ll keep y’all updated!!Anyway, my pleb (read: hardworking receptionist) has just brought some archive boxes into me that I need to fill with important documents, so I’ll trot off now and do some legit work-a-roonie!!Signing off!
IT’S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS!! 7/7/2005 at 09:05
I have a confession to make.... I don’t know the exact anniversary that Sam and I became "official". I know that we first spoke on the 30th December and we first met on the 31st of December. And after that we started spending every weekend together - starting with a Friday six months ago this week when I first made the trip down to Brisbane! But as for a date to celebrate - I think it will just have to be New Years - it’s easy to remember, it’ll always involve a party anyway, and hey - I’ll always have the memories no matter what!!One of the sweetest things that Sam has done (and there are many - in his own special way he has always been very thoughtful, sweet and romantic) was give me a present, carefully selected whilst he was in NSW seeing Ben. He brought me back the tiniest, most perfect shell from the Home and Away beach. I almost cried it was so sweet! To this day, it still sits in pride of place on my bedside table!I can always look back on any single memory of Sam over the past six months and smile! Infact, my office walls have been liberally plastered with photo’s of Sam and I, so I won’t be lonely through the week and I always have a silly grin on my face when I remember the moment that the photo was taken!! (I also have pic’s of my sis, chels and some of the girls, but mostly Sam)On this, my little ode-style-blog to Sam, I just want to thank Chelsea for thinking that we’d make such a good pair; thank Sam’s dad for getting him a modem, which enabled the hook-up with Kev and Co, and hence, Chelsea, and me, etc; and most of all, thank you Sam for all of the absolute and complete joy and happiness that you have brought to my life in the past six months. Without you in my life, it would have been dull and meaningless and I am so glad that I have met you! I love you more than life itself! Thank you for loving me and for giving me all of the happiness that a girl could wish for!
BOG HUMOUR!! 7/6/2005 at 14:19
Okay, the song got in my head, and a google search and some cut and pasting later, here are the many different verses of "THE DIARRHEA SONG"!! Imodium anybody!! Feel free to add any verses you feel I may not have found!!When you’re sliding into first, and you feel something burst, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re sliding into second, and you feel something beckon, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re sliding into third, and you feel a little turd, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re sliding into home, and you feel a burst of foam, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re rolling’ like a tire, cuz your insides are on fire, diarrhea, diarrhea When the feeling’s not that nice, and you have to flush it twice, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re on the seat for hours, and it doesn’t smell like flowers, diarrhea, diarrhea When your stomach starts a rollin’, and you’re cleaning out your colon, diarrhea, diarrhea You think you’re feeling better, but you keep on getting wetter, diarrhea, diarrhea If you think your friends are jokin’, but your pants are brown and soakin’, diarrhea, diarrhea You smell just like a hog, as you make some liquid log, diarrhea, diarrhea You don’t feel like a winner, when your butt blows out your dinner, diarrhea, diarrhea You really want to shout, as it keeps on dripping out, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re sitting on the pot, cuz it’s coming out a lot, diarrhea, diarrhea It’s sounds just like a horn, as your butt pops out some corn, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re there in the huddle, and you’re standing in a puddle, diarrhea, diarrhea You just made a tackle, and it splattered out like spackle, diarrhea, diarrheaYou’re going out for a pass, and it blows right out your ass, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen you’re shopping at the store, and it’s dripping on the floor, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re acting like a fool, and your pants fill up with stool, diarrhea, diarrheaYou really want to play, but your butt begins to spray, diarrhea, diarrheaYou know you’re having trouble, when your butt begins to bubble, diarrhea, diarrhea That’s the way it goes, when your butt thinks it’s a hose, diarrhea, diarrhea If you’re feeling kinda funky, cuz your butt is kinda skunky, diarrhea, diarrhea If you think you hear it raining, perhaps your butt is draining, diarrhea, diarrhea If you’re swimming in a pool, and you leave a trail of stool, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re running really fast, cuz it’s squirting out your ass, diarrhea, diarrhea If your butt’s about to spew, and there’s nothing you can do, diarrhea, diarrhea Your stomach’s feeling wavy, while your butt is making gravy, diarrhea, diarrhea You feel you need to scream, cuz your butt spews out a cream, diarrhea, diarrhea Your fun begins to fizzle, cuz you feel it start to drizzle, diarrhea, diarrhea You think you’re gonna fart, but you blow your pants apart, diarrhea, diarrheaIt’s The Last Thing On Your Mind, And It Comes Out Your Behind, diarrhea, diarrhea Though quite against your urging, fecal goo begins surging, diarrhea, diarrhea When your eating swiss cheese, and you fill your pants with ease, diarrhea, diarrhea If your climbing up a mountain, and your butt is a fountain, diarrhea, diarrhea Your toilet needs are dire, and your butt hole is on fire, diarrhea, diarrhea When your sliding out of bed, and you feel something spread, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re about to depart, and you feel a juicy fart, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re eating french fries, and the plant beside you dies, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re walking in the snow, and you feel something flow, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re feeling kind of grumpy, and you feel a little lumpy, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re playing with a monkey, and you feel something chunky, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re having a nice dream, and you blow that anal steam, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re eating frosted flakes, and you bubbling rectum quakes, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re fighting in the navy, and you feel that anal gravy, diarrhea, diarrhea A skip and a hop, and then you feel a little plop, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re peeing out your ass, what looks like pureed grass, diarrhea, diarrhea When the toilet’s gettin’ full, ’cause you’re crappin’ like a bull, diarrhea, diarrhea When you think you’re gonna bomb it, but your butt begins to vomit, diarrhea, diarrhea Make a courtesy flush, if your toilet’s full of slush, diarrhea, diarrhea Don’t miss the porcelain chasm, when your ass begins to spasm, diarrhea, diarrhea You had a burrito with gaucamole, now you’ve birthed something unholy, diarrhea, diarrhea You wanna drop a deuce, but instead it’s chocolate mousse, diarrhea, diarrhea When you feel like going roaming, but your ass starts foaming, diarrhea, diarrhea When you are laying on your towel, And you smell something fowl, diarrhea, diarrhea When you are sitting on the potty, And you smell a little rotty, diarrhea, diarrhea Some Doctors like to treat it, some Nurses like to eat it, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’ve got pain in your belly, And you make some liquid smelly, diarrhea, diarrhea When your laying on your bed, and it smells like something’s dead, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re blowing out your grommet, and the smell makes you vomit, diarrhea, diarrhea When your red in the face, splatter shit with careful grace, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re eatin’ some Chinese, And your ass begins to sneeze, diarrhea, diarrhea When you feel a li’l loopy, and your ass starts feeling soupy, diarrhea, diarrhea When your car is goin’ fast, and the blow-out’s from your ass, diarrhea, diarrhea When your butt is in air, and it’s squirting everywhere, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re at the school dance, and there’s squishy in your pants, diarrhea, diarrhea When you see it in the gutter, And it looks like peanut butter, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re running from police, and you feel that anal grease, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re eatin’ cottage cheese, and it’s stickin’ to your knees, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen you take a sip of beer, and it squirts right out your rear, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re feeling like crud, when you feel that hot butt mud, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re in the middle of a shower, and you feel that anal power, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re cutting up your bread, and you feel that poopoo spread, diarrhea, diarrhea You drank too much last night, now your ass is taking flight, diarrhea, diarrheaYou think that you can flush, then you feel another rush, diarrhea, diarrheaYou’re drinking gin & tonics, and you’re gettin’ high colonics, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen you’re pulled over by the cops, and your anal muscle pops, diarrhea, diarrhea Your undies are a stainin’, ’cause your sphincter is a drainin’, diarrhea, diarrhea When you try to pass some gas, but instead you wet your ass, diarrhea, diarrheaIt looks like dirty butter, when it’s running down the gutter, diarrhea, diarrhea When your pickin’ out your thong, and you’re feelin’ sumthin’ wrong, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re biking down the street, and it splatters on your feet, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re dancin’ like a fool, and you make a big brown pool, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen your sitting on the pot, and your ass begins to rot, diarrhea, diarrhea When your sitting on a bench, and you smell a funky stench, diarrhea, diarrhea When your running down the track, and it oozes down your crack, diarrhea, diarrhea When your butt feels really funny, and it comes out brown and runny, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re riding in the car, and bathroom’s really far, diarrhea, diarrhea What you thought was just a fart, made your pants a work of art, diarrhea, diarrhea I was sitting in a tree, and it trickled down my knee, diarrhea, diarrheaYou try to hold your breath, as you’re leaking liquid death, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re running in a race, and something splatters in your face, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen you’re sitting on the bowl, and stuff is dripping from your hole, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re standing in the rain, and you’re screaming out in pain, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re feeling kinda sick, and you need a toilet quick, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re driving down the road, and you gotta drop a load, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re driving in your chevy, and you feel something heavy, diarrhea, diarrhea Some people think it’s funny, but it’s really hot and runny, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re climbing up the ladder, and you hear something splatter, diarrhea, diarrhea When you wake up in the morning, and your pants are overflowing, diarrhea, diarrhea When your doing hula hoop, and you squirt a squishy poop, diarrhea, diarrhea You try to squeeze your cheeks, and out your butt it leaks, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re eating tasty nachos, and your pants become gazpacho, diarrhea, diarrhea Some people think it’s gross, but it’s really good on toast, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re playing "pull my finger", And your butt lets out a zinger, diarrhea, diarrhea When most of what you excrete, Hits the bottom of the seat, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re dinner party’s spoiled, ’Cause your pants just got soiled, diarrhea, diarrhea When you think it’s solid poop, But it feels like Chunky® Soup, diarrhea, diarrhea You know it’s going to hurt, with each painful, burning squirt, diarrhea, diarrhea When you spread apart your tushy, and it comes out brown and mushy, diarrhea, diarrhea When you feel the tide a mountin’, then it’s gushing like a fountain, diarrhea, diarrhea When your pants smell like shit, and you don’t think you can sit, diarrhea, diarrhea You just start your flirting, and your ass starts a squirting, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen your going down the slide, and You feel something glide, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen all you’ve done is fastin’, And your ass is still a blastin’, diarrhea, diarrhea When your surfin’ on the ’net, And your chair gets hot and wet, diarrhea, diarrhea You make a nasty frown, As your jeans are turnin’ brown, diarrhea, diarrhea Just relaxin’ in the pool, Then your butt begins to drool, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re sitting in your class, and it’s blowing out your ass, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re eating toaster strudels, and it’s squirting out like noodles, diarrhea, diarrhea You think it’s just a poop, but it comes out like soup, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re riding on the tram, and your butt begins to jam, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re playing with your pet, and your butt is moist and wet, diarrhea, diarrhea When you eat at pizza hut, and your ass just won’t stay shut, diarrhea, diarrhea It hits you in a flash, and you make a gooey splash, diarrhea, diarrhea
BALI MADNESS!! 7/5/2005 at 13:52
Only 26 sleeps till Bali!! Yeah, yeah, yeah!!And 9 sleeps till Sam leaves for NZ, *sheds a lone tear*!Well, it’s officially started, I have gone Lonely Planet/Bali mad!! I normally turn into the destination nazi much sooner than 26 sleeps away, but as with the rest of the year, the last month or two has bloody flown!! So, on Sunday, I stepped out alone and purchased myself a copy of the Lonely Planet Bali & Lombok book and the Indionesian Phrasebook and Dictionary (available at a good bookshop near you!!). I then drove to the park and sat on the playground equipment and read the first 30 or so pages, which was all of the intro bits and pieces! It got cold, and Sam rang wondering where I was, so I left and went back to the superhornet’s nest (hahahah I am sooooo funny) and proceeded to sit with a bored look on my face until Sam and I started dinner and had a nap (not necessarily in that order). But back to the Bali Madness, I think that I have a disease (and if I don’t, then I may have one when I come back from Bali because my Doctor didn’t give me any vaccinations apart from a tetnus booster, and that’s not in yet!!!)!!I have sat in the lunchroom these past two days, and read my Lonely Planet book, inbetween catching up on Big Brother goss and generally being a stickybeak gossiper!! I also share little interesting tit-bits about Bali with my collegues, and I think they are starting to wish that I would pack the extra 4kgs just so they won’t have to hear about the trip when I get back!!I also packed a "practice" bag last night with all of the things I think I’ll be taking! It fitted everything in, including 4 pairs of shoes!! YAY!! Becca was telling me that one of her clients came in and was telling her how she took $1000 and only spent $400 and couldn’t find anything else to spend her money on!! Looking good for not being stone broke when I get back!! Also, another of Becca’s clients was telling her how she brought 10 (YES TEN) pairs of shoes for about $10AU each!! Oooooolalalalalala!!So, as a commitment to my "buying" trip to Bali, I am going to start listing all of the things that I see and want in shops here, and get them for a tenth of the price over there!!Any requests?? I’m pretty sure that I’ll be able to bring back presents for everyone in australia at about 1cent each! (actually that would cost about $200K, maybe just in southeast qld??) Annnnnyyyyyways my darlings, I must really be doing some work here, or else I might bore you to death, and your workmates, or respective partners will have to peel your chilled corpse off the computer!! And then you may as well call my blog The Ring!! I crack-a-doodle my self up sometimes!!
HELP - MY SANITY HAS LEFT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME 7/3/2005 at 13:10
Well, I am sitting at Sam’s trying to work myself up to go to Garden City by myself! I need to get an indionesian phrase book or something because I had another dream about Bali and I couldn’t speak their language - and it was hard! However, I think that most of the little asian people learn english so that they can swindle us out of extra monies!! I’m trying to also get myself motivated to pack a "practice bag to go - just to see if I can fit an extra 4kgs in the bag (bad taste joke!!).... No seriously, I am preventing family worry by taking carry on luggage only over, I plan on buying the cocaine lined bags over there to bring back!! And I won’t be satisfied until I have a full 20kgs of luggage to bring back (the maximum)... You see my plan is that I will buy the biggest possible suitcase and when I buy clothes, I will wear them, then pack them to go home! PLAN!! YAY!!I am so bored - I want to go to Garden City, but I am scared that I will get lost and never find my car - normally I go with Sam, and he knows he’s way around!!The end - they haven’t stopped speaking about computers and other "interesting" topics for a long time! I’m going shopping to see if I can find my centre!!
AH AH AH AHCOOOOO!! 6/22/2005 at 13:35
Yes, it’s the dreaded season of sickness... although it feels as if my whole year has been plagued with it... I’ve had 3 colds so far! Hmph! Anyway, I’ve hit the cold and flu med’s for the second time ever - I can’t even remember how long ago the other time was, but it must have been given to me because I normally suffer through it!! Anyway, I’m actually feeling a bit better, my nose really hasn’t cleared that much, but my theory (and subsequent practice) that if I blow it as much as possible, my nose might just fall of is proving to be difficult to prove... what the....?Anyhoo!! I was off sick from work for the first time ever yesterday, well, first time from this job - the other jobs I’ve only ever really has stress days - and pretended to be sick!!I had to have a blood and urine tests - all in the name of "general" healthyness... I mentioned that I was going to Bali and have another appointment tomorrow after work to follow up my illness, and I assume get some shots or something!! YAY! NOT!!Anyway, I should head back to work now as my lunch break is nearly over - I think - I didn’t look at the clock when i came in!!
IT’S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN 6/16/2005 at 08:26
Only 8 1/2 more hours until work is done!Only 12 more hours until I see Sam!!Only 1 Sleep until we go to Seaworld!Only 27 Sleeps until Sam and Steve go to NZ!Only 45 Sleeps until Bec and I go to Bali!Only 17 and a half weeks until Mum and Dad’s wedding anniversary! (25 years)Only 6 and a bit months till Christmas!Only 9 and a bit months till my Birthday!Enough of that! So yesterday morning, I was a bit (read - extremely) surprised that my parents weren’t up when I got up (this is a rarity, as in it never happens!!!!). I found out that it was because my mum was going to Brisbane to her specialist to have her six monthly check up with regards to Cancer. You see, my mum has had a couple different types of Cancer in her life. The only ones I remember were a melanoma when I was about 7 or 8 and more recently, cancerous cysts on her ovaries about 4 or 5 years ago. She has come through both of these incidents clear so far, but is considered high risk as far as the long term goes.You may be thinking, I never knew this, etc... well it’s quite simple as to why I don’t talk about it really - because mum doesn’t actually tell us about what is going on.... as it was yesterday was the first I knew of this appointment, and I found out at 7am that morning.And a few years ago when she had the cysts removed, my sister overheard mum telling our Granny that the cancer she had has a high chance of being inherited... YET SHE NEVER TOLD US! This actually really got me - my sister and I are both healthy young women, and prevention is a cure - yet, mum was never really prepared to sit down with us, explain what was going on with her, and then discuss the importance of regualr check-ups, etc. We didn’t know she was on Chemo medication until we once again overheard a discussion... I mean I’ve heard of motherly protection, but this is just motherly stupidness!Sorry about venting, but as I typed this blog, I only just realised how much this whole thing has really pissed me off! Mum wouldn’t even talk about what tests, etc she was getting done yesterday. And the fact that I live with her and didn’t even find out she had an appointment until the day of is just ridiculous - the three of us sit down to dinner together every weeknight afterall, and the number of dinnertable conversations we’ve had vary widely, and wouldn’t exclude my mothers medication conditions... Come to think of it, at no time in my life would I have rejected the idea of sitting down and learning about what could potentially kill me...Anyway, on the bright side, have a fantastic weekend - I know I will!!
UM.... 6/10/2005 at 08:29
I’m just typing because I feel like it... I have 6 minutes until work officially starts and already I’m in a blah mood today. My mood is not in any way helped by the shitty rainy weather. I am already not looking forward to making yet another soggy journey to Brisbane. I just hate the roads when it’s rainy because NO ONE knows how to drive. And they all forget to give extra braking time, and, well, I’m sure you all know the way it goes! So drive safely!Went over to our next door neighbours last night to see them (and their baby). His name is Caden Jaymie - and he is a looker already! I can’t wait till he starts to grow some more!I had a visitor in the pharmacy yesterday, it was one of my sisters old boyfriends from school. And I didn’t quite remember him... I told her all about him though, and now she doesn’t know who he is too!! He said he went out with her... HA - how funny, claiming it 6-10 years later!!I also went to Qld Transport to get my rego plates replaced! I am now going to have one slimline one and one standard! I was quite excited, I have a good numberplate already, so the slimline on the front will make it look personalised, but $370 cheaper!! Yip-yipee!!Must go, only 1 minute to psyche myself up for work!!Bya!EDIT: I feel like complete shit actually - I just started to work and I’m on the verge of tears for NO REASON AT ALL!!!! What is happening to me? And I don’t feel 100% in the tummy and I just know that any minute is going to end up in a headache. (Just having a whinge)
PUBLIC SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT 6/7/2005 at 09:13
The colour has changed!! And instead of looking like my lopsided picture when you read my blog, you are going to be able to look at things directly without green splotches in your eyes!! Yipeeeeee!!I will be finding a replacement picture in the soonest future time slot possible!!Bye for now!
HELLO YOU THERE - NO, NOT YOU, THE GUY BEHIND YOU! 6/6/2005 at 15:17
Hello hello! How is everyone!! Another day, another work sponsored blog!! It has been an interesting day... my co-worker up in the admin area, Lyndell came back today! YAY! She found love whilst on her holiday in SA! She was trying to explain how she didn’t have words to say how she fell in love so instantly and that the attraction was just there, etc. And I kept on saying "tell me about it!!". It is really good that she has found herself someone to love, she is a really nice person, and quite pretty aswell! But, like me (until this year) she just hadn’t found Mr Perfect, which, let’s face it, we’re all looking for. (By Mr Perfect, I mean, Mr Perfect for Me, or You, not by Cleo or Cosmo’s standards.)If you read Sam’s blog, you will get the gist of what we have been up to all weekend! And if you haven’t, then, you should now, because I’m not going into it! :)I have begun another scrapbook, this one is for Mum and Dad’s 25th Wedding Anniversary. So I am going to make a really good attempt at getting this one a bit more professional looking. Just going through all of their wedding photo’s, etc was enough to get me teary. I can’t wait to make a start on it - it’s going to be something for my kids, and their kids to keep!! I have been sourcing Scrapbooking materials from Big W, and King Kongs, and the newsagency, but I think one of these lunch breaks I will go to the scrapbooking shop in Nambour for a squiz!! And may even venture to Kmart, and Target, etc!I have started a new book, Around the World in 80 dates! An inspiration and a laugh to all singleton’s out there!! And a laugh still if you’re attached like me!!I need need need to learn Indonesian and how to use Photoshop ASAP!! I tried to learn photoshop from the "help" section, and almost begged Sam, but to no avail!! I am still photoshop unready!! HELP! I don’t even need to do anything funky - I just want to play with some of the picarooni’s I’ll be using for the scrapbook!On other news, I was cleaning my room out last night after Sam left when I came across my letterbox (a hat box filled with penpal letters and those from mates at school). I started reading some of them, and I think I may entertain some of you with the stories from "back in the day" when I was at school!! Isn’t it funny what we write when we’re so young and impressionable!!Anyhoo - I’ve had my gas for this afternoon!! I’d better sign off as I am seeing green dots everywhere I look! Maybe one of these days I will get someone in the know to tone down my colours so that I’m not responsible for everyone going colour blind!!TIP OF THE WEEK: When looking in the Hyundai Car yard, don’t tell them you’re trading in a Soarer because you want something with "more power"!! They will look at you funny and laugh in private! (Love you Sam! But it was too funny not to share!!)
WORK SUCKS MORE THAN A HOOVER ON MAXIMUM SUCTION 5/26/2005 at 16:58
The owner of my work today proved that if a whining, bitching customer persists with bad and rude behaviour, that they will get their own way. This is seriously f*****d up and I wish that she would stop sucking up the customers bums for once and actually try to make a profit, then at least, we could afford to keep some people on....Gross dramatisation of the situation, but I am so pissed that I spent so long on an account problem, just to have her turn around, and not only override me, but let this woman get money out of us that she does not deserve.... I think I’ll take her number and address home with me.... hmmmmmm
AND THEN THE PHONE RINGS!! 5/25/2005 at 16:51
I’m sick of the phone ringing at work at the moment, because after our receptionist goes home, it’s up to me to answer it!! And it just keeps going until I do!! Blahkgher....Its my mum’s birthday today, so Happy Birthday mum! Not that she’ll ever read this, because she’s a bit techno-shy!! But it’s all in the thoughts because I haven’t got her a card, and her present is a much requested Helicopter ride!! On other news, Becca broke up with her boyfriend (or rather, he broke up with her) her official statement is "I’m quite sad about it really". She was doing a bit of a bitter sister routine, you know - "when it happen’s to you" and "yeah, it’s all roses in the start".... I’d like to think that Sam and I have a pretty good chance at not being like Becca and Tim, because he hasn’t yet written off my car like Tim did to Bec!On a much brighter note, only 67 sleeps until I leave for Bali!! Only 3 sleeps until Laura’s party (which at this stage we will be in attendance at after a 50th in Bracken Ridge) and Only 2 sleeps until the weekend starts and I get to see Sam!! Ahhhhhhhh!So, there is my Wednesday afternoon blog, complete with utter babble that will do me for another day, or two or ten!!P.S. Anyone interested in Big Brother on Sunday 12 June - crap, that’s soon? It will be a day filled with dreamworld and a night filled with BB05 - if we (Chels and I) can’t get it off the ground for the 12th, then maybe July because school hol’s are the two weeks after that. Tickets for a gold package, which are the best seats you can get, and entry to dreamworld for the day are $87.00 each..... I think the tickets get more expensive after that date??
HEY-HEY YOU THERE!! 5/24/2005 at 10:05
The title of this blog was once suggested to me as a useful pick-up line!! HAHAHA!! It never worked because I never used it! But feel free to adopt it if you are free and single and lookin for some lovin!! ;)Anyways - I’ve decided that taping Big Brother and watching it back, fast forwarding through the boring bits, and even watching another BB show whilst watch my pre-taped episodes in the ads is the only way to watch it!! It takes up much less time in my world, and leaves me more time to chat to Sam, read my book or write in my diary!! I’m glad that Gianna, Michael, Geneva and Hotdogs are up for BB eviction... they all suck - infact, I have no particular liking to anyone on the show this year as they are all cocky little shits!! All the girls and even some of the guys seem to think that they are Bi - and they STILL DON’T GET ANY BLOODY ACTION!!!Uncut last night was boring boring boring - I have a porn movie that I got in a showbag at sexpo that would be more interesting than the shoddy show they put together last night!! However, I am now addicted to the shite and can’t help myself! I haven’t even played tiger for weeks!! Boo-hoo!!Tea Breaks over - CYA!!
THE WEEKEND THAT WAS! 5/23/2005 at 09:15
As we alllll know, Sitar on Friday night was excellent!! Sam and I are forever saying that we will dine-in, and then when I get down to Brisbane, all we can do is talk about how hungry and tired we are. Then we go and get take-away Sitar, or pizza, etc and go home to watch TV and go to sleep!!Saturday morning we woke up and Sam made toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches for breakie before we headed out to watch Star Wars. It was quite enjoyable, had a bit of a cry when the (and please excuse my spelling here) Obiwan, Padme and Annikan scene on the volcano planet happened... went home and watched family guy episodes, had a nap and then went to Wayne and Alison’s. Had a very enjoyable night with dinner at Lone Star - we were discussing the nessecity of comments cards on the tables so that you can rate the line dancing staff members! Went to the Casino for a couple of hours where everyone except Sam lost money! Then went back to Wayne and Alison’s and watched (slept through) Galaxyquest. And went home to sleep!Sunday morning we woke up and did a bit of a driving tour of eastern Brisbane, starting with lunch at Wynnum, a drive through port of brisbane and ending with a lovely Sunday stroll along the beach just past Clontarf, and just before Redcliffe! We went home and had a sleep before I headed back to the coast where my taped BB05 first official eviction was waiting to happen!! HA HA - Angela is gone!! And what will constance announce tomorrow?? Has she broken up with the boy, or has she become engaged, or maybe.... she was the first pregnant person in the house.... we’ll see tonight on the second nominations show of 2005!!Anyway, I must go back to work now, enough time wasted!!
OLDIES, BUT GOODIES! 5/20/2005 at 15:13
Okay, the most bizarre thing just happened.... I was sitting at work, when I thought, hey, I might check my email!! And I did (not the bizarre thing, I always steal time and internet from work)....Anyway - low and behold, there was an email from one of my childhood friends!! I haven’t spoken to her in about 11 years, and she found me on School friends.com.... everyone should join up right now!!I am still speechless, and figured that it couldn’t be real until I told someone, so I rang my dad, who is one of 3 people who would understand the full significance of this contact! That is all I have to say! See you at Sitar!!
HAS ANYONE SEEN TIME FLYING BY?? 5/18/2005 at 08:40
Okay, where is my life going?? I am 23, living at home with my parents, and working in Nambour..... take 7 years away, and you have my teenage years. The only differences are that a) I have a drivers license; b) I have a boyfriend; c) I pay more rent; d) I earn more money.... So there you are, not much at all has changed. And I’m a bit afraid that it’s not going to either.... All of a sudden it’s the middle of May and I can’t help but wonder where it’s all gone? Time that is... we all say that it flies by, but I haven’t even really noticed it. It’s like all of a sudden I’ve skipped from school days to these ones, and I want a refund on all the crap that’s happened inbetween, because I can’t remember most of it!!Okay, onto new and exciting things.... like I’ve been saying for a while now, I’m going to Bali, except now, I’ve got a passport and have paid for mine and my sister’s tickets. So, we really are going!! From the 31st July to the 14 August. And I am soooo excited that I keep dreaming about leaving my passport at home while I go to the airport!! I had another one of these dreams last night. It’s really quite worrying, because I’ve never been overseas before, and I’m afraid that something terrible will happen over there, like all of the horror stories you hear happening to someone else, but compounded by 10. I’m sure I’ll get over it!! I’m just really looking forward to surprising my cousin (who’s been travelling around Nepal and India and all sorts of foreign locations) because she doesn’t know we’re coming yet.... and also, getting to spend time with our other cousin, who we only just met last year, and is my uncle’s love child from 28 years ago!! But most of all, I’m looking forward to spending all of my Rupiah’s - you get something like 7000 for $1..... yay! Go the massive exchange rates and lower economy in foreign countries!! Got to run, work to do and all that!!
THANKS KEVVY POO POOS!! 5/8/2005 at 16:10
Thank you for taking my moustache man off my little bloggy thingamy....As I like to say, if you’re offended by me, then you’re an idiot... but I mean it in an entirely nice way, because I never intentionally mean to offend or hurt anyone with things I say (to their face -he he)..... I tend to do it alot because I have issues with my toneal control.... and text is the most difficult medium to interpret emotionally unless you’re great with exclamation marks!!!!!! :)I rarely take offence at other people’s comments, etc, which may sometimes be a problem, but I actually learnt the amazing lesson that not everyone is going to like you, love you or even want to work with you, at my last office job. Admittedly, I was a HUGE know-it-all, and a bit of a nazi, about EVERYTHING! However, I knew my job inside and out, and most everyone elses in the office, no word of a lie there, which I guess is what made me a know-it-all..... Anyway, a girl I worked with and I didn’t get along, and she was always complaining about me, or saying rude things, making me upset.... and this all came to a head when I realised that she was just the trigger to my mounting case of depression. Once I had that in the bag, my life has never been so self-concious-stress and worry-free!I am very much a talk before you think kind of gal.... and if someone doesn’t like what I say, instead of taking offence, they should speak up for themselves! But I guess not everyone can be so outspoken, or we’d all be at each other constantly.I’m not sure that I have a point today, just felt like typing something.... Oooooo - I am definately going to Bali on holidays!! I’m going with my sister, my aunty and uncle, and my cousin is meeting us over there!! Very very excited!! I am going to go and google Bali now!! This very instant! Goodbye!P.S. Yolande got ripped off by some incest ridden hick from Gympie who voted his singing student ahead of our beloved Yolande in the Karaoke finals that we went to... If the Gympie Times or News, or whatever has a website, I’m going to complain!! Infact, I have now edited my blog to include a copy of the LETTER TO THE EDITOR that I have emailed to the Gympie Times......"I am writing to advise the people of Gympie of the travesty I witnessed on Saturday 7th May 2005 at the Gympie RSL.I travelled with a couple of friends from the Sunshine Coast to support one of our workmates, Yolande Heilbronn in a local Karaoke competion, that if won, would lead to the state and national finals on the Gold Coast. When the five competitors had completed the first of two songs, we noted that our friend and another lady, Donna had certain potential to win the competition. Two of the other three competitors were hard to hear over the speakers and didn’t make any of the effort that Yolande and Donna did with their costumes. The other competitor, the only man in the competition, even though he made an effort with his costume, didn’t have anything near the talent of Donna and Yolande.When the winners were announced as Donna and another girl, there was definate shock amoungst the other competitiors and patrons of the RSL. Upon investigation, it was discovered that one of the two judges, a singing teacher had infact taught the girl who had "won" the competition. I now find that the bias of one of the judges has definately resulted in a fixed competition, and as a result the wrong girl is going to Tweed Heads to represent Gympie in what could lead to being a National Final."
WHY COMPLAIN?? 5/4/2005 at 10:31
Okay, I’m in the mood to rant.... partly to do with the fact that Sad FM and co are in the freaking Tea room - tainting my rest break.....WHY WOULD YOU SIT ON YOUR LUNCH OR TEA BREAK FROM WORK AND COMPLAIN ABOUT WORK?? THESE ARE THE KIND OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD GO HOME TO THEIR LOVING PARTNERS AND STILL TALK ABOUT THE "HELLISH" DAY THAT THEY HAVE HAD.....I hate it when I end up in the tearoom with these particular people because, quite frankly, they are annoying whingers..... they have nothing positive to say, but they want to know every bit of interesting gossip and they pass it on at will, along with other titbits of workplace information....and it makes me wonder why they even still work here.... for fuck’s sake (excuse the language) if you don’t enjoy your job, and all you can do is complain, then quit..... I want to say this so many times in a day that I should just get a T-shirt made up.... I personally enjoy my role, and I think it partly has to do with the fact that I don’t work in the mainstram bitchy wankers area.... I have my office, with a door, and a radio if I really need a boost!! And because of security reasons, I have a locked door, and only authorised staff may enter.... The brightest part of my day is honestly the 1/2 hour that Chels and mine lunches overlap. It is my release from whatever stresses, etc my morning has brought.
IT’S A SAD DAY TODAY 4/28/2005 at 08:28
It’s my dog, Jake’s, deathday. He doesn’t know it yet, and he’s still alive now..... but in a matter of hours, dad will be taking him on the green needle journey of death. Dad was shitty at absolutely everything this morning which tells me that the guilt is eating away at his concious... he hasn’t told my sister yet, and Jake was practically a birthday present 7 and a bit years ago. But the poor little thing just isn’t the same, he’s probably blind and going deaf, he doesn’t respond to the sound of his own voice anymore, and the only reason he was excited yeaterday when I got home was because I had keys in my hand...I’m quite at peace with the whole decision, afterall, pets have never been our family’s thing.... they’ve either run away, been put down or been run over. Mum is devo’d - but Jake was part hers too.... and as I said, Bec doesn’t know and Dad is angry at the whole situation.Anyway, I’m off to work now.....
HELLO GOD, IT’S ME AMBER 4/26/2005 at 12:59
I’m going to Bali!! My uncle and aunty are going late July, Early August, my sister’s going with them (allegedly) and so am I (if I get myself into overseas travel order)!! I’m getting really excited and can’t wait to start researching Bali - it’s my thing, if I’m going to travel (anywhere) then I google it - and all related things that I may be into!! More info to come at a later stage - anyone who feels the need to come with, submit a comment with your interest!! My uncle and aunty have been there heaps, and know all the good, safe, etc places to go!!Becca’s 21st was on Saturday night, so Sam and I got dressed up and ventured into the city to celebrate!! Sam drove, so didn’t drink much, and I was getting over a cold, and got a really sore throat, so stuck to water for it’s re-hydrating purposes (after a couple of Kalua and Milks to take the "edge" off - he he). My mum got drunk and cried (it’s the way for the women of my family) and dad got pissed off because mum was flirting with 20-odd year olds!! HA HA!! It was good to see mum get her own back after all the years of dad’s drunken moments, and now we’ll never have to see it again!!Spent the rest of the weekend NOT WASHING SAM’s CAR, which was the one aim that we had..... I watched Star Wars Episode 4 - and now it’s all coming together from my years of Star Wars ignorance!! I now know what a Wookie is!! Anyways - I’m nearly due back at work, and I have lots to do, cause it’s the monday after a long weekend, which means lots of money to count!!
BIRTHDAY MANIA 4/20/2005 at 08:28
Been busy scrapbooking for my sisters 21st birthday!! Highlight of the night last night was when Bec wanted a birthday candle.... after a while of searching.... mum turns off all the lights, and comes around the corner with none other than the gas BBQ lighter.... bec and i were too busy wetting ourselves laughing to sing happy birthday.Someone will always be prettier. They will always be smarter. Their house will be bigger. They will drive a better car. Their children will do better in school. And their husband will fix more things around the house. So let it go, and love you and your circumstances. Think about it. The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart. And the most highly favoured woman on your job may be unable to have children. And the richest woman you know, she’s got the car, the house, the clothes....might be lonely. And the word says if "I have not Love, I am nothing." So, love you. Love who you are. Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say "I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!" "Winners make things happen. Losers let things happen." "To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world".
GLOSSY MAGAZINES ARE FUN 4/12/2005 at 13:22
Well I don’t have much to report.... I need more something (memory - or Megabytes or RAM or some other term I have no idea about) for my laptop to make it go better (to facilitate Tiger Woods obsession)..... I also need more motivation to get my french lessons on track.... I can say hello or goodbye at any time of the day..... but that’s all so far.... Nothing really exciting has happened, except that my sister and her boyfriend HAVE NOT broken up, they are just moving out from each other after 2 and a half years..... My mum managed to mislead my on the WHOLE situation.... now I’m finding it hard to comprehend anything she says as my brain goes into automatic bullshit filter mode! Lost netball last night - no surprises there!! I really want this old lady named Colleen to not play in our team.... she refuses to play any other position apart from shooter - and that really pisses me off!I have holiday money - and no ideas for a holiday.... I wouldn’t mind Bali or Fiji... or a quick trip to Victoria to catch up with my grandies and go for a hack at the snow.... I don’t really want to spend my entire savings.... this is not to be the trip of a lifetime, just a trip to fulfil the travel bug I recently picked up... And I don’t want any magots living in my skull (as seen in body snatchers) after I get back from somewhere exotic! hmmmmm, back to the drawing board I guess!!
WHEN LOVE GOES WRONG 4/6/2005 at 08:26
The best news that our family was expecting has been announced.... my sister and her drop-kick boyfriend have finally (after two years of fucking around) broken up!! YAY!! We’re not sure of the details yet, and I’ll keep you posted, but at the moment, my dad, cousin and her partner are moving her out on Saturday!I won’t go into all the things that this dip-wit has done to our family - writing off bec’s (and my) first car was his major faux par - but lets just say that if this is a false alarm, there’s going to be an uproar!!On this subject of boyfriends though, when this announcement was made, my dad became retrospective and admitted that in his eyes, things "just hadn’t been right" between Bec and Tim since before Christmas.... which just made me wonder about our parents secret talent to spot drop-kick and looser boyfriends before the rose colour tint wears off.... my dad especially is always the first one to say that he knew it wouldn’t work out!! Yet, he doesn’t share these broadcasts prior to anything going wrong, except maybe with mum. Things bec could have known two years ago!!
I WISH I WISH I WAS A FISH 4/4/2005 at 20:59
Firstly thank you’s!! Thanks to Chelsea for all of the great piccies from my 23rd! Thanks to my mum for the great cake (that the RSL later gave to randoms....)Thank you to everyone who made it - I had an absolute ball! And - luckily, I didn’t get too drunk, so Sam didn’t have to escape to a corner!! You can check out all of the very groovy picaroonies in Chelsea’s Gallery!!One of my favourite pictures should appear above!! I have titled it "ANIMAL"Anyway, what I got for my birthday - French lessons from my sister (the blonde in pink in the pic’s); The OC Series One Boxed set from mum and dad (the brunette in the grey dancing the night away and the bearded man in blue, that in one pic has the "kev _expression on his face.....[to be demonstrated])Here is my dadVS. KevSeperated at birth?? Hmmmmm..... Chelsea - does this make you want to do a family tree?I got a nice vase from our neighbours, Stevie and Nellie, and some lovely candles and candle plate, holder thingamies from Sam!!Anyway, I’m off now, I want to print some of the pic’s, then I have to dry the dishes and finish tidying my bedroom.... I started "re-organsing" in order to fit some of my pressies in (mainly Sam’s candles) and now I have a bombshell to sleep in!! Hopefully I may get enthusicastic in whilst doing the dishes....
I MISSED A DAY!! 4/1/2005 at 08:17
For those of you devoted to my blog (deeesssppperado - why don’t you come to your senses)... you will notice that I missed a day yesterday - AND IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY TOO!! Hmph!!Anyway, to make up for it, I am forcing myself to blog right now, because there is a good chance that I won’t be blogging this weekend (due to self-induced illness). For those of you coming on Saturday night, it’s looking to be a good night.... if you see Sam in a corner, it’s because I’m too drunk! I’ve told him I’ll mix the alchohol up with water.... not very likely, but I’ll try for the sake of it!!By for now - but I’ll be back!EDIT:- iT’S 1:39pm - I have shiploads to do - but can’t focus!! Just invited the IT guy - aka Trousers to my party on Saturday.....it’s not so much that I’m getting desperate - I’ve had to extend the booking, but that I felt sorry for him - he was asking what I was doing, and I told him, then added as an afterthough - you should come!!
SHHHH BE VERY VERY QUITE, I’M HUNTING BUNNY RABBITS 3/30/2005 at 08:24
I tried to dye my hair last night - it was meant to be vibrant red - and it isn’t! It has tinges of red, but it’s not the vibrant red that I was expecting (the dye was fire engine red). I’m not sure if I’ll do it again, I’m a bit scared of being a red head again (spent most of my out of school years as a red head) it’s so hard to maintain the exactly required brightness, shinyness, etc. Maybe I’ll put a semi-permanant through - and wait for it not to work as well!On the bright side, mum has said that it can be meatloaf night at my place tomorrow for my birthday. She’s like, ask your friends at work (Chelsea & Kev) if they want to come too. I’ve now issued the invite, and Chels is going to check with Kev!! Ooooo meatloaf!! Yum Yum! No peas please!
WEIRD FACTS IN EVEN WEIRDER PLACES 3/29/2005 at 12:59
They have trivia on everything now.... one of the girls in the lunchroom just said that the average speed for flys is 7.something km’s an hour. When asked where this interesting fact came from, Julie held up her juice cap. Which made me think about where else they have trivia. For example, any girls out there would be more familiar with the trivia printed on the peel-off tabs on sanitary pads. I have to admit to being one of the suckers, sitting in the loo for an extra thirty seconds, reading the meaningless facts that I’ll probably never repeat, or remember. On to more interesting news.... the weekend was full of fun and socailising events. Started on Friday night at my cousins for a cocktail party. I got drunk, Sam couldn’t handle it - more so that he was taking my drunken babble and carry-on seriously and becoming offended.... oh, and I spilt a red cocktail over his white "christmas" shirt. NO STAINS though, we chucked it in the wash asap.... about the same time I was put onto water.Woke up early on Saturday and left Mango Hill for Nambour to prepare and pack. And even though I didn’t have a hang-over, I was fairly irritated BY EVERYTHING! So, we didn’t really "stock-up" on camp food, etc, but instead got some lunch, one steak, some banana’s, some chocolate and alchohol in addition to the food I’d prepared Thursday (Nacho’s style dip with cornchips). We headed to Noosa to pick up the tent from Sam’s dad, then onto the barge. What a freaking trip - the whole 2 mintutes on the barge I was ranting about how fucked up it was to be in my car, on a boat. We left my car at the Northshore pub and Mat (of Mat and Kelly fame) picked us up and we headed up the beach..... NOTE TO SELF (and anyone who might be considering it) - bench seats when four wheel driving is NOT comfortable. But thanks heaps to Mat for coming to collect us! We got to camp and set up. It was just like when we were kids - impatient looks, grunts of displeasure and shaking of thy head (all from Sam) and then the whining, the rolling of the eyes and the huffs of sufference (they were from me). We set up the tent and I got the geat job (seeing as Sam had set up the tent) of setting up the bedding, etc. Then we sat around and relaxed..... Sam kept asking if I was OK and having fun - because I went into brain freeze mode and wasn’t responding to any human interaction. Had a nap when time wasn’t going fast enough. Kel and Mat went to Freshwater for a toilet stop as our camp site had NO secret peeing places... as it was I had to firstly, go for a "swim" during daytime, and then secondly climbed halfway up a sand dune to balance precariously near a tree, drop my trakkies and squat over who-knows-what.... then had to do the shake, pull up, balance, skip out of the direction of the pee, balancing trick before joining Sam who was kindly waiting for me! We made a campfire, struggled with the wind, then went to bed.... short but sweet, hopefully Sam and Kelly do a better job of outlining the day!!I will finish this in due course, lunch is over!!EDIT:- Okay, where was I? That’s right. The next morning, I awoke to the sounds of engines (once again, thanks Mat [this time sarcastic]. Sam got up and did the manly thing of standing around making plans (I’m assuming this was what happened as I was still getting some sleep). All of a sudden I’m told that we are going to the North of Double Island to make camp for the day with the Jetski. So, after a quick change and pack job, we were once again mounting the bench seat for a bum-numbing trip (not as bum numbing as Cheree[spell check] who sat on the Console of the other car in order to fit Kel in, who kindly forfeited her seat in her car to us (TA KEL & CO). We arrived over the other side and it was fairly quiet (read - dead quiet) the wind wasn’t blowing and the water was gently lapping at the shore. We set up the tarp and put the Jetski in the water and settled in for breakfast. After brekkie, the day went fairly quickly with the boys and Cheree going out on the Jetski, and Kel and I opting out of the death-defying machine of dooooooommmmmm. Some bum of a hilux driver chucked Sam’s organge frisby out to sea (luckily it flew back to us) - so we stopped playing after that. Thought I saw some people I knew, but wasn’t prepared to run after them! Tried to call them, but their phone was off. Blah Blah Blah - boys got a great idea to go and find a camp site on Northshore, so we went back to the site, packed up and drove the 40 odd km’s to the pub - couldn’t get a site, so we all ate dinner at the pub - nice food - and proceeded to venture home.... My car’s brakes really need to be looked at now.... hopefully I can get them fixed by Russ (dodgy but cheap) ASAP. Dropped the tent off at Sam’s dad’s and back to Nambour to spend the night at my place. Mum and dad had some friends over when we got there, and my little sister and her boyf, Tim were their. We stayed up as long as we could before heading to bed. I couldn’t get to sleep as every little noise annoyed me, so I was tossing and turning, Bad nights sleep all around I believe - sorry sam!By the way - apologies for the ultra-bad grammar, punctuation and anything else.... I know you’re thinking - has this girl heard of paragraphs?Woke up the next morning by dad phoning my mobile from the kitchen to tell Sam and I that Tim, Bec and Dad were going for a drive, and inviting us along. We went to Lake Baroon (formally Baroon Pocket Dam I thought) and went the back way through Palmwoods, then over Keil Mountain Road to Bli Bli and whatever the road that ISN’t Petrie Creek Road way back to our place. We had some lunch and watched a movie - at which point, I bowed out for a nap. Sam joined me and we napped away until it was time to say bye to Bec and Tim. Mum dragged me down the shop so that Dad could bond with Sam (my theory) over bottling beer. Then we had Red Rooster for dinner and Sam went home! Ahhhhhhh - still crappy recount - but that’s all Ive got!!If you’ve made it this far - you deserve a gold star!
IT’S MY PARTY, AND I’LL CRY IF I WANT TO 3/24/2005 at 08:54
Well, the plans have been made - and SMS invites (and some hardcopy ones) have gone out!This is my last port of call for the invite circuit. My party will be at Nambour RSL (the place to be) on Saturday April 2nd. Come along at 7pm (meeting in the Petrie Bar) for dinner (please RSVP by 31/03/2005 for numbers) OR at 8pm on for drinks, etc.I don’t know how many people read this - but if you’re Albear’s internet stalker - please don’t come along - you won’t be welcome. Everyone else, join in the fun - get drunk, watch me dance to whatever live music they have on that night, and party the night away!!On a sad note, after telling Sam how great my digicam is last night, I got it out to take a picture or two of my trophies, AND IT’S BROKEN! I think something in the lens - someone said the shutter mechanism - is broken and won’t open..... I’m going to visit my old mates at Camera House to see if they can fix it...... Boo Hoo...
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME!! 3/23/2005 at 08:28
Well, on my current winning streak, we won our grandfinal last night! Yippee! And the best bit? We got a massive trophy - it is huge! The biggest trophy I’ve ever received! I was stoked.... held the champions pose of trophy in hand up high until I got in the car. Dad said - do you want me to drive, and I said, no it’s okay, but it’ll be hard driving with the trophy in my hand!! Location joke really! It was a close game, we only won by two, and mum and dad came to watch and agreed that it was the best game they’ve ever seen me play, last final included! I sent one girl sprawling on the ground - but usually she’s an annoying bitch to play against.... couldn’t wipe the grin off my face - I AM EVIL!!
OOOOHHHH I GOT THE MOJO 3/22/2005 at 15:05
Yes that’s right, we won and are in the Grand Final tonight!! Woo hooooo!! Another beer mug that I’ll have to fight my dad for!We play at 7:30 at Nambour Indoor Sports if anyone wants to come watch me roll around the court in my netball skirt and trendy purple bib!! We are called "Carefactor" HA!EDIT - IMPORTANT FACT - THERE IS A BAR AT THE CENTRE!!OOoooooo I reckon we’ll loose, but if we win - that will be great!!Anyway, back to work, I actually have heaploads on today, and this week really!I’ll have the results here for you live tonight or tomorrow morning!Tentative B’Day plans is for a dinner/something at Woombye Pub, possibly Palmwoods or Buderim Tavern.... haven’t really decided yet - but it’ll be on Saturday 2 April 2005!
WORK IS TO BLOG AS METAMUCAL IS TO BOWELS... 3/21/2005 at 15:30
Well, I’m back at work today and I guess the good thing is, for anyone who actually reads my blog, I will be more regular.... So far I’ve had a major case of Mondayitis.... highlight of my day was having lunch with Chelsea, and laughing about a pop-up book that Social Club Books left for us to peruse and purchase.I’m supposed to be on my tea break now, but I think I’ve gone over by 10 minutes - ooops, who cares! That’s the way - lovely work ethic!On the weekend, which I completely neglected to mention in my last blog, Sam and I roadtripped to Ipswich! We travelled back in time for all of about 10 minutes when we got lost on the way to the Indoor sports centre and ended up at The Ipswich Rock’n’Roll club’s do. I asked some strange ipswichian if she knew where the Indoor Sports Centre was - and she didn’t know.... but her little bit of help (ah, I think there’s another building behind this one?? - inevidable as it was the showgrounds....) led us to our final destination.We also watched a couple of good movies - The Terminal; The Cutters (I think it’s called that?) and Collateral. I kept falling asleep through Collateral and waking up to get updates from Sam (who was very patient with my sleepiness - thanks sweetie!).I have another Netball final tonight - not the grand final, but if we win this one, then we’ll be in the grand final tomorrow night. If we win tonight, please feel free to come along and cheer us on tomorrow night for the GRAND FINAL!!Enough from me. How are you today?Oh, by the way - Congrats on the job Josh !! And Good Luck for your first day tomorrow!
THE FIRST RELATIONSHIP FART.... 3/20/2005 at 22:03
I remember it now Sam.... it took me until Hale Street after leaving your place... but the first relationship fart - was all yours...I remember it like yesterday. Walking out of your room in Paskins Road. hearing an almighty rumble - thinking it was the train, or a scary monster let loose in Palmie.... but alas, alak - it was but my lovely, polite, sweet Sam.... giving it all it was worth in the toilet. And with those acoustics.... let’s just say - I would have been doing laps of the house with my T-shirt over my head (soccer style) claiming it if it’d been me! HE HE!The conversation of who got first fart came along because, after a mexican meal with beans last night - I wasn’t been very lady like (gross I know - but entirely natural). And Sam was paying me out. And I was like - welllllll, you did it first - HA!Sorry to everyone who may have endured that little rememory... but Sam was saying that I should have blogged it when it happened. I didn’t think he’d appreciate his gas being put up in a public forum - but shit happens (normally after particularly bad gas - DAD JOKE, apologies!!)Back to work tomorrow - blah. The highlights of my week will be:1. Seeing Chelsea - I’ve missed you!!!!2. Only having to work 4 days this week - and next.3. Giving my boss a hard time - about anything, I’m not picky (I’m sure he loves it)4. Getting my Red Tulip Easter bunny and cadbury egg - old standards from Mr E Bunny (Yes I still believe, heck, if I go to sleep, and wake up with free stuff - I’ll believe in whoever or whatever delivered)FACT :- Jake’s new car is niceFACT :- 11 sleeps till my birthdayGOOD NEWS - our driveway is being concreted the weekend after Easter!SAD NEWS - my parents are getting old - they were all tucked up in bed tonight with lights and TV off when I got home - AT 9:10PM..... what the?LOVING RIGHT NOW :- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 - wonder if they have TA (Tiger’s Anonymous for those of you playing at home!) I could even go all Kevin on you and start playing online and posting pictures (except I dunno how)..... NOT!It’s been a good weekend off - still didn’t get lots done - and didn’t even really bludge that much... I guess that leaves plenty of time for bludging at work - HA!Anyway, I’m sleepy! So off to bed for me!!
I HAD A GREAT TITLE EARLIER - NOW I CAN’T REMEMBER IT.... 3/16/2005 at 10:49
How’s my crappy title!! Anyway, my hol’s are good - bit quiet. I’m going to have lunch with a friend that used to work at the pharmacy, Judy. I’m packing a picnic.I was planning on having a lovely sleep in this morning until my phone rang.... the caller was going to get a lovely lecture along the lines of "Do you know what time it is? (8:00am) This is an unacceptable time to call, I’M ASLEEP!! Goodbye" BBBBUUUUTTTT it was Sam. So instead he got the - if it wasn’t you, you’d be getting a lecture - talk. He was laughing. Hmmpphhh. I was awake, and actually happy, so I stayed awake and watched Daddy Daycare - one of eleven movies I purchased yesterday when I couldn’t spend money on clothes - nothing looked good...... Can’t wait for another couple of weeks on mum’s weight watchers eating plan when I may actually fit into some nice clothes.... Anyway - the movies I got were many and varied... The three Harry Potter movies - Secret Window - Road to Perdition - Down To You (Freddy Prince Jnr - droooolllll) - and another couple.... will make for interesting viewing over the next couple of days...I am being so uncreative right now. Blah!!Oh - big news - I no longer have a credit card. The bank cut it up right in front of me - I nearly cried.... longest relationship I’ve ever had! He he! I have refinanced so that I have money to travel when I want to - I’m saving on top of that too.... and also so that my credit card could dissapear. Well, mission accomplished. It’s a bit scary, because I won’t have any back up now.... I’m going to have to layby! Eeekkk.Oh, and we won our Semi final on Monday night for Nambour Netball - one more game, if we win, we’ll play the grand final... bit dissapointing because we were one short... if we hadn’t been - we might have won by more than 1 - but, a win’s a win! And maybe another winners glass!!On that boring note... have a lovely week if I don’t blog again soon....
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!! 3/13/2005 at 19:47
Well, we won netball.... only just. The other team were one down and we only won by 2. So, all in all, pretty poor effort, but I did get a mug that says "WINNERS"!Mum and Dad bonded with my boss, Fiona, and her English live-in lover, Tony. It was pretty funny cause Dad and Tony...and Fiona were all drunk!Anyway, once Tony had "accidently" kissed my mum goodbye, I drove us all home where we sat around and discussed the legitamacy (spell check?) of my illegitamate cousin. Then we went to bed, I was thinking "I was great at Netball tonight!"The rest of the weekend I spent with Sam, who I’m still with now, having a weeknight sleepover as I don’t have work tomorrow. He gets so antsy when in the Shopping Centres, which is one of my favourite places to be on the weekend - such a festive atmosphere! But he normally gets over it within 24 hours... what a drag.Dropped in at my cousins on the way back to Sams tonight and helped them assemble their new outdoor furniture - 50% off so they brought a bar thingy too - way too much furniture, but at least they will have a furniture christening party on easter weekend when Shellys cousin (on the other side of her family) will be up.Belinda (Buz - shellys other cousin), Shel and I always get up to mischeif when were all together, so itll be interesting to see what we get up to when our mums arent there to quash any of our zany plans to conquer the world! Add cocktails and itll only mean trouble! Hopefully Samll be able to keep me in line!Sorry about the poor punctuation, the computer Im on isnt Amber compliant!
JUST A QUICKIE!! 3/11/2005 at 14:00
I have my netball grandfinal at Maroochydore tonight at 9:45 pm!! That is correct - a quarter to ten at night, they are making me be sporty!! Now, I am not really sporty at the best of times....netball is social time - qualified by the amount of time I spend talking to the opponent on the court..... maybe why we are bottom of the ladder at Nambour?? Eeeekk! Due to the fact that I didn’t do any washing this week and am saving it for tonight, I then had to go and purchase some new socks and netball briefs.... how lazy can I be?It’s okay, at one point, when I lived in Brisbane, it was much worse - Mum once counted over 50 pairs of undies that I’d stocked up on so that I could do my washing something like 6 times a year.... oh, and I had to buy clothes for every free dress day!!Ahhhhh, the bachelor (what is the girls version??) days before I moved back into mum and dads!!
THE GOOD NEWS AND THE BAD NEWS 3/10/2005 at 16:00
I’ve always preferred, when faced with the option above to hear bad news first, thinking that the good news will cheer me up when I hear it!However, today was different.The bad news - Lynn’s daughter has Cancer - she is only 12 or 13 and they are starting her on Chemo ASAP.This news shook the entire workplace, prompting most of the full-timers to contribute to one our biggest "rally-around the offices" yet. A whopping $200.00 will be put towards buying something for Kelly, Lynn and their family in the hope that it will show them that we are all thinking of them.The good news was delivered after this devistating news, and was that I can go on holidays because they have a replacement for Lynn for the time being.Ofcourse, different circumstances would have had me bouncing off the walls with excitement! But today I think I will use as a reflection of how lucky I am to have a loving, supporting and healthy family who are there for me no-matter what. I think it’s time that I took mum out on one of my special Mum and Amber days, just to show her how much I appreciate everything she does for me!You don’t realise how lucky you are until you have to think about the what-if’s do you?
WHY AM I SO TIRED? 3/9/2005 at 08:25
So I’m sitting here, slumped over the lunchroom computer desk wishing I was Samantha out of Bewitched and could wiggle my nose to go home and have a nap.My holidays are up in the air at the moment because one of the ladies that I work with is away because her child is super-sick (tuma on the knee - bad bad bad). But I’m hoping that they will be able to get someone in to replace me for the week. Unfortuantly though my work doesn’t think it sensible to replace people when they are on scheduled holidays because it’s just too expensive, they believe that one person can do 2 1/2 peoples work.Enough about that now! I’m looking forward to a weekend up the coast this week. Don’t get me wrong, I love going to Brisbane and visiting Sam (parent free zone). But I just don’t find any time to do the little things - like my washing - when I play netball twice a week and spend all weekend away.Enough from me - I’m off to do some work - uninterrupted by me surfing the net hopefully as I’ve had my fix now!!
THE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE 3/8/2005 at 09:07
10:16amTried Chelsea’s quiz - this time on my tea break - answers were nearly 100%!! What a laugh!you are - Lazy you wish you were - A sex bomb you hope - To get rich someday people think you are - An odd ball intelligent people though, think you are - So damn talkative but, really, you’re just - Quite lost Was thinking the blog below was crap - but can’t delete it cause I don’t want to!Thinking maybe I want my party somewhere cheaper (home) so that my monetry-challenged friends won’t be uncomfortable... Mum said last night I had to ask dad - but he’s so paranoid about the tiles (which he’ll gladly tell you he laid all by himself) and mum started to have a stress about her nice leather furniture.... Not to mention the health and safety risk our driveway is....Then I thought, well, if people want to just come along to say hi, or have a drink, etc. Then they can.Heck, I’ll probably be too pissy to notice food exists... although, mum has put me on weight watchers this week - really nice meal last night !! But she gets annoyed with me when I don’t want desert because it means I have less points than her !!Bye for now.... if computer-hog leslie isn’t on at lunchtime, there’s a chance I’ll update again!! My exciting life huh??9:16amI started talking to my mum about my birthday plans. It started off with location, possibly the Pig’n’Whistle, a date (on Saturday the 2nd April if you want to keep it free!), I gave her my dodgy list of things she could get me - including a french book, some new P.J.’s, a rhyming dictionary, and some Ugh boots.... not a final list as I may still buy all these things for myself. And then I started jotting down names of invitees... and it ended up being over 50 people that I could ask.... My mum said to me - wow, you really do have friends, and I was like - yeah, I do! It surprised me actually when I wrote down the list, that there were so many - and that was only the list I could remember off the top of my head. This birthday, is shaping up to be one of the better ones ever. Because even if 10 of the people I have on my list go, I will be having a blast!Anyway, have to go, a consious just grew and I’m feeling a bit guilty about doing this on work time!
THE WEEK OF THE FRIEND 3/3/2005 at 09:20
This week I will be staying in touch. I sound like advertisement for Optus, and although I feel like I am single handedly keeping them afloat with my phone bills, I mean that I’ll be getting back in touch and staying in touch with friends I haven’t spoken to for ages.Following on from my "I wish I had more time for my friends", I will be using my free night next week due to Netball game not being on Wednesday, and my holidays coming up to do some serious friend networking!This is something I initiated this morning and last night with emails and text messages, booking myself up for social events on my free nights and holidays. I just really hope I can keep to my word to myself!Tonight I’m catching up with one of my best friends from school. We dropped out of contact a couple of years ago, just after my 21st when I realised that we were growing apart, and I wasn’t going to wait for her. That was back in the day when I was a career woman in Brisbane working a 60 hour week with no social life. I actually thought I was better than her (although I realise now that I was becoming what my parents and Brisbane friends wanted) The only company I kept was with a cat, Lilac. I was the cat woman!Anyway, Dani’s always been the same person with the same ideals, and it took longer for me to realise that I’m very similar also (deep down). You see, Dani was always destined to live in a small town and settle down to marry and have many many children. It wasn’t until I was ready to sign onto the Navy for 9 years that I realised these are the things that I ultimately want in my life. And that is how I got to be in my boring go-nowhere job in little old Nambour..... although I wouldn’t rule out moving again to more exciting prospects, without realising it, I think I’ve found myself whilst living on the coast.Enough of my blabber - I actually do have things to do at work today!Cya
ANGRY HITCH HIKER? 3/2/2005 at 21:37
First of all - on my way to netball tonight and a guy was hitchhiking... and he was abusing car’s that wouldn’t stop for him... who in their right mind would stop for someone that looked like they had "issues"? NOT ME!Second of all - my team won our Netball semi-final, and am now playing in my first indoor netball final EVER! I think we get a wine glass "trophy" looking forward to that one!Third of all - I have been approved holidays in record time ever - I’ll be off the week 12-20 March - yipee! Chels, I’ll have to come in and do lunch with you!Fourth of all - my mum and dad are bum-heads because they said if I got in the finals, they’d come watch, and now they’ve turned around and said - Oh no, we meant if you got into NAMBOUR finals, not MAROOCHYDORE! What the? What ever happened to unconditionally supportive parents.... anyone want to trade?Fifth of all - I have been finding no time to catch up with any of my friends, and it is soooo frustrating because I want to catch up - but I’m so lazy/tired/busy and I can’t seem to find the time.... I wish I had another day or two in my week, at the moment I don’t seem to do anything other than eat, sleep and work.Sixth of all - my aim for my holidays is simple - bludge and learn french! Wonder if they give credits for french kissing (he he).Seventh of all, I’m off into another Book Coma - another Irish writer (my favourite kind)....bye!
COLD 3/1/2005 at 08:34
I have a cold - I don’t know where it came from, and by now I’ve probably spread it to everyone I know. Because of the cold, I’m tired and cranky and I don’t want to be at work - but I am, cause I’m the girl that’s never had a sick day at this job....and today is my 1 year anniversary! I think I’ll see how much annual leave I have when I get my pay slip today and then book a week off! That would be nice - a whole week! But my dilema is where to go when you are broke? I could go visit my G’ma and G’pa - but they’re in Vic and I’d have to drive/fly and that costs.... I can go up to Rainbow Beach and visit Wayne (a very close family friend) but he’s on dialysis most mornings, so there’s 3 hours of interrupted sleep! Or, I could stay at home and watch DVD’s, play The Sims and generally bludge..... but then what is the point of a holiday.Hmmmm, so much to think about, and my brain is already hurting.PINCH AND A PUNCH FOR THE FIRST OF THE MONTH>>> NO RETURNS!!
SEXPO 2/25/2005 at 08:52
Chels, Kev and I ventured down to Sexpo last night. Highlights of the night (in order of highlightiness):1. Kevin getting whipped by a random saleslady2. All three of us being caressed by middle aged lady wearing a corset with a tool called "Thumper" (Actually, it was quite sensual - sent shivers down my spine)3. Random salesman assuming Chelsea and I were a lesbian couple4. Another Random salesman massaging my back with still-unknown object, even though I was actively trying to escape5. HIgh-fiving yet another random salesman at the glass dildo stall when he assumed I had a glass dildo and knew all the tricks that he was talking about....?That’s all I can think of right now, and although I did get home before my normal bedtime, I’m somewhat sleepy now that I am at work!
I’VE PUT MYSELF OUT THERE.... 2/23/2005 at 14:10
Well, due to a sense of overwhelming boredness, I have put my details on Seek.com. I thought that maybe if I chucked my job fishing reel in while I was still having a bit of fun in my job, that I could make the swift change-over should anything I like pop up. This way, I get to choose the job, and I get to choose one I really like and think I’ll love and do well at. My only conditions are that it’s a Monday-Friday 9-5 job. There is one good reason for that, but the truth is that I couldn’t stand working weekends again.I’ve put down that I’d be willing to relocate - but in all honesty, I’d only go as far as Brisbane and the immediate surrounding suburbs on the south side.I think that putting myself out there, instead of looking for something in my field (admin) means that if someone in another field thinks I’ve got potential, then they will find me and open a new door for me. You never know, the job of my dreams might be just around the corner! I reckon you should all put your resume on seek (you can hide it from your current employers) and give yourself an ego boost when NAB or CBA, etc want to interview you as their CEO... HE HE!!
EASTER EGGS ARE EVIL.... 2/22/2005 at 13:55
I have found myself this last fortnight polishing off a bag of 475g Cadbury Dairy Milk Easter Eggs every couple of days. I think I am going to turn into an easter egg. How can I stop this - when is enough really enough?I keep telling myself that I am actually being very healthy because the more chocolate I eat, the more water I drink.... and I’m not normally a water drinker! However, I’m pretty sure that any day now, my body is going to rebel and I will end up 5kg’s heavier overnight. Which is going to be easy to spot seeing as mum keeps 3 sets of scales in my bathroom. Two of which say exactly the same thing and another that she claims "wasn’t accurate", so now sits in the drawer.Which is another thing, I’ve taken to weighing myself nearly 3 times a day.... it’s not like I punish myself if I’m heavier, etc. But once I’ve "weighed in" I look in the mirror and go (depending on the results) "yeah I am looking thinner today" OR "Oh, my tummy is sticking out with all that extra weight".I think this is mum’s way of giving me an even bigger complex about my weight/appearance/clothing size. You see, my mum has, for a while now. been secretly trying on my clothes.... not telling me, but the neighbours, who then accidently let it slip in conversation. This is all a part of the friendly rivalry that we have (she has) going on. Like, always asking how much I weigh, only so that she can turn around and say, "I’m lighter than you!!!". As for the clothes, of course my pants are going to fall off her - I have curvey figure and she has a barrell figure. This is something that at the tender age of 22 I have now come to terms with... she still thinks that she is "winning". It’s really sad when your mum is trying to outdo you in the looks stakes, because, let’s face it, I still have youth on my side!!
ONE PONDERS.... 2/21/2005 at 09:07
This morning, reading Josh’s blog, I couldn’t help but think.....Did you ever think about what it would REALLY be like not to have friends.... not to be loved unconditionally, just the way you are, faults and all? You can’t choose your family, but you choose your friends, and more importantly, they choose you. It is this fact that would make them more important in your life than the family you were born into. These are the people that you have selected to have been through ups and downs with, you have celebrated with them and greived with them. You have supported them through tough decisions and asked them for advise in return. These are the people that you would tell your deepest, darkest secrets to and know that they are safe.I have friends that I work with. Friends I play netball with. Friends that I live near. And friends that I can go for months without speaking to, but know that they are there for me, and I think that they feel the same. I have new friends, old friends, aquaintances, relatives and family friends. All of these people are important factors in my life, and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about one or more of them. These people are who I am. Friends are the most important people in your world. And how anyone could seriously (or casually) consider life without them is beyond me.
IT DUMBO COMING THROUGH!! 2/20/2005 at 22:07
The problems I’ve had in the last 10 minutes trying to find the display brightness asjuster thingamy - cause my stupid new bloody keyboard doesn’t have the function key that I normally press!! So, I was already to log off, when I couldn’t find the adjuster (I was looking for f@#$ing contrast (what a dip-shite I am) and I randomly did a search for "fn F2" as that was the only shortcut I knew on my laptop keyboard.... and guess what? I found it! So now the headache I’d developed looking at the dull screen has gone somewhat and I may or maynot have put the display brightness into my toolbar...... eeeeek!Anyway, fairly good weekend, went to see Sam Friday night, he got home a bit later than he told me..... and I was in a sarcastic mood, so Chris coped some friendly ribbing about the amount of deoderant he’d sprayed (let’s just say the factory will have to deliver some more before he goes out Monday - he he!! Sorry Chris) - but Sam got home not long after that, so he was given a reprieve!! We got indian and watched the final episode in Band of Brothers. Got up Saturday morning and got Sam ready for Sydney, I think I’d like to be a boy - no co-ordination of outfit, shoes, jewellery, handbags, make-up, perfume, etc - just chuck everything in a bag and hope for the best. Then drove him to the airport to do the whole couply departure lounge thing.... we were a dissapointment - no visable tounge action, no under-clothes groping!! But if I go to pick him up on Sunday, then there’s a chance we may make it to the "mile close" club (A concept Sam intoduced me to whereby you just have to be a mile close to the airport!! Kingsford-Smith Memorial, here we come!! HE HE!!). Anyway, enough of me trying to be funny!Went home after the airport and was so tired that I had to pull over at the Big Pineapple just to close my eyes for a second, so I didn’t do it whilst driving.... after a couple of minutes rest, I drove the remaining 6 kilometres home and had a nap there too! My sister showed up and we all ate chinese food for dinner (bit of a multi-cultural theme there). Then the rest of the family watched Black Hawke Down - BORING and I went to sleep - at 9:30pm.Woke up at 10:30 ish, asked mum what I could have for breakfast, she said "there’s a crumpet there" and I was all like "Ooooo crumpets!!" and she says to me "no, there’s just one". I went back to bed.Woke up at 11:45 and had an argument with my family about lunch plans, retreated to the shower for some "me" time and came out the same moody self.We went to go have lunch at Mapleton, but the pub was too full, so we went to the Nambour RSL - wooo hooo!!!! PAAAARRRRTTTTYYYY!! And had steak sandwiches.Then came home, got my hair cut - FINALLY. Then read a book, then my sister left. I rang Sam to make sure he’d arrived safely and that he was having fun - he had and he was - went to watch telly with Mum and Dad, but they wanted to watch crappy 60 minutes, so I went to my room to watch My Restaurant Rules and The X Factor simultaneously while mum and dad watched 60 minutes - yup, we support all channels in this house!! Then some visitors came over - and we watched some of the Edinborough Tattoo thingamy....Here’s where my evening got interesting.... the New Zealand Army Marching Band (or something) did Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport... with one kilted dude being the Kangaroo (obviously wasn’t at practice that day) AND THEN - they did the Haakaa (or however you spell it) then they did another jiggy number whereby they shimmied and shook their little butts around the arena.... never laughed so freaking hard in my life!!Now that I’ve told you all about my boring weekend, I’m going to sleep - yes that’s right - 16 hours wasn’t enough last night!! Sorry if I bored you! But you’re the sucker who read to the end!! He he!!
POEMS BY REQUEST 2/17/2005 at 21:00
Due to popular demand (i.e. a single request from Sam, here is a poem I wrote. (I think it’s the one that you were referring to Sam!!)Evolution of Life
HUGS, KISSES, PLAYMATES AND WISHES
PARENTS, SISTERS, SCHOOL PALS AND DISHES
BOYS, SHOPPING, MOVIES AND CHORES
HIGH SCHOOLGRADES, EXAMS AND OPEN DOORS
UNI, SOCIALISING, RENT AND BILLS
JOBS, BOYFRIENDS, SEX AND PILLS
MARRIAGE, CHILDREN, LOVE AND LOANS
COOKING, CLEANING, JOBS AND HOMES.
Brought myself a new keyboard and mouse today, I couldn’t stand my dodgy tiny little portable mouse any longer. This is so much better. And even though I didn’t use the shortcut keys on my laptop, I’ve just decided that I’ll be using them on the keyboard…..I’m now testing out the new hardware and burning some more sedate music for the drive down to Brisbane tomorrow. I’ve had Ministry of Sound 2003 Annual in my car since yesterday, and my new speakers are definitely being tested!
DON’T WATCH SCARY SHOWS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED! 2/17/2005 at 08:54
I scared the absolute shite out of myself last night right before bedtime. I watched Sensing Murder for the first time ever. And just as the credits were rolling, the phone rang....and I almost wet myself! Luckily though, it was Sam, so I told him of my scary predicament. You see the show had been about a girl who’d been murdered in her bedroom (and I was in my room) and after the show finished, I didn’t want to have my window open anymore, but I didn’t want to open the curtains to close it.... a tough call. I ended up, whilst still telling Sam about how bloody scared I was - at the top of my voice - not looking out the window (my reflection would have spooked me) closed my window and snuggled down into my blankets. By this stage however, I’d had a ten minute conversation in my "outside voice" and mum came down and "gently" ran her nails up and down my door to tell me to be quiet.... however, all I heard was scary murderer type sounds of someone trying to get into my room. There ensued a thirty second conversation of me yelling hysterically at mum whilst trying to fill Sam in on what was happening.This morning, I was telling dad about how scared I was, and being the ever sympathetic person he is, he said.... "If I’d known that, I would have come down and scared you some more" bastard....Moral of the story - don’t watch scary stuff before you go to bed! And DON’T tell your dad when you’ve been spooked, cause your sure to get a noctural visit from the "dad ghost".
BOOK COMA 2/16/2005 at 16:08
Yesterday at about 7:30pm I came out of a coma, a 24 hour book coma. You know the ones when you pick up a new book and suddenly you aren’t responding to human interaction and only grunt when someone starts snapping their fingers directly infront of your face!! I love reading and I can’t get enough of a good book. I’m not talking about trashy romance novels (A.K.A. Mills & Boon) but the real books that really drag you in and tell you a story worth hearing. I understand now why mum used to get so pissed with my sister and I when she was reading and we’d be climbing the walls with boredom. The following conversation is my version of an actual event from about 14 years ago: Mum reading in her room - girls walk in,GIRLS: "Mum, we’re bored, what can we do."MUM: "Go outside and play"GIRLS: "It’s too hot/cold/windy (I can’t remember, but knowing me, there was an excuse)"MUM: "Just go outside, I’m reading"GIRLS: "But there’s nothing to do outside"MUM: "Just leave me for an hour"GIRLS: "How long’s an hour?"MUM: getting increasingly agitated by this stage "60 minutes"GIRLS: "How longs a minute"MUM: turning red in the face "60 seconds"GIRLS: "how longs a second"At about this stage mum turns very VERY red in the face and all but locks us in the back yard - safely fenced ofcourse. We started counting the seconds, lost count of the minutes and found something else to do.Fourteen years later, amber is reading in her room, mum enters. Amber ignores mother’s presence.MUM: Whatchya doing?AMBER: GruntsMUM: "What’s the book about"AMBER: Looks at mother with scowl and mumbles an answerMUM: "Do you want a drink or something"AMBER: Looking menacingly at mother and growls "No"MUM: "Do you wanna watch a movie?"AMBER: "No, I don’t want to watch a movie, I’m reading - JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"MUM: "You only had to say" Mother exits.Hmmmm, now where did I get that attitude from?
I JUST BUY IT FOR THE PICTURES 2/14/2005 at 12:59
In the spirit of Valentines Day, here is a quote from Ben Lee - "We were joined forever before we met today and we’ll be joined forever after".Well, if you read Sam’s blog, you’ll know what we did all weekend, makes it easier for me, cause I can keep on baffling about crapola!!First of all, I think in the name of sanity and music lovers everywhere Sam has taken/hidden my Whitney/Kings of Leon CD that was in my car. I played it very shortly saturday while I was waiting for him to get his firestick, etc from his place. Then I think I may have taken it out on the way to Wet’n’Wild, although I don’t know why, cause there was nothing better to replace it with..... anyway, moral of the story is that I looked for it this morning before work, and couldn’t find it anywhere.... so now I blame someone else. Sam was also polite enough to leave out the part on Friday night whereby after 3 hours of sitting at the dining room table listening to all of dad’s "humorous" dad stories, we excused ourselves to go sleep and dad put us on the parental guilt trip for leaving him alone..... come on, we needed sleep!Also, I found a new Karoke song to "master" - Sinead O’Conner - Nothing Compares 2U..... sang rather badly by me at Kelly’s 21st - but I will sing it again, and again and again.HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!! CHERISH THE ONES YOU LOVE!
I’M NOT THE KINDA GIRL TO DO THINGS IN HALVES.... 2/10/2005 at 20:47
Exciting news, well I was excited anyway - I don’t realistically expect anyone else to be that estatic..... I got my car detailed today. And, as should always happen when you wash your car, it rained..... luckily dad let me park in the garage for tonight to finish the drying out process.....When I went to collect my little baby, it was like the moment in perfect match when the wall rolls back and the two singletons are revealed to each other, except in this episode, Yolande, a girl from work dropped me off (it was raining) and I advanced on the garage that my car was in with baited breath..... and there she was, my little eekie!! All shiny and bright and positively sparkling, awaiting my arrival. Of course the first thing I said to the detailers (who were all crowded in the doorway admiring a classic corvette) was "can I keep her here and pick her up tomorrow when it’s not raining?" I’m sure that would have been the 10th time they’d heard that line today! But, they gave me the courteous laugh that my el-lamo joke deserved!I got in my little baby and reversed her out (after the piece of shite owner checked I was okay going out the 3 metre wide opening with my 1.5 metre car......grrrrr anyone would think women have a bad name for reversing....) and then drove her home, on the verge of pretend tears, in the rain. I got home, put her in the garage and admired her cleanliness, checked the job, made sure the lasagne stain was gone, checked out that the rear sun-shade louvre thingamy was in fact shiny and black and basically basked in the glory of my little shiny car.I think I’m in love, and I’ve said this before, but it’s truer now than ever.... I love my car. I know it’s not much, but it’s mine, it’s undented (touch wood) and it’s beautiful. I am now about 50% percent less ashamed to drive it. Mainly cause she’s pretty again.... I’m feeling a pink decal’s moment again......
MY INSPIRATION.... 2/9/2005 at 09:18
Ooops, I’m on work time, but what the hey, I’m going to be bored later this afternoon anyway, so I may as well write as I think.....This is my most serious blog yet. Yesterday, whilst listening to the radio in my office, I discovered an inspiration - Henry Rolins. I heard his "I Know You" poem/song whatever you want to name it and I am hooked on his work. I immediately googled him and downloaded some of his lyrics. (Once again, on work time).I haven’t really written anything that fantastic for a while now, but when I’m depressed, I normally write my best, and I have to say, the last year of living up the coast has brightened my life considerably. And apart from a couple of miserable months last year, it’s been a brilliant time. But now I have found my inspiration in the poetry sector, I’m hoping I will be able to edit a few of the hundred (give or take) poems that I have written over the years into something that may one day resemble Henry Rolin’s work.I also heard one of the songs from Donnie Darko (which immediately made me think of Sam- wonder why Mr Donnie Darko obsession) it’s the song that plays in the closing credits, and has the chorus of it when it says something like "The dreams that I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had" (very rough quote there). I’m now officially hooked on that song.CONFESSIONS OF A COMMERCIAL MUSIC LISTENER: I now have a new CD player in my car, so I have reverted to listening to CD’s instead of the radio in my car.... I think that listening to music on the way to work makes my day better! However, I think I have commited a musical sin (and you may never respect me again after I tell you this).... I have but Whitney Houston’s "I wanna dance with somebody" on the same CD as The Kings of Leon. It was my "I wanna be happy on the way to work" CD, what more can I say. I won’t mention any of the other artists that appear, but just know that it is shameful and I love it!! He he!!
PANCAKES....WHERE ARE MY FREAKING PANCAKES!!!! 2/9/2005 at 08:28
Being Shrove Tuesday yesterday, mum promised pancakes for breakfast (this was Monday Night and I’ll advise you now that my mum has short attention span). So, first thing Tuesday morning when she popped her head in to ask if I wanted Meatloaf in my salad (....more on the meatloaf obsession another day) the first words out of my mouth were not, "morning mother" (note: never used in our household - ever)or "I’ll be up in a minute" (note" normally yelled at that unreasonable high pitch in response to constant badgering about my awakening time) but simply one word, and a very important one at that....."PANCAKES?" to which she replied, and this really gets me..... oh, I forgot about pancakes, and I’ve already put your dad’s toast in. I’ll make them for desert tonight.The next thing I remember about yesterday morning was getting out of bed and saying my second word of the morning worth talking about, "F***!!!!" You see, the night before, I’d hurt my leg at netball and could hardly walk.... of course, mum and dad, not realising the full extent of my injury, needed a song and (limping) dance about how sore I was and how much this was going to impact my day - (it was shaping up that I would be in flat shoes instead of my typical heels). What a bugger of a morning. This morning, I had the morning I should have had yesterday, first of all, I woke up when my alarm went off , second of all, I could walk freely (only a slight twinge in my calf muscles) and third of all, I got pancakes for breakfast (left over from yesterday). It’s almost as if I’m living through some real life Groundhog day!!
PEAS IN MY MEATLOAF? 2/6/2005 at 16:39
What the!! The strangest thing just happened - my mum just popped her head into the study and asked me the question that should never EVER be asked of a meatloaf-loving-child - "Do you want peas in your meatloaf" to which I replied (at a very high and unnatural pitch) "Pea’s!! - in my meatloaf?? We’ve never had peas in meatloaf". You see the problem we’ve encountered today is that Mum thinks it’s natural to incorporate other, non-tradionally-family-accepted items into the "old favourites" and I think it is blasphemy!Previous problem’s we’ve encountered in this arena include when she "experimented" with Lasagne and put fresh tomatoes in, as opposed to the previously tried and tested canned tomatoes in meat sauce.... that was the year of weight watchers.... the family rebelled, we never saw fresh tomatoes in our lasagne again. The latest problem (pea’s in meatloaf aside) was when she all of a sudden changed the mustard sauce that she makes to go with silverside. Yet another high pitched, unnatural moment of amber almost screaming - "what are mustard seeds doing in my sauce?". See in the years (my whole life actually) gone by, we had only ever had "mustard sauce" that consisted of white sauce with mustard powder in it..... and although I’ll admit it now that the new sauce far exceeds the old sauce, on the day it arrived, I was not so pleased.Now I’m sure you’re all thinking - what a nightmare child - and I’d have to say, I agree - boy does my mum cop some shite from me. But, at the end of the day, she always bounces back....afterall, she’s had years of practice with dad..... don’t ever mention the cocoa gravy incident, or the "other" lasagne incident whereby dad was heard saying "well I’ll know what to expect when I go to f***ing Italy then won’t I?"Our household has always got some drama or other going on..... and now that I’m back at home, it’s all the more exciting! I love my parents, I really do, but sometimes, parents just cross the line!
THE OLDER YOU GET, THE LESS YOU EAT AT SIZZLER 2/6/2005 at 00:56
When I was a kid and we went to Sizzler, I would have sworn I could eat like 10 plates of food, and another 5 of desert....however.... tonight I went, and all I could manage was 1 (yes one) plate of food and 2 deserts....I also fitted in a cappacino, a cruiser and a half a cup of creamy soda..... but - my point is that I could not, and don’t think I ever will again, fit in 10 plates of food and 5 of deserts. And that my friends, is sad!! It goes into the category of doing the splits (intentionally) and being able to rollerskate, bicycle, and really, do anything that physical without fear and without whinging that you are getting old, or that my feet are tired.... you should hear me on the netball court....aiy!!
MAKE WAY....VIRGIN BLOGGER COMING THRU!! 2/4/2005 at 20:21
This being my first ever blog in the whole wide world, I wanted to say something significant and meaningful....But that went out the window the moment my parents decided to desert me in favour of sailing!!!! What the?Okay, so admidly, I’ve been busy doing my own thing for a couple of weeks, - okay, since I moved back in with them two months ago - but that doesn’t mean that they can just take off on the first weekend that I was prepared to spend with them (okay, so that is due to lack of other interesting offers! But - hello?) And it wasn’t bad enough already that they were going to leave first thing tomorrow morning, but they had to up the ante on my rejection issues and leave straight after dinner tonight! Hmmphhhh!! They even left me with the dishes....okay I offered to do the dishes, being the dutiful daughter I am!The point of this story? My parents deserted me, I have desertion issues!! I am bored, and lonely and I have resorted to the most tedious tasks to keep me occupied. And they’ve only been gone 20 minutes....I’m currently putting all of my CD’s onto my computer in order to make some kind of "Ideal Sleeping CD" And then I’ll probably use the alphabetical listing in Windows Media to alphabetise my entire CD Collection. And if I’m still bored and lonely after that, I have my DVD collection and my bookshelf to do......But, before you get too worried that I’m going to colour-code my undies drawer, know that I have brought some sappy-chick-flick-movies to watch this weekend. And that just adds to my already extensive collection of my three favourite movie genre’s - ROMANCE; ROMANTIC-COMEDY; DRAMA. Yup, slush central over here! You name it, I’d have it....or plan to get it. My saving grace would have to be the couple of action movies that made it purely for perve factor..... XXX - Vin Diesel (yes please);Phone Booth - Colin Farrell (please sir, can I have some more?)..... Anyway, back to being bored....there’s always the dishes to do!!
For those of you who are interested, I have included my previous blog in this entry, just so that you can catch up - this is almost the last year of my life:
I WAS THERE ONE AND A HALF MONTHS AGO 10/3/2005 at 08:30
Shit - they’ve done it again. Bali has once more been rocked by terrorist acts in the form of bombs. What is more scary this time is that the Nambour Rugby Club had their end of season camp in Bali - and were flown back immediately after the bombs went off... This time, there were people I know in Bali at the time, and even scarier, I was there this time two months ago. I had dinner at Jimbaran Bay - where two of the bombs were, and walked through the Kuta shopping district many a time.It is strange that even though last time I was affected emotionally by all of the news footage, and I felt so badly for all of the tourists over there, now that I’ve been there, I am really feeling for everyone involved, execpt for the bombers themselves. I feel for the Balinese especially, who were still, up until I was there, suffering from the effect of the original attacks. Tourism hadn’t made a come back after September 11, and then October 12 just shattered the tiny island. And to think that their main industry is tourism, they are really quite doomed. Yes, there are people on the TV saying that if they stay away, then the terrorists will win - but these people are not first time visitors, but regulars to the island, who have been there a few, or many times and have grown to love the people over anything else.It is hard to say that I would never travel to Bali again - it is scary to think of the risks. Bec and I thought that we were invincible, "they won’t bomb there again" and our family was more worried about drugs to be honest. After London, I don’t think that the world was prepared for such an immediate attack - but it came. We have once again seen the evil that lives among us, and the devistation it can cause. When the world is safer, I may venture out again, but there is a good chance that it won’t be to Bali.
NEWS FLASH FROM LEVEL 11 9/21/2005 at 08:24
Hey y’all!! Well, not long until I get my place - 30th September! And I’ve booked the moving trailer, etc - so now it’s a matter of packing up the last three boxes and my TV, etc and picking up the plethora of furniture goods from Lyndell’s and taking it all to my new home.I actually can’t wait to unpack all of the stuff that has been sitting in boxes around mum and dad’s for 2 years.... it’ll be interesting as to what I will find!Living with my sister has been fun! If not tiring... I was dead on my feet last night - falling asleep playing my phone games (in an attempt to keep awake) and then Bec came home and talked...and talked.... and talked!! I woke up this morning and had to clarify a couple of things that she’d said weren’t actually me dreaming!!But her little place is holding us and our stubborn Westbury temperaments well!! She worked late last night, so Sam came over and we make Taco’s - mmmmm they were yummy! A quick and healthy idea for when I’ve got my place all set up! And I think that I will have them tonight too as Bec is going out with her new man, Dave!!My office at work overlooks Main Avenue (I think - the road that drives straight onto the Story Bridge) and the river... We are directly across from the Pig and Whistle - and it is nice to have a window finally as opposed to a boxed in little room!! I do miss everyone from the pharmacy - but I think once my boss is back from holidays, next Tuesday, it won’t be so lonely here anymore. She rang us yesterday whilst she was sitting on Bondi Beach!!Anyway, it’s nearly time to start work now, so I will go, and leave you with this warning - there will be a housewarming party - everyone will be invited, and I will be advising you all of details as soon as I move!Bye for now!!
’TIS A BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY - BUT I LIKE IT 9/16/2005 at 17:00
Hey there all, I have a couple of minutes at the end of my day and thought I’d write something vaguely entertaining.....I was thinking when I was trying to think of a title what mood I was in - and it’s a bitter sweet feeling, the place I’m at now. Hence, I provide you all with the lyrics to The Verve’s Bitter Sweet SymponyCos’ it’s a bittersweet symphony this life...Trying to make ends meet , you’re a slave to the money then you die.I’ll take you down the only road I’ve ever been down...You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet , yeah.No change, I can’t change, I can’t change, I can’t change,but I’m here in my mold , I am here in my mold.But I’m a million different people from one day to the next...I can’t change my mold, no, no, no, no, no, no, noWell I never pray,But tonight I’m on my knees, yeah.I need to hear some sounds that recognise the pain in me, yeah.I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind , I feel free now.But the airwaves are clean and there’s nobody singing to me now. I am sad to be leaving Nambour, the pharmacy, and all of the friends here I see everyday.... but at the same time, I am so excited about the position that awaits me in Brisbane, and my new place, and, well - everything down there.I’m hoping to do a drive-by my new address this weekend, and I’ve paid the deposit, so it’s fairly binding now - but I am happy!! Just need to locate my local Supermarkets, etc!
WHEN WILL IT TURN TO DUST? 9/15/2005 at 15:07
Well, I have a job, I have a place to live, and I have some lovely furniture, courtesy of Lyndell! The last piece of the puzzle has dropped into place, and it is such a relief!! I pay a holding deposit on my unit tomorrow and then on the 30th September I get the keys, and hopefully, dad pending, on the 1st of October, I move! Here is my new place and if you are quick enough, then at that site, you will be able to view my new premises!! Otherwise, housewarming it is!!So, volunteers for moving?? He he!! I usually get dad to help, but he is too whiny, achy and painy (he has osteo arthritis). So, I’ll see what all my good mates with utes up here are up to!! And one or two of them are truck drivers, so they may be able to borrow something from work....hmmmm, we’ll see! Last case scenario is that I will hire a 3 tonne truck, dad can drive (cheaper insurance) and I’ll organise some lifting power for the Brisbane end! Anyway, so far, everything has gone smoothly, and hopefully, it will keep going in that direction. As one lady at work pointed out, it was meant to be!!
HELLO, MY NAME IS AMBER AND.... 9/14/2005 at 12:29
I’m in denial. I didn’t even start telling my coast friends that I was leaving until this week. That is so slack of me! I think I’m going through a similar transition that Josh and Jem are in that there are plenty of things to love and miss about the coast, and there are plenty of other things that I have missed about Brisbane since I moved back. Sam pointed out to me last night that I will miss not seeing Chelsea as much, and it is true, yet, something else that I’d been in denial about. You see, alot of my day is spent at work, and Chelsea is at work, so alot of my day is spent with Chelsea.... and even though we don’t work directly with each other, the hole left with not having Chelsea nearby will be impossible to fill!I will also miss mum and dad cleaning up after me, cooking for me, but also as company and a listening ear. All of my problems are vented to and with mum and dad. Nothing is sacred, and they have been so supportive of every decision I’ve made thus far, from moving to Brisbane by myself just before I turned 17 to not accepting the Navy position I was offered at 21 and bludging with them on the Coast, to now, once again, moving to Brisbane to explore new ventures, both work and personally.I am only 23 and this will be my third major upheaval in life. In the last 21 months on the coast, so much has changed in my life, and I have learnt so much. I am happier in myself than I’ve ever been, I’m proud of the direction my career is taking, I am confident in stepping out of the nest again, this time a little more prepared for what life may throw at me, I am looking forward to being closer to Sam, and to Bec, and my other friends in Brisbane and I’m looking forward to weekends being a little less rushed and being able to catch up with my coast friends a bit more too!!For the last 21 months, it is true, I have found myself. I am looking forward to a new challenge in my career, I am looking forward to making the most of my spare time and I am looking forward to making the most of life.I am still scared shitless that everything will fall around my ears again, but it is a challenge that I am willing to undertake for the sake of life experience. The fears I have will not hamper my decisions, but dare me to overcome them, and succeed.
HUNTING.... 9/8/2005 at 09:53
Job Hunting, House Hunting, Furniture Hunting - i may as well wear camo gear and be done with it.... I feel like I’ve been through the wars looking for a life in Brisbane. I have sorted out the job, I have sorted out thr furniture, thanks to a workmate, Lyndell who is moving to SA for love in November and has offered me a couch, coffee table, tv entertainment unit and washing machine for $500, whenever I want it!! Now for the home...I am looking for something fairly modern, at the very least with a modern kitchen and bathroom. I want a one or two bedroom place, and I want a car space. There have been heaps of great looking places come up on the net in my price range of up to $200 a week. Now I just need to go and view all of the places that I like...and finding time to do this is hard. But, like always, I’ll find a way! I’m hoping to pick up something in Coorparoo, Tarragindi, Annerley, or any of the suburbs that surround these places. I’ll let you know when the house warming will be!!Bye for now!
I THOUGHT IT WAS AN I POD... 9/5/2005 at 21:22
PROCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING STORY IS FAIRLY GRAPHIC, AND PEOPLE WITH WEAK STOMACHS SHOULD NOT READ THE FOLLOWING.Allow me to set the scene..... it was a day much like today... (it was today). Mum comes wandering into my room after my frantic-pointless yelling to dad about Deal or No Deal. I chat to her for a minute before she picks up a vibrator that I had very carelessly left on the table under the draws where my collection lives. This vibrator is the bullet kind.... a bright pink remote control with a lead to a little 3 cm chrome looking bullet sized vibrator.... I say to mum, "Mum, put that down, it’s a vibrator"... she says, get this "No it’s not" (like I don’t know my vibrators??!?!?!) anyway, I then get off my bed and take it off her and say "yes it is, it’s a small one" and she says (oh my gooooddddd) "How does that work?" to which I reply "It vibrates... what did you think it was?" and she replies "I just thought it was an ipod or something"HA HA HA HA HA - adults these day..... as gory and too much information style that story was, I couldn’t not share it..... it’s almost like a skit off of a comedy show - except my life!!
I GOT THE JOB!!!! 9/5/2005 at 15:07
Hello, my name is Amber, and I will be your Professional Development Cooordinator for the Taxation Institution of Australia! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! I got the job - I’m going to be rich and famous (well as rich and famous as I am now anyway) and I’m going to rule the world (or the square metre that I am standing in!!).I start on Tuesday 20th September and I get to fly to Sydney for a day to do induction and I am so bloody happy it’s not even funny!!Just to give you an idea - I applied for about 40 jobs..... and there were about 5 that I would have killed for - this job was one of them!!Celebrations will begin (read: I will now be slogging my ass off getting things in order to move both jobs and homes)....Anyone who knows of a spare room anywhere that I can move into - let me know!!!Bye for now - back to my job - only 10 more working days at the pharmacy until I leave!!
WAITING VERY PATIENTLY 9/5/2005 at 12:29
Hi there. I’m waiting for a phone call. A very important phone call. A phone call about a job that I have applied for. When will my phone call come? Early afternoon I was told. And it is now early afternoon. And I am waiting....Enough gibberish! I am at work, utilising the last 5 minutes before my lunch break typing this lovely blog so that you will no longer have to see the screen that tells you I’m a bum who hasn’t written!I’m not about to make a promise that I will blog more, because I don’t know that I will! And I’m not about to make excuses about why I haven’t blogged - I only have reasons, and they are: job hunting and potential house hunting! Anyway, on all of these notes, I will continue waiting patiently on my own time.....I will say one more thing, and that is: bestest of wishes to Chelsea, Kev and the rest of the familty, who today are saying goodbye to a dear grandma! My thoughts are with you, and I’m sure everyone elses are too.
POSITION VACANT 8/25/2005 at 15:59
Hello everybody!I’m back - from Bali - and from my extremely long blog drought!! I’m back at work also, and using all available opportunities, lunch, etc to look for jobs! I have been in touch with a really nice recruitment lady who seems to have nothing better to do than find me a job!!Luckily all of the jobs I’m looking at pay a minimum of 40K - so that means that it won’t be long until I can move to Brisbane! YAY!I don’t have much else to write about right at this moment, my life is pretty boring.... I have given up TV in favour of quality checking all of the DVD’s I got from Bali - about 160 movies all together!! So, that’s fun!Anyway, better get back to it! I want a reference from these guys afterall!!Hope everyone is safe and well!
I’M FEELING FRAGILE... 8/10/2005 at 22:18
We (my cousin Bryce and i) went out on the town last night - I’ve been suffering all day for it. I feel like all I’ve done all day is..... actually, no, that would be gross - please use your imagination at your own mental expense! Happy anniversary Kev and Chels, and Kel and Mat - hope yesteday was a brilliant occasion for all of you!Love you and miss you Sam! and Chels, I hope work isn’t to quiet for you!!If anyone has any requests for anything Bali-Duty Free, etc related, I have room in my suitcase and will take orders.... please have them in by Friday morning!! :)I’m going to have to go back to the hotel now as my stomach is turning over the first meal I’ve eaten since it all came out to meet me today!On that lovely note, I’m going to the Fila shop to get some sneakers!Love to everyone!
HMMMM, HOW DO I SAY THIS POLITELY?? 8/7/2005 at 16:28
My sister is giving me the absolute SHITS!! And I have 6 more nights to spend in the same room as her.... we had a semi-serious falling out today whereby I told her to go do her own thing today because quote "I can’t handle you today". So I went shopping, and proceeded to try on every item of clothing I’ve looked at - all of which didn’t fit....I got a cool nightie - it’s fairly hawian in print - black with white flowers on it - I thought it was pretty cool though!! And I got a book in Bali which has lots of pretty pictures in it!!We went out last night and partied on down!! I got drunk - it was fun! The bartenders at a place called Billy’s were telling us dirty australian jokes, some of which I’d never seen or heard before! Remind me to show you the holy water one!!I just went back to the hotel room then, and the cleaners were lounging around our room - possibly browsing our purchases - possibly watching some boxing match on the TV.... i dunno - but they hurried along once I was there!! That’s about it for now!! Hope everyone’s weekend has been good - mine has! We are going white water rafting tomorrow with Bryce, his wife, Fiona and a few others! I just hope Rebecca stops talking for at least half of the trip - she’s driving me nuts with her pretentious life plans talk - I’m on the verge of telling her to pull her head in....Oh well, I’ll take so much of the good with the bad.....So long!!Love you all!Amber
WATERBOM PARK! 8/6/2005 at 11:27
Hello, can’t be long as we are heading off to Waterbom park today - 14 or something waterslides!! It’s going to be fun - and I reackon that I’m going to get a bit burnt, as I haven’t spent that much time in direct sunlight so far - and am still pale!! But - here’s hoping that the ol’ 30+ comes in handy, and I don’t get too distracted with having fun that I forget to re-apply!!We went out for the best indian food last night - everything was fresh, the meat was tender, and they had tandoori pizza’s - there were 5 of us there, my aunt, uncle and a couple friend of theirs! Bec went to dinner with our cousin, Lara and 7 of her friends who came over to meet up with her on her way back from India, etc. It was actually nice not having to listen to bec ramble on and on and on.... she can get very tiring sometimes - and now is one of them. I think I will try and spend some time away from her (I think I’ve said this before) to try and cope for another 7 days.... she always thinks I’m angry, etc - when I’m not, which then makes me angry - oh sisters!!Anyway, must run, there are slide wedgies to be had and sunburn to be fought off!!love to everyone, specially Sam!Hope the world is being kind!!Amber
HEY! 8/4/2005 at 14:38
Hi everyone!Still in Bali - still shopping and enjoying the food!Today we finally went to get massages - very relaxing! I brought some headbands, yet another present for Sam and a necklace for me on the way back to the main street to catch a cab!Got some very nice shoes yesterday, and also splurged on a polo suitcase - 300,000 and 86 DVD’s... Looked at alot of shops from Legian to Seminyak too! We went to a French restaurant last night - had a three course meal for 100,000 ($14-15). Tonight we are going to a seafood restaurant on a bay to watch the sun set and proceed to fill ourselves up on food! I’m going to get FAT! Aye!Becca finally spent some money yesterday - on two Louis V Bags - she doesn’t seem to comprehend the bartering process and keeps wanting the shop-keepers to go down until she is happy - they won’t because they want to know how much she’ll spend, etc, etc!I don’t know what else to write about - I have a comprehensive diary of events that I’ve been writing in everyday - and use all my creative flair on that! We have 10 days left and I am having withdrawals from Australia and Sam! To be expected!Spending time with our Cousin Brice (Bryce??) has been funny! He reminds me of my dad when he gets drunk! This is the cousin that we only just met last year - and is 28 or 29....Well, I’m off to laze by the pool with Bec and Lara and prepare myself for the seafood feast tonight!Hope everyone is very well, and that the weather is getting better for my return!Hope Hamilton was good Laura!
WELL, I’M IN BALI ON THE SLOWEST COMPUTER IN THE 3RD WORLD!! 8/2/2005 at 11:42
Hello all!! Well I’m here in Bali, and checking in...To be honest, it’s not as good as I’d thought it’d be - not that I would have traded the experience, but - I \wouldn’t come here again!! Our hotel is nice, and breakfast is nice every morning! I’ve had my hair plaited and extended - and, it looks really good! My head still hurts a bit - they really aren’t going to come out anytime soon Bec said! I’ve brought a Gucci bag, and some presents for Sam, and one pair of shoes! We are going to have an hour and a half massage later today - which will cost $20!!We went to Paddys’ Bar last night - had a drunken ball with our cousin who has been trekking through Nepal and india the last 6 months!! There were a couple of "scenes" and bec and I sobered up quick smart to be the lovely people/cousins that we are - taking Lara back to tuck her into bed!!Overall, the ood has been lovely, our other cousin, Brice came down with a little case of poo-poo’s - and my supply of Gastro-stop came in very handy!I am missing everyone already - but it is nice to be here with some family, specially Bec - who shares most of the same views as me about this holiday so far!! We’ve decided that this week we’ll shop, etc and next week will be about relaxing by the pool!!Sorry is this is a little bit dis-jointed, it is nice to have contact of some kind with "the outside world" as Bec put it!!I miss you Sam - love you lots, we’ll catch each other soon - can’t wait to hear your voice!!Missing Chels, and mum and dad too!! P.S. My gucci bag cost me 90,000 - which is about $12!! I love shopping!Love you all from Bali!Amber
TOMORROW WILL BE BUSY, I’M BLOGGING TODAY!! 7/28/2005 at 14:03
Well hello there folks!!I’m getting extremely excited now, with only 3 sleeps until I’m off to Bali!I’m writing my blog today just incase I’m too busy to do it tomorrow onwards!!Nothing entirely exciting has been happening lately, just my normal, work, sleep, eat, netball, talk on the phone to Sam!Tonight I have all of my last minute preparation to get out of the way, and then it’ll be off to Brisbane for 2 nights to catch up with Sam before I depart at 10am on Sunday! A little buzz has begun in my tummy (could be the Marshmellow/Malteser sugar overload from lunch) and I’m sure by Sunday, it will have developed to a fully fledged whole body buzz that will make me feel sick... I know I won’t be able to handle food that well on Sunday, and sitting at the airport for a couple of hours is going to be hell - thank goodness for duty free shopping! yipee!!Anyways, if I don’t blog, speak to or see you before I head off - have a lovely couple of weeks without my incessant rubbing-it-in and I will be having a "slide show" when I’m back!! Possibly to shot away the duty free booze!!I’m not sure how communicative I’ll be whilst in Bali - but in between daily massages, shopping, eating, sleeping, boozing it up with my sis and cuz, shopping, sight seeing, swimming, shopping, massages and eating, I’ll try and track down some kind of internet cafe, or phone, or post office and email or blog/ call or send a postcard back!!If by chance, something (anything) goes wrong - make sure this blog is turned into an award winning best seller - "From the girl who........... (fill in the gaps according to the correct reason for my absence, etc)". By for now - I’ll think of you all whilst sun bathing!!
MY DREAM 7/27/2005 at 10:36
I was in Bali, and admiring a volcano from a distance, when it erupted.... not wanting this very clearly symbolic dream to go unrecognised - I googled it!!Here is the very good dream dictionary site - and here is the interpretation for my volcano dream:-Dream symbol: volcanovolcano, volcanos, volcanicInterpretation:Long-term anger or emotional suppression that is finally being expressed. Purging your body of the things that no longer serve it. A volatile situationRelated symbols: erupt, lavaDream symbol: erupterupt, erupts, erupting, erupted, eruptionInterpretation:Something that requires urgent attention. Something that is potentially explosive. Volatility. Long-term, suppressed anger being releasedSee also: anger, explode, volcano Dream symbol: lavalavaInterpretation:Releasing long-term unexpressed or suppressed anger. A homonym for larvaSee also: larva, volcanoDream symbol: larvalarva, larvae, larvalInterpretation:A precursor to an inner metamorphosis or rebirth. A homonym for lavaSee also: insect, lavaSo there you are - and I think it is fairly close to what I would have been thinking about when I was falling asleep!
ON THE HOME STRETCH!! 7/21/2005 at 14:02
Hey there everyone!! I have had a great 24 hours! There are only 10 sleeps until I leave for Bali - and I’m excited Big Kev!!I was talking to my little sister last night, and we were getting all excited about the flight, and the stay, and surprising our cousin, and, well everything else that I’ve been boring you with over the past couple of months!!I am really hanging out for Monday, when Sam will be back, safe and sound, ready for our nightly talks!! I’ve had Harry to keep me company this week, so it hasn’t really been that lonely! And hearing from Sam yesterday gave me the strength I need to carry on (sarcasm to a degree)!! Monday, here we come!!Overall, a good week, a bit emotional, but that was "women’s problem’s" - so I only have myself to blame! Ofcourse, it made the week without Sam bloody drag on - but now is the final countdown to take-off next Sunday! I’m going to burst!!
OH HOW PISSED OFF I AM 7/20/2005 at 08:53
For those of your who already read the blog that was here, ignore my emotional ways!! For those of you who didn’t - you weren’t missing anything!!Due to our email being fucked up at work, I thought I hadn’t heard from Sam AT ALL!! But, low and behold, two messages just popped into my inbox full of all the things that I wanted to hear!! Fucked up email!I got my camera last night - it is pretty!! If I could take a picture of it, and post it, I would, but I can’t!! Maybe Chels can bring her camera in..... nah, just look up Nikon 4600!! Ahhhh new toys!!Hope you’re feeling better tomorrow Chelsea!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!! 7/19/2005 at 15:10
Yay, I remembered!! Happy Birthday - I hope all your birthday wishes come true!!
It’s been a while since Chels told me how to do the center and bold thingamy’s - looks like I was just waiting for a special occasion to use it!! Ahhhhh talented in so many ways is amber!I began HP last night - I’ve just finished the 3rd chapter! It is filling to nights where a phone call normally would, and my dreams weren’t weird last night!! I’m looking forward to snuggling down with it again tonight!!I’m getting the camera I want tonight - I’m going to JB to collect my $20 deposit and then to WOW to get the camera for $30 more!! Should have gone to WOW in the first place! Would have saved me $1 in petrol :)So, now I’ll be back in digicam world, and you will see my asian tendancies like never before!! I think I will need to start a flickr account to showcase my amazing talents! HA!!Only 12 sleeps to go!! I have transferred all of my savings to my spending account in preparation for my camera purchase and then my holiday! Bec is yet to transfer her money for the tickets, minus accomodation and travel insurance, so that’ll give me another little bit of cash, and then I’ve stopped all transfers out of my account until I go back to work in late august!! Ooooo - can you tell that I’m getting all excited?? I’m going to save the rest of my lonely planet guide for the plane over!Have you noticed that I have made an effort not to mention the B or S words?? I’m giving you all a rest!
13 SLEEPS TO GO 7/18/2005 at 16:17
Well, the upside is that with a certain person being out of the country, I have my mind distracted from Bali! And with all the catch-up that we’ll have to do in the week leading up to Bali, I think that it’ll be Sunday the 31st in no time!Everytime I think about how close it is, I get a little thrill up my spine! This is just the beginning of my travels! I mostly want to see Europe - specially since seeing Art and Jude’s pictures from Italy (??). It all looked so romantic! And I’d like to go stay on a ranch in Wyoming, US - just to fulfill all of those Mills and Boon fantasies I’ve had over time! I’m sure Sam’d dress up in chaps for me!! HEHE!!On another, dissapointing note, the camera that I’m after isn’t in stock, and won’t be available for maybe 1 and a half to two weeks - when I leave!! BUGGER!Happy Birthday to Kev for tomorrow - I will probably forget, even if he walked in to pick Chels up with a birthday badge and hat on.... so I’m covering my butt now!!
THE UPS AND DOWNS OF HOLIDAYS! 7/17/2005 at 12:08
Well, as we all know, Sam has left for NZ - 3 sleeps down, 8 to go until I can speak on the phone to him (unless he calls before then - he’d better or else!! HEHE!!). Anyway, I won’t bore you all with exact details of how much I miss him (warning - upon reading back through this blog, I have expanded on this somewhat), but needless to say really, that I am feeling his absence from the country enormously - at least if he was here in Australia, I could still speak to him!! Before he left I asked him where we were going on holidays next year, because there was no way we are doing to seperate holiday thing again - and I think we’ve decided on Europe :) A while away yet, but something to aim for in the savings mecca!! I’m actually in quite high spirits, I just feel like there is a part of me missing - sad I know, but it’s the only way I can describe it. I’m not moping, I just really miss talking to Sam. And no one else can match the feeling. Infact, everyone who has phoned the home phone when I’ve answered have been told that I wish they’d been Sam (my grannie included).... And Bec even tried to "be" Sam - quite funny really she just deepend her voice and went "It’s Sam here"... and Kelly said that she’d phone and do the same - I told her it wasn’t necessary - no one can be my Sam.Last night I had a bit of a catch up with some mates I haven’t seen for a while, Carly and Sophie, and Kelly!! It was a really good night, lots of girly chat - I got to talk about Sam lots!! (what’s new I hear Chelsea screaming), dinner at Toscani’s and then The Wedding Date at the movies - a Romantic Comedy that made me all sad again about not having a snuggle partner for these next two weekends! I can see now that I won’t be getting too drunk in Bali, because I’ll be spending all my holiday money on calls to Australia...Won our grand final on Friday night - Kelly came to watch, and she was my only supporter because my dad didn’t want to come and my mum was at Gym, and Sam’s OS - but it was a close game and, as always, I played the best game of the season - the shin splints always abait for the finals!! Now this week coming I have my Nambour semi - and next week, the finals!! (The week after is Bali time)I’m sitting here, home alone, just having finished a tacky romance novel. My grandparents are coming to visit this afternoon for a BBQ - so that will be nice!! I love my grannie!! Hopefully they’ll take my mind of the ever-constant reminder that Sam’s not here.... for a minute at least?? But if it doesn’t - I’ll just use the extra time on my hands to catch up on my reading, plan more of my holiday and send constant emails to him, hoping that in the middle of all of his fun, he might read it and miss me too!!Next weekend I’m hoping to have another dinner/movies night - I couldn’t stand the thought of going out clubbing or something, seeing everyone getting a pash, etc.... So, everyone’s invited!! And it would be really good if we could see a horror, thriller, sci-fi - anything that doesn’t include romance, intimacy, kissing, sex, dating, cuddling, making googly eyes at each other, smiling, laughing, talking on the phone.... okay, anyone up for bowling??? :)
IT’S A FAD I TELL YA!! 7/14/2005 at 08:32
Googlism for: amber - TOO MANY!! So if you really are interested, then do one for me! Lots of references to fossils, etc!! There were a few german ones and a few porn references also :-O Anyway, I’m off to work now after reading through some of my googlisms!! Refer to Jem’s page for a link!17 sleeps to Bali and Sam is off to NZ at 6:40pm tonight!! We got into the finals on Friday at Maroochydore, so anyone who wants to come watch, is once again invited! Teenage to Midde age women bouncing around the court in netball skirts anyone???
CHECKING IN! 7/13/2005 at 14:01
Why howdy there folks, how are y’all? It’s a mighty fine day here in ol’ Nambour town where the sun is shining brightly and the townsfolk are going ’bout their bus’ness.Only 18 sleeps till I go to Bali! Oh yeah, I’m going to bali!! And only 1 sleep till Sam departs for the land of the long white cloud!It’s been a busy couple of weeks and I am currently camera hunting with a vengence!! I am seeking a Nikon coolpix 4600 and the cheapest price I’ve found is $328 at JB - although this may not be accurate and they now refuse to give me a quote over the phone - WHATEVER!! I have decided not to deal with Camera House Nambour as they seem to be rip-off merchants! However, I will give them a chance to met JB’s price, and if not - I will be looooong gone!My grandparents arrive here from Victoria yesterday, and we caught up with them last night.... I "taped" the OC and low and behold - it didn’t work - gosh-darn-it!! So if anyone happened to tape it, can I please borrow the tape???? PPPPLLLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEEE? I’ll bring you back a treat from Bali!I have also had contact with a recruitment agency who want to talk to me about my resume and job opportunities that they may have. I have decided that if I am offered the job of a life-time (which I am seeking at my leisure), then I will pack up and move to Brisbane again. But I won’t be going down there for less than 40K. Ambitous or stupid? I think I’m smart! :) I would!! Anyway, I rang me ol’ mate Marie back and left a message and I am yet to hear back from her... I might email her, just to show I’m keen (read: desperate)...I had a semi for netty on Monday night, and we lost - so now we’re playing again tonight - and if we loose YAY, but if we win, then we have to play the team we lost against on monday this friday! We’ll see and I’ll keep y’all updated!!Anyway, my pleb (read: hardworking receptionist) has just brought some archive boxes into me that I need to fill with important documents, so I’ll trot off now and do some legit work-a-roonie!!Signing off!
IT’S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS!! 7/7/2005 at 09:05
I have a confession to make.... I don’t know the exact anniversary that Sam and I became "official". I know that we first spoke on the 30th December and we first met on the 31st of December. And after that we started spending every weekend together - starting with a Friday six months ago this week when I first made the trip down to Brisbane! But as for a date to celebrate - I think it will just have to be New Years - it’s easy to remember, it’ll always involve a party anyway, and hey - I’ll always have the memories no matter what!!One of the sweetest things that Sam has done (and there are many - in his own special way he has always been very thoughtful, sweet and romantic) was give me a present, carefully selected whilst he was in NSW seeing Ben. He brought me back the tiniest, most perfect shell from the Home and Away beach. I almost cried it was so sweet! To this day, it still sits in pride of place on my bedside table!I can always look back on any single memory of Sam over the past six months and smile! Infact, my office walls have been liberally plastered with photo’s of Sam and I, so I won’t be lonely through the week and I always have a silly grin on my face when I remember the moment that the photo was taken!! (I also have pic’s of my sis, chels and some of the girls, but mostly Sam)On this, my little ode-style-blog to Sam, I just want to thank Chelsea for thinking that we’d make such a good pair; thank Sam’s dad for getting him a modem, which enabled the hook-up with Kev and Co, and hence, Chelsea, and me, etc; and most of all, thank you Sam for all of the absolute and complete joy and happiness that you have brought to my life in the past six months. Without you in my life, it would have been dull and meaningless and I am so glad that I have met you! I love you more than life itself! Thank you for loving me and for giving me all of the happiness that a girl could wish for!
BOG HUMOUR!! 7/6/2005 at 14:19
Okay, the song got in my head, and a google search and some cut and pasting later, here are the many different verses of "THE DIARRHEA SONG"!! Imodium anybody!! Feel free to add any verses you feel I may not have found!!When you’re sliding into first, and you feel something burst, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re sliding into second, and you feel something beckon, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re sliding into third, and you feel a little turd, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re sliding into home, and you feel a burst of foam, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re rolling’ like a tire, cuz your insides are on fire, diarrhea, diarrhea When the feeling’s not that nice, and you have to flush it twice, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re on the seat for hours, and it doesn’t smell like flowers, diarrhea, diarrhea When your stomach starts a rollin’, and you’re cleaning out your colon, diarrhea, diarrhea You think you’re feeling better, but you keep on getting wetter, diarrhea, diarrhea If you think your friends are jokin’, but your pants are brown and soakin’, diarrhea, diarrhea You smell just like a hog, as you make some liquid log, diarrhea, diarrhea You don’t feel like a winner, when your butt blows out your dinner, diarrhea, diarrhea You really want to shout, as it keeps on dripping out, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re sitting on the pot, cuz it’s coming out a lot, diarrhea, diarrhea It’s sounds just like a horn, as your butt pops out some corn, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re there in the huddle, and you’re standing in a puddle, diarrhea, diarrhea You just made a tackle, and it splattered out like spackle, diarrhea, diarrheaYou’re going out for a pass, and it blows right out your ass, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen you’re shopping at the store, and it’s dripping on the floor, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re acting like a fool, and your pants fill up with stool, diarrhea, diarrheaYou really want to play, but your butt begins to spray, diarrhea, diarrheaYou know you’re having trouble, when your butt begins to bubble, diarrhea, diarrhea That’s the way it goes, when your butt thinks it’s a hose, diarrhea, diarrhea If you’re feeling kinda funky, cuz your butt is kinda skunky, diarrhea, diarrhea If you think you hear it raining, perhaps your butt is draining, diarrhea, diarrhea If you’re swimming in a pool, and you leave a trail of stool, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re running really fast, cuz it’s squirting out your ass, diarrhea, diarrhea If your butt’s about to spew, and there’s nothing you can do, diarrhea, diarrhea Your stomach’s feeling wavy, while your butt is making gravy, diarrhea, diarrhea You feel you need to scream, cuz your butt spews out a cream, diarrhea, diarrhea Your fun begins to fizzle, cuz you feel it start to drizzle, diarrhea, diarrhea You think you’re gonna fart, but you blow your pants apart, diarrhea, diarrheaIt’s The Last Thing On Your Mind, And It Comes Out Your Behind, diarrhea, diarrhea Though quite against your urging, fecal goo begins surging, diarrhea, diarrhea When your eating swiss cheese, and you fill your pants with ease, diarrhea, diarrhea If your climbing up a mountain, and your butt is a fountain, diarrhea, diarrhea Your toilet needs are dire, and your butt hole is on fire, diarrhea, diarrhea When your sliding out of bed, and you feel something spread, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re about to depart, and you feel a juicy fart, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re eating french fries, and the plant beside you dies, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re walking in the snow, and you feel something flow, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re feeling kind of grumpy, and you feel a little lumpy, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re playing with a monkey, and you feel something chunky, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re having a nice dream, and you blow that anal steam, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re eating frosted flakes, and you bubbling rectum quakes, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re fighting in the navy, and you feel that anal gravy, diarrhea, diarrhea A skip and a hop, and then you feel a little plop, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re peeing out your ass, what looks like pureed grass, diarrhea, diarrhea When the toilet’s gettin’ full, ’cause you’re crappin’ like a bull, diarrhea, diarrhea When you think you’re gonna bomb it, but your butt begins to vomit, diarrhea, diarrhea Make a courtesy flush, if your toilet’s full of slush, diarrhea, diarrhea Don’t miss the porcelain chasm, when your ass begins to spasm, diarrhea, diarrhea You had a burrito with gaucamole, now you’ve birthed something unholy, diarrhea, diarrhea You wanna drop a deuce, but instead it’s chocolate mousse, diarrhea, diarrhea When you feel like going roaming, but your ass starts foaming, diarrhea, diarrhea When you are laying on your towel, And you smell something fowl, diarrhea, diarrhea When you are sitting on the potty, And you smell a little rotty, diarrhea, diarrhea Some Doctors like to treat it, some Nurses like to eat it, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’ve got pain in your belly, And you make some liquid smelly, diarrhea, diarrhea When your laying on your bed, and it smells like something’s dead, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re blowing out your grommet, and the smell makes you vomit, diarrhea, diarrhea When your red in the face, splatter shit with careful grace, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re eatin’ some Chinese, And your ass begins to sneeze, diarrhea, diarrhea When you feel a li’l loopy, and your ass starts feeling soupy, diarrhea, diarrhea When your car is goin’ fast, and the blow-out’s from your ass, diarrhea, diarrhea When your butt is in air, and it’s squirting everywhere, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re at the school dance, and there’s squishy in your pants, diarrhea, diarrhea When you see it in the gutter, And it looks like peanut butter, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re running from police, and you feel that anal grease, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re eatin’ cottage cheese, and it’s stickin’ to your knees, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen you take a sip of beer, and it squirts right out your rear, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re feeling like crud, when you feel that hot butt mud, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re in the middle of a shower, and you feel that anal power, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re cutting up your bread, and you feel that poopoo spread, diarrhea, diarrhea You drank too much last night, now your ass is taking flight, diarrhea, diarrheaYou think that you can flush, then you feel another rush, diarrhea, diarrheaYou’re drinking gin & tonics, and you’re gettin’ high colonics, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen you’re pulled over by the cops, and your anal muscle pops, diarrhea, diarrhea Your undies are a stainin’, ’cause your sphincter is a drainin’, diarrhea, diarrhea When you try to pass some gas, but instead you wet your ass, diarrhea, diarrheaIt looks like dirty butter, when it’s running down the gutter, diarrhea, diarrhea When your pickin’ out your thong, and you’re feelin’ sumthin’ wrong, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re biking down the street, and it splatters on your feet, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re dancin’ like a fool, and you make a big brown pool, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen your sitting on the pot, and your ass begins to rot, diarrhea, diarrhea When your sitting on a bench, and you smell a funky stench, diarrhea, diarrhea When your running down the track, and it oozes down your crack, diarrhea, diarrhea When your butt feels really funny, and it comes out brown and runny, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re riding in the car, and bathroom’s really far, diarrhea, diarrhea What you thought was just a fart, made your pants a work of art, diarrhea, diarrhea I was sitting in a tree, and it trickled down my knee, diarrhea, diarrheaYou try to hold your breath, as you’re leaking liquid death, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re running in a race, and something splatters in your face, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen you’re sitting on the bowl, and stuff is dripping from your hole, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re standing in the rain, and you’re screaming out in pain, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re feeling kinda sick, and you need a toilet quick, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re driving down the road, and you gotta drop a load, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re driving in your chevy, and you feel something heavy, diarrhea, diarrhea Some people think it’s funny, but it’s really hot and runny, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re climbing up the ladder, and you hear something splatter, diarrhea, diarrhea When you wake up in the morning, and your pants are overflowing, diarrhea, diarrhea When your doing hula hoop, and you squirt a squishy poop, diarrhea, diarrhea You try to squeeze your cheeks, and out your butt it leaks, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re eating tasty nachos, and your pants become gazpacho, diarrhea, diarrhea Some people think it’s gross, but it’s really good on toast, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re playing "pull my finger", And your butt lets out a zinger, diarrhea, diarrhea When most of what you excrete, Hits the bottom of the seat, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re dinner party’s spoiled, ’Cause your pants just got soiled, diarrhea, diarrhea When you think it’s solid poop, But it feels like Chunky® Soup, diarrhea, diarrhea You know it’s going to hurt, with each painful, burning squirt, diarrhea, diarrhea When you spread apart your tushy, and it comes out brown and mushy, diarrhea, diarrhea When you feel the tide a mountin’, then it’s gushing like a fountain, diarrhea, diarrhea When your pants smell like shit, and you don’t think you can sit, diarrhea, diarrhea You just start your flirting, and your ass starts a squirting, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen your going down the slide, and You feel something glide, diarrhea, diarrheaWhen all you’ve done is fastin’, And your ass is still a blastin’, diarrhea, diarrhea When your surfin’ on the ’net, And your chair gets hot and wet, diarrhea, diarrhea You make a nasty frown, As your jeans are turnin’ brown, diarrhea, diarrhea Just relaxin’ in the pool, Then your butt begins to drool, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re sitting in your class, and it’s blowing out your ass, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re eating toaster strudels, and it’s squirting out like noodles, diarrhea, diarrhea You think it’s just a poop, but it comes out like soup, diarrhea, diarrhea When you’re riding on the tram, and your butt begins to jam, diarrhea, diarrhea You’re playing with your pet, and your butt is moist and wet, diarrhea, diarrhea When you eat at pizza hut, and your ass just won’t stay shut, diarrhea, diarrhea It hits you in a flash, and you make a gooey splash, diarrhea, diarrhea
BALI MADNESS!! 7/5/2005 at 13:52
Only 26 sleeps till Bali!! Yeah, yeah, yeah!!And 9 sleeps till Sam leaves for NZ, *sheds a lone tear*!Well, it’s officially started, I have gone Lonely Planet/Bali mad!! I normally turn into the destination nazi much sooner than 26 sleeps away, but as with the rest of the year, the last month or two has bloody flown!! So, on Sunday, I stepped out alone and purchased myself a copy of the Lonely Planet Bali & Lombok book and the Indionesian Phrasebook and Dictionary (available at a good bookshop near you!!). I then drove to the park and sat on the playground equipment and read the first 30 or so pages, which was all of the intro bits and pieces! It got cold, and Sam rang wondering where I was, so I left and went back to the superhornet’s nest (hahahah I am sooooo funny) and proceeded to sit with a bored look on my face until Sam and I started dinner and had a nap (not necessarily in that order). But back to the Bali Madness, I think that I have a disease (and if I don’t, then I may have one when I come back from Bali because my Doctor didn’t give me any vaccinations apart from a tetnus booster, and that’s not in yet!!!)!!I have sat in the lunchroom these past two days, and read my Lonely Planet book, inbetween catching up on Big Brother goss and generally being a stickybeak gossiper!! I also share little interesting tit-bits about Bali with my collegues, and I think they are starting to wish that I would pack the extra 4kgs just so they won’t have to hear about the trip when I get back!!I also packed a "practice" bag last night with all of the things I think I’ll be taking! It fitted everything in, including 4 pairs of shoes!! YAY!! Becca was telling me that one of her clients came in and was telling her how she took $1000 and only spent $400 and couldn’t find anything else to spend her money on!! Looking good for not being stone broke when I get back!! Also, another of Becca’s clients was telling her how she brought 10 (YES TEN) pairs of shoes for about $10AU each!! Oooooolalalalalala!!So, as a commitment to my "buying" trip to Bali, I am going to start listing all of the things that I see and want in shops here, and get them for a tenth of the price over there!!Any requests?? I’m pretty sure that I’ll be able to bring back presents for everyone in australia at about 1cent each! (actually that would cost about $200K, maybe just in southeast qld??) Annnnnyyyyyways my darlings, I must really be doing some work here, or else I might bore you to death, and your workmates, or respective partners will have to peel your chilled corpse off the computer!! And then you may as well call my blog The Ring!! I crack-a-doodle my self up sometimes!!
HELP - MY SANITY HAS LEFT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME 7/3/2005 at 13:10
Well, I am sitting at Sam’s trying to work myself up to go to Garden City by myself! I need to get an indionesian phrase book or something because I had another dream about Bali and I couldn’t speak their language - and it was hard! However, I think that most of the little asian people learn english so that they can swindle us out of extra monies!! I’m trying to also get myself motivated to pack a "practice bag to go - just to see if I can fit an extra 4kgs in the bag (bad taste joke!!).... No seriously, I am preventing family worry by taking carry on luggage only over, I plan on buying the cocaine lined bags over there to bring back!! And I won’t be satisfied until I have a full 20kgs of luggage to bring back (the maximum)... You see my plan is that I will buy the biggest possible suitcase and when I buy clothes, I will wear them, then pack them to go home! PLAN!! YAY!!I am so bored - I want to go to Garden City, but I am scared that I will get lost and never find my car - normally I go with Sam, and he knows he’s way around!!The end - they haven’t stopped speaking about computers and other "interesting" topics for a long time! I’m going shopping to see if I can find my centre!!
AH AH AH AHCOOOOO!! 6/22/2005 at 13:35
Yes, it’s the dreaded season of sickness... although it feels as if my whole year has been plagued with it... I’ve had 3 colds so far! Hmph! Anyway, I’ve hit the cold and flu med’s for the second time ever - I can’t even remember how long ago the other time was, but it must have been given to me because I normally suffer through it!! Anyway, I’m actually feeling a bit better, my nose really hasn’t cleared that much, but my theory (and subsequent practice) that if I blow it as much as possible, my nose might just fall of is proving to be difficult to prove... what the....?Anyhoo!! I was off sick from work for the first time ever yesterday, well, first time from this job - the other jobs I’ve only ever really has stress days - and pretended to be sick!!I had to have a blood and urine tests - all in the name of "general" healthyness... I mentioned that I was going to Bali and have another appointment tomorrow after work to follow up my illness, and I assume get some shots or something!! YAY! NOT!!Anyway, I should head back to work now as my lunch break is nearly over - I think - I didn’t look at the clock when i came in!!
IT’S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN 6/16/2005 at 08:26
Only 8 1/2 more hours until work is done!Only 12 more hours until I see Sam!!Only 1 Sleep until we go to Seaworld!Only 27 Sleeps until Sam and Steve go to NZ!Only 45 Sleeps until Bec and I go to Bali!Only 17 and a half weeks until Mum and Dad’s wedding anniversary! (25 years)Only 6 and a bit months till Christmas!Only 9 and a bit months till my Birthday!Enough of that! So yesterday morning, I was a bit (read - extremely) surprised that my parents weren’t up when I got up (this is a rarity, as in it never happens!!!!). I found out that it was because my mum was going to Brisbane to her specialist to have her six monthly check up with regards to Cancer. You see, my mum has had a couple different types of Cancer in her life. The only ones I remember were a melanoma when I was about 7 or 8 and more recently, cancerous cysts on her ovaries about 4 or 5 years ago. She has come through both of these incidents clear so far, but is considered high risk as far as the long term goes.You may be thinking, I never knew this, etc... well it’s quite simple as to why I don’t talk about it really - because mum doesn’t actually tell us about what is going on.... as it was yesterday was the first I knew of this appointment, and I found out at 7am that morning.And a few years ago when she had the cysts removed, my sister overheard mum telling our Granny that the cancer she had has a high chance of being inherited... YET SHE NEVER TOLD US! This actually really got me - my sister and I are both healthy young women, and prevention is a cure - yet, mum was never really prepared to sit down with us, explain what was going on with her, and then discuss the importance of regualr check-ups, etc. We didn’t know she was on Chemo medication until we once again overheard a discussion... I mean I’ve heard of motherly protection, but this is just motherly stupidness!Sorry about venting, but as I typed this blog, I only just realised how much this whole thing has really pissed me off! Mum wouldn’t even talk about what tests, etc she was getting done yesterday. And the fact that I live with her and didn’t even find out she had an appointment until the day of is just ridiculous - the three of us sit down to dinner together every weeknight afterall, and the number of dinnertable conversations we’ve had vary widely, and wouldn’t exclude my mothers medication conditions... Come to think of it, at no time in my life would I have rejected the idea of sitting down and learning about what could potentially kill me...Anyway, on the bright side, have a fantastic weekend - I know I will!!
UM.... 6/10/2005 at 08:29
I’m just typing because I feel like it... I have 6 minutes until work officially starts and already I’m in a blah mood today. My mood is not in any way helped by the shitty rainy weather. I am already not looking forward to making yet another soggy journey to Brisbane. I just hate the roads when it’s rainy because NO ONE knows how to drive. And they all forget to give extra braking time, and, well, I’m sure you all know the way it goes! So drive safely!Went over to our next door neighbours last night to see them (and their baby). His name is Caden Jaymie - and he is a looker already! I can’t wait till he starts to grow some more!I had a visitor in the pharmacy yesterday, it was one of my sisters old boyfriends from school. And I didn’t quite remember him... I told her all about him though, and now she doesn’t know who he is too!! He said he went out with her... HA - how funny, claiming it 6-10 years later!!I also went to Qld Transport to get my rego plates replaced! I am now going to have one slimline one and one standard! I was quite excited, I have a good numberplate already, so the slimline on the front will make it look personalised, but $370 cheaper!! Yip-yipee!!Must go, only 1 minute to psyche myself up for work!!Bya!EDIT: I feel like complete shit actually - I just started to work and I’m on the verge of tears for NO REASON AT ALL!!!! What is happening to me? And I don’t feel 100% in the tummy and I just know that any minute is going to end up in a headache. (Just having a whinge)
PUBLIC SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT 6/7/2005 at 09:13
The colour has changed!! And instead of looking like my lopsided picture when you read my blog, you are going to be able to look at things directly without green splotches in your eyes!! Yipeeeeee!!I will be finding a replacement picture in the soonest future time slot possible!!Bye for now!
HELLO YOU THERE - NO, NOT YOU, THE GUY BEHIND YOU! 6/6/2005 at 15:17
Hello hello! How is everyone!! Another day, another work sponsored blog!! It has been an interesting day... my co-worker up in the admin area, Lyndell came back today! YAY! She found love whilst on her holiday in SA! She was trying to explain how she didn’t have words to say how she fell in love so instantly and that the attraction was just there, etc. And I kept on saying "tell me about it!!". It is really good that she has found herself someone to love, she is a really nice person, and quite pretty aswell! But, like me (until this year) she just hadn’t found Mr Perfect, which, let’s face it, we’re all looking for. (By Mr Perfect, I mean, Mr Perfect for Me, or You, not by Cleo or Cosmo’s standards.)If you read Sam’s blog, you will get the gist of what we have been up to all weekend! And if you haven’t, then, you should now, because I’m not going into it! :)I have begun another scrapbook, this one is for Mum and Dad’s 25th Wedding Anniversary. So I am going to make a really good attempt at getting this one a bit more professional looking. Just going through all of their wedding photo’s, etc was enough to get me teary. I can’t wait to make a start on it - it’s going to be something for my kids, and their kids to keep!! I have been sourcing Scrapbooking materials from Big W, and King Kongs, and the newsagency, but I think one of these lunch breaks I will go to the scrapbooking shop in Nambour for a squiz!! And may even venture to Kmart, and Target, etc!I have started a new book, Around the World in 80 dates! An inspiration and a laugh to all singleton’s out there!! And a laugh still if you’re attached like me!!I need need need to learn Indonesian and how to use Photoshop ASAP!! I tried to learn photoshop from the "help" section, and almost begged Sam, but to no avail!! I am still photoshop unready!! HELP! I don’t even need to do anything funky - I just want to play with some of the picarooni’s I’ll be using for the scrapbook!On other news, I was cleaning my room out last night after Sam left when I came across my letterbox (a hat box filled with penpal letters and those from mates at school). I started reading some of them, and I think I may entertain some of you with the stories from "back in the day" when I was at school!! Isn’t it funny what we write when we’re so young and impressionable!!Anyhoo - I’ve had my gas for this afternoon!! I’d better sign off as I am seeing green dots everywhere I look! Maybe one of these days I will get someone in the know to tone down my colours so that I’m not responsible for everyone going colour blind!!TIP OF THE WEEK: When looking in the Hyundai Car yard, don’t tell them you’re trading in a Soarer because you want something with "more power"!! They will look at you funny and laugh in private! (Love you Sam! But it was too funny not to share!!)
WORK SUCKS MORE THAN A HOOVER ON MAXIMUM SUCTION 5/26/2005 at 16:58
The owner of my work today proved that if a whining, bitching customer persists with bad and rude behaviour, that they will get their own way. This is seriously f*****d up and I wish that she would stop sucking up the customers bums for once and actually try to make a profit, then at least, we could afford to keep some people on....Gross dramatisation of the situation, but I am so pissed that I spent so long on an account problem, just to have her turn around, and not only override me, but let this woman get money out of us that she does not deserve.... I think I’ll take her number and address home with me.... hmmmmmm
AND THEN THE PHONE RINGS!! 5/25/2005 at 16:51
I’m sick of the phone ringing at work at the moment, because after our receptionist goes home, it’s up to me to answer it!! And it just keeps going until I do!! Blahkgher....Its my mum’s birthday today, so Happy Birthday mum! Not that she’ll ever read this, because she’s a bit techno-shy!! But it’s all in the thoughts because I haven’t got her a card, and her present is a much requested Helicopter ride!! On other news, Becca broke up with her boyfriend (or rather, he broke up with her) her official statement is "I’m quite sad about it really". She was doing a bit of a bitter sister routine, you know - "when it happen’s to you" and "yeah, it’s all roses in the start".... I’d like to think that Sam and I have a pretty good chance at not being like Becca and Tim, because he hasn’t yet written off my car like Tim did to Bec!On a much brighter note, only 67 sleeps until I leave for Bali!! Only 3 sleeps until Laura’s party (which at this stage we will be in attendance at after a 50th in Bracken Ridge) and Only 2 sleeps until the weekend starts and I get to see Sam!! Ahhhhhhhh!So, there is my Wednesday afternoon blog, complete with utter babble that will do me for another day, or two or ten!!P.S. Anyone interested in Big Brother on Sunday 12 June - crap, that’s soon? It will be a day filled with dreamworld and a night filled with BB05 - if we (Chels and I) can’t get it off the ground for the 12th, then maybe July because school hol’s are the two weeks after that. Tickets for a gold package, which are the best seats you can get, and entry to dreamworld for the day are $87.00 each..... I think the tickets get more expensive after that date??
HEY-HEY YOU THERE!! 5/24/2005 at 10:05
The title of this blog was once suggested to me as a useful pick-up line!! HAHAHA!! It never worked because I never used it! But feel free to adopt it if you are free and single and lookin for some lovin!! ;)Anyways - I’ve decided that taping Big Brother and watching it back, fast forwarding through the boring bits, and even watching another BB show whilst watch my pre-taped episodes in the ads is the only way to watch it!! It takes up much less time in my world, and leaves me more time to chat to Sam, read my book or write in my diary!! I’m glad that Gianna, Michael, Geneva and Hotdogs are up for BB eviction... they all suck - infact, I have no particular liking to anyone on the show this year as they are all cocky little shits!! All the girls and even some of the guys seem to think that they are Bi - and they STILL DON’T GET ANY BLOODY ACTION!!!Uncut last night was boring boring boring - I have a porn movie that I got in a showbag at sexpo that would be more interesting than the shoddy show they put together last night!! However, I am now addicted to the shite and can’t help myself! I haven’t even played tiger for weeks!! Boo-hoo!!Tea Breaks over - CYA!!
THE WEEKEND THAT WAS! 5/23/2005 at 09:15
As we alllll know, Sitar on Friday night was excellent!! Sam and I are forever saying that we will dine-in, and then when I get down to Brisbane, all we can do is talk about how hungry and tired we are. Then we go and get take-away Sitar, or pizza, etc and go home to watch TV and go to sleep!!Saturday morning we woke up and Sam made toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches for breakie before we headed out to watch Star Wars. It was quite enjoyable, had a bit of a cry when the (and please excuse my spelling here) Obiwan, Padme and Annikan scene on the volcano planet happened... went home and watched family guy episodes, had a nap and then went to Wayne and Alison’s. Had a very enjoyable night with dinner at Lone Star - we were discussing the nessecity of comments cards on the tables so that you can rate the line dancing staff members! Went to the Casino for a couple of hours where everyone except Sam lost money! Then went back to Wayne and Alison’s and watched (slept through) Galaxyquest. And went home to sleep!Sunday morning we woke up and did a bit of a driving tour of eastern Brisbane, starting with lunch at Wynnum, a drive through port of brisbane and ending with a lovely Sunday stroll along the beach just past Clontarf, and just before Redcliffe! We went home and had a sleep before I headed back to the coast where my taped BB05 first official eviction was waiting to happen!! HA HA - Angela is gone!! And what will constance announce tomorrow?? Has she broken up with the boy, or has she become engaged, or maybe.... she was the first pregnant person in the house.... we’ll see tonight on the second nominations show of 2005!!Anyway, I must go back to work now, enough time wasted!!
OLDIES, BUT GOODIES! 5/20/2005 at 15:13
Okay, the most bizarre thing just happened.... I was sitting at work, when I thought, hey, I might check my email!! And I did (not the bizarre thing, I always steal time and internet from work)....Anyway - low and behold, there was an email from one of my childhood friends!! I haven’t spoken to her in about 11 years, and she found me on School friends.com.... everyone should join up right now!!I am still speechless, and figured that it couldn’t be real until I told someone, so I rang my dad, who is one of 3 people who would understand the full significance of this contact! That is all I have to say! See you at Sitar!!
HAS ANYONE SEEN TIME FLYING BY?? 5/18/2005 at 08:40
Okay, where is my life going?? I am 23, living at home with my parents, and working in Nambour..... take 7 years away, and you have my teenage years. The only differences are that a) I have a drivers license; b) I have a boyfriend; c) I pay more rent; d) I earn more money.... So there you are, not much at all has changed. And I’m a bit afraid that it’s not going to either.... All of a sudden it’s the middle of May and I can’t help but wonder where it’s all gone? Time that is... we all say that it flies by, but I haven’t even really noticed it. It’s like all of a sudden I’ve skipped from school days to these ones, and I want a refund on all the crap that’s happened inbetween, because I can’t remember most of it!!Okay, onto new and exciting things.... like I’ve been saying for a while now, I’m going to Bali, except now, I’ve got a passport and have paid for mine and my sister’s tickets. So, we really are going!! From the 31st July to the 14 August. And I am soooo excited that I keep dreaming about leaving my passport at home while I go to the airport!! I had another one of these dreams last night. It’s really quite worrying, because I’ve never been overseas before, and I’m afraid that something terrible will happen over there, like all of the horror stories you hear happening to someone else, but compounded by 10. I’m sure I’ll get over it!! I’m just really looking forward to surprising my cousin (who’s been travelling around Nepal and India and all sorts of foreign locations) because she doesn’t know we’re coming yet.... and also, getting to spend time with our other cousin, who we only just met last year, and is my uncle’s love child from 28 years ago!! But most of all, I’m looking forward to spending all of my Rupiah’s - you get something like 7000 for $1..... yay! Go the massive exchange rates and lower economy in foreign countries!! Got to run, work to do and all that!!
THANKS KEVVY POO POOS!! 5/8/2005 at 16:10
Thank you for taking my moustache man off my little bloggy thingamy....As I like to say, if you’re offended by me, then you’re an idiot... but I mean it in an entirely nice way, because I never intentionally mean to offend or hurt anyone with things I say (to their face -he he)..... I tend to do it alot because I have issues with my toneal control.... and text is the most difficult medium to interpret emotionally unless you’re great with exclamation marks!!!!!! :)I rarely take offence at other people’s comments, etc, which may sometimes be a problem, but I actually learnt the amazing lesson that not everyone is going to like you, love you or even want to work with you, at my last office job. Admittedly, I was a HUGE know-it-all, and a bit of a nazi, about EVERYTHING! However, I knew my job inside and out, and most everyone elses in the office, no word of a lie there, which I guess is what made me a know-it-all..... Anyway, a girl I worked with and I didn’t get along, and she was always complaining about me, or saying rude things, making me upset.... and this all came to a head when I realised that she was just the trigger to my mounting case of depression. Once I had that in the bag, my life has never been so self-concious-stress and worry-free!I am very much a talk before you think kind of gal.... and if someone doesn’t like what I say, instead of taking offence, they should speak up for themselves! But I guess not everyone can be so outspoken, or we’d all be at each other constantly.I’m not sure that I have a point today, just felt like typing something.... Oooooo - I am definately going to Bali on holidays!! I’m going with my sister, my aunty and uncle, and my cousin is meeting us over there!! Very very excited!! I am going to go and google Bali now!! This very instant! Goodbye!P.S. Yolande got ripped off by some incest ridden hick from Gympie who voted his singing student ahead of our beloved Yolande in the Karaoke finals that we went to... If the Gympie Times or News, or whatever has a website, I’m going to complain!! Infact, I have now edited my blog to include a copy of the LETTER TO THE EDITOR that I have emailed to the Gympie Times......"I am writing to advise the people of Gympie of the travesty I witnessed on Saturday 7th May 2005 at the Gympie RSL.I travelled with a couple of friends from the Sunshine Coast to support one of our workmates, Yolande Heilbronn in a local Karaoke competion, that if won, would lead to the state and national finals on the Gold Coast. When the five competitors had completed the first of two songs, we noted that our friend and another lady, Donna had certain potential to win the competition. Two of the other three competitors were hard to hear over the speakers and didn’t make any of the effort that Yolande and Donna did with their costumes. The other competitor, the only man in the competition, even though he made an effort with his costume, didn’t have anything near the talent of Donna and Yolande.When the winners were announced as Donna and another girl, there was definate shock amoungst the other competitiors and patrons of the RSL. Upon investigation, it was discovered that one of the two judges, a singing teacher had infact taught the girl who had "won" the competition. I now find that the bias of one of the judges has definately resulted in a fixed competition, and as a result the wrong girl is going to Tweed Heads to represent Gympie in what could lead to being a National Final."
WHY COMPLAIN?? 5/4/2005 at 10:31
Okay, I’m in the mood to rant.... partly to do with the fact that Sad FM and co are in the freaking Tea room - tainting my rest break.....WHY WOULD YOU SIT ON YOUR LUNCH OR TEA BREAK FROM WORK AND COMPLAIN ABOUT WORK?? THESE ARE THE KIND OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD GO HOME TO THEIR LOVING PARTNERS AND STILL TALK ABOUT THE "HELLISH" DAY THAT THEY HAVE HAD.....I hate it when I end up in the tearoom with these particular people because, quite frankly, they are annoying whingers..... they have nothing positive to say, but they want to know every bit of interesting gossip and they pass it on at will, along with other titbits of workplace information....and it makes me wonder why they even still work here.... for fuck’s sake (excuse the language) if you don’t enjoy your job, and all you can do is complain, then quit..... I want to say this so many times in a day that I should just get a T-shirt made up.... I personally enjoy my role, and I think it partly has to do with the fact that I don’t work in the mainstram bitchy wankers area.... I have my office, with a door, and a radio if I really need a boost!! And because of security reasons, I have a locked door, and only authorised staff may enter.... The brightest part of my day is honestly the 1/2 hour that Chels and mine lunches overlap. It is my release from whatever stresses, etc my morning has brought.
IT’S A SAD DAY TODAY 4/28/2005 at 08:28
It’s my dog, Jake’s, deathday. He doesn’t know it yet, and he’s still alive now..... but in a matter of hours, dad will be taking him on the green needle journey of death. Dad was shitty at absolutely everything this morning which tells me that the guilt is eating away at his concious... he hasn’t told my sister yet, and Jake was practically a birthday present 7 and a bit years ago. But the poor little thing just isn’t the same, he’s probably blind and going deaf, he doesn’t respond to the sound of his own voice anymore, and the only reason he was excited yeaterday when I got home was because I had keys in my hand...I’m quite at peace with the whole decision, afterall, pets have never been our family’s thing.... they’ve either run away, been put down or been run over. Mum is devo’d - but Jake was part hers too.... and as I said, Bec doesn’t know and Dad is angry at the whole situation.Anyway, I’m off to work now.....
HELLO GOD, IT’S ME AMBER 4/26/2005 at 12:59
I’m going to Bali!! My uncle and aunty are going late July, Early August, my sister’s going with them (allegedly) and so am I (if I get myself into overseas travel order)!! I’m getting really excited and can’t wait to start researching Bali - it’s my thing, if I’m going to travel (anywhere) then I google it - and all related things that I may be into!! More info to come at a later stage - anyone who feels the need to come with, submit a comment with your interest!! My uncle and aunty have been there heaps, and know all the good, safe, etc places to go!!Becca’s 21st was on Saturday night, so Sam and I got dressed up and ventured into the city to celebrate!! Sam drove, so didn’t drink much, and I was getting over a cold, and got a really sore throat, so stuck to water for it’s re-hydrating purposes (after a couple of Kalua and Milks to take the "edge" off - he he). My mum got drunk and cried (it’s the way for the women of my family) and dad got pissed off because mum was flirting with 20-odd year olds!! HA HA!! It was good to see mum get her own back after all the years of dad’s drunken moments, and now we’ll never have to see it again!!Spent the rest of the weekend NOT WASHING SAM’s CAR, which was the one aim that we had..... I watched Star Wars Episode 4 - and now it’s all coming together from my years of Star Wars ignorance!! I now know what a Wookie is!! Anyways - I’m nearly due back at work, and I have lots to do, cause it’s the monday after a long weekend, which means lots of money to count!!
BIRTHDAY MANIA 4/20/2005 at 08:28
Been busy scrapbooking for my sisters 21st birthday!! Highlight of the night last night was when Bec wanted a birthday candle.... after a while of searching.... mum turns off all the lights, and comes around the corner with none other than the gas BBQ lighter.... bec and i were too busy wetting ourselves laughing to sing happy birthday.Someone will always be prettier. They will always be smarter. Their house will be bigger. They will drive a better car. Their children will do better in school. And their husband will fix more things around the house. So let it go, and love you and your circumstances. Think about it. The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart. And the most highly favoured woman on your job may be unable to have children. And the richest woman you know, she’s got the car, the house, the clothes....might be lonely. And the word says if "I have not Love, I am nothing." So, love you. Love who you are. Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say "I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!" "Winners make things happen. Losers let things happen." "To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world".
GLOSSY MAGAZINES ARE FUN 4/12/2005 at 13:22
Well I don’t have much to report.... I need more something (memory - or Megabytes or RAM or some other term I have no idea about) for my laptop to make it go better (to facilitate Tiger Woods obsession)..... I also need more motivation to get my french lessons on track.... I can say hello or goodbye at any time of the day..... but that’s all so far.... Nothing really exciting has happened, except that my sister and her boyfriend HAVE NOT broken up, they are just moving out from each other after 2 and a half years..... My mum managed to mislead my on the WHOLE situation.... now I’m finding it hard to comprehend anything she says as my brain goes into automatic bullshit filter mode! Lost netball last night - no surprises there!! I really want this old lady named Colleen to not play in our team.... she refuses to play any other position apart from shooter - and that really pisses me off!I have holiday money - and no ideas for a holiday.... I wouldn’t mind Bali or Fiji... or a quick trip to Victoria to catch up with my grandies and go for a hack at the snow.... I don’t really want to spend my entire savings.... this is not to be the trip of a lifetime, just a trip to fulfil the travel bug I recently picked up... And I don’t want any magots living in my skull (as seen in body snatchers) after I get back from somewhere exotic! hmmmmm, back to the drawing board I guess!!
WHEN LOVE GOES WRONG 4/6/2005 at 08:26
The best news that our family was expecting has been announced.... my sister and her drop-kick boyfriend have finally (after two years of fucking around) broken up!! YAY!! We’re not sure of the details yet, and I’ll keep you posted, but at the moment, my dad, cousin and her partner are moving her out on Saturday!I won’t go into all the things that this dip-wit has done to our family - writing off bec’s (and my) first car was his major faux par - but lets just say that if this is a false alarm, there’s going to be an uproar!!On this subject of boyfriends though, when this announcement was made, my dad became retrospective and admitted that in his eyes, things "just hadn’t been right" between Bec and Tim since before Christmas.... which just made me wonder about our parents secret talent to spot drop-kick and looser boyfriends before the rose colour tint wears off.... my dad especially is always the first one to say that he knew it wouldn’t work out!! Yet, he doesn’t share these broadcasts prior to anything going wrong, except maybe with mum. Things bec could have known two years ago!!
I WISH I WISH I WAS A FISH 4/4/2005 at 20:59
Firstly thank you’s!! Thanks to Chelsea for all of the great piccies from my 23rd! Thanks to my mum for the great cake (that the RSL later gave to randoms....)Thank you to everyone who made it - I had an absolute ball! And - luckily, I didn’t get too drunk, so Sam didn’t have to escape to a corner!! You can check out all of the very groovy picaroonies in Chelsea’s Gallery!!One of my favourite pictures should appear above!! I have titled it "ANIMAL"Anyway, what I got for my birthday - French lessons from my sister (the blonde in pink in the pic’s); The OC Series One Boxed set from mum and dad (the brunette in the grey dancing the night away and the bearded man in blue, that in one pic has the "kev _expression on his face.....[to be demonstrated])Here is my dadVS. KevSeperated at birth?? Hmmmmm..... Chelsea - does this make you want to do a family tree?I got a nice vase from our neighbours, Stevie and Nellie, and some lovely candles and candle plate, holder thingamies from Sam!!Anyway, I’m off now, I want to print some of the pic’s, then I have to dry the dishes and finish tidying my bedroom.... I started "re-organsing" in order to fit some of my pressies in (mainly Sam’s candles) and now I have a bombshell to sleep in!! Hopefully I may get enthusicastic in whilst doing the dishes....
I MISSED A DAY!! 4/1/2005 at 08:17
For those of you devoted to my blog (deeesssppperado - why don’t you come to your senses)... you will notice that I missed a day yesterday - AND IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY TOO!! Hmph!!Anyway, to make up for it, I am forcing myself to blog right now, because there is a good chance that I won’t be blogging this weekend (due to self-induced illness). For those of you coming on Saturday night, it’s looking to be a good night.... if you see Sam in a corner, it’s because I’m too drunk! I’ve told him I’ll mix the alchohol up with water.... not very likely, but I’ll try for the sake of it!!By for now - but I’ll be back!EDIT:- iT’S 1:39pm - I have shiploads to do - but can’t focus!! Just invited the IT guy - aka Trousers to my party on Saturday.....it’s not so much that I’m getting desperate - I’ve had to extend the booking, but that I felt sorry for him - he was asking what I was doing, and I told him, then added as an afterthough - you should come!!
SHHHH BE VERY VERY QUITE, I’M HUNTING BUNNY RABBITS 3/30/2005 at 08:24
I tried to dye my hair last night - it was meant to be vibrant red - and it isn’t! It has tinges of red, but it’s not the vibrant red that I was expecting (the dye was fire engine red). I’m not sure if I’ll do it again, I’m a bit scared of being a red head again (spent most of my out of school years as a red head) it’s so hard to maintain the exactly required brightness, shinyness, etc. Maybe I’ll put a semi-permanant through - and wait for it not to work as well!On the bright side, mum has said that it can be meatloaf night at my place tomorrow for my birthday. She’s like, ask your friends at work (Chelsea & Kev) if they want to come too. I’ve now issued the invite, and Chels is going to check with Kev!! Ooooo meatloaf!! Yum Yum! No peas please!
WEIRD FACTS IN EVEN WEIRDER PLACES 3/29/2005 at 12:59
They have trivia on everything now.... one of the girls in the lunchroom just said that the average speed for flys is 7.something km’s an hour. When asked where this interesting fact came from, Julie held up her juice cap. Which made me think about where else they have trivia. For example, any girls out there would be more familiar with the trivia printed on the peel-off tabs on sanitary pads. I have to admit to being one of the suckers, sitting in the loo for an extra thirty seconds, reading the meaningless facts that I’ll probably never repeat, or remember. On to more interesting news.... the weekend was full of fun and socailising events. Started on Friday night at my cousins for a cocktail party. I got drunk, Sam couldn’t handle it - more so that he was taking my drunken babble and carry-on seriously and becoming offended.... oh, and I spilt a red cocktail over his white "christmas" shirt. NO STAINS though, we chucked it in the wash asap.... about the same time I was put onto water.Woke up early on Saturday and left Mango Hill for Nambour to prepare and pack. And even though I didn’t have a hang-over, I was fairly irritated BY EVERYTHING! So, we didn’t really "stock-up" on camp food, etc, but instead got some lunch, one steak, some banana’s, some chocolate and alchohol in addition to the food I’d prepared Thursday (Nacho’s style dip with cornchips). We headed to Noosa to pick up the tent from Sam’s dad, then onto the barge. What a freaking trip - the whole 2 mintutes on the barge I was ranting about how fucked up it was to be in my car, on a boat. We left my car at the Northshore pub and Mat (of Mat and Kelly fame) picked us up and we headed up the beach..... NOTE TO SELF (and anyone who might be considering it) - bench seats when four wheel driving is NOT comfortable. But thanks heaps to Mat for coming to collect us! We got to camp and set up. It was just like when we were kids - impatient looks, grunts of displeasure and shaking of thy head (all from Sam) and then the whining, the rolling of the eyes and the huffs of sufference (they were from me). We set up the tent and I got the geat job (seeing as Sam had set up the tent) of setting up the bedding, etc. Then we sat around and relaxed..... Sam kept asking if I was OK and having fun - because I went into brain freeze mode and wasn’t responding to any human interaction. Had a nap when time wasn’t going fast enough. Kel and Mat went to Freshwater for a toilet stop as our camp site had NO secret peeing places... as it was I had to firstly, go for a "swim" during daytime, and then secondly climbed halfway up a sand dune to balance precariously near a tree, drop my trakkies and squat over who-knows-what.... then had to do the shake, pull up, balance, skip out of the direction of the pee, balancing trick before joining Sam who was kindly waiting for me! We made a campfire, struggled with the wind, then went to bed.... short but sweet, hopefully Sam and Kelly do a better job of outlining the day!!I will finish this in due course, lunch is over!!EDIT:- Okay, where was I? That’s right. The next morning, I awoke to the sounds of engines (once again, thanks Mat [this time sarcastic]. Sam got up and did the manly thing of standing around making plans (I’m assuming this was what happened as I was still getting some sleep). All of a sudden I’m told that we are going to the North of Double Island to make camp for the day with the Jetski. So, after a quick change and pack job, we were once again mounting the bench seat for a bum-numbing trip (not as bum numbing as Cheree[spell check] who sat on the Console of the other car in order to fit Kel in, who kindly forfeited her seat in her car to us (TA KEL & CO). We arrived over the other side and it was fairly quiet (read - dead quiet) the wind wasn’t blowing and the water was gently lapping at the shore. We set up the tarp and put the Jetski in the water and settled in for breakfast. After brekkie, the day went fairly quickly with the boys and Cheree going out on the Jetski, and Kel and I opting out of the death-defying machine of dooooooommmmmm. Some bum of a hilux driver chucked Sam’s organge frisby out to sea (luckily it flew back to us) - so we stopped playing after that. Thought I saw some people I knew, but wasn’t prepared to run after them! Tried to call them, but their phone was off. Blah Blah Blah - boys got a great idea to go and find a camp site on Northshore, so we went back to the site, packed up and drove the 40 odd km’s to the pub - couldn’t get a site, so we all ate dinner at the pub - nice food - and proceeded to venture home.... My car’s brakes really need to be looked at now.... hopefully I can get them fixed by Russ (dodgy but cheap) ASAP. Dropped the tent off at Sam’s dad’s and back to Nambour to spend the night at my place. Mum and dad had some friends over when we got there, and my little sister and her boyf, Tim were their. We stayed up as long as we could before heading to bed. I couldn’t get to sleep as every little noise annoyed me, so I was tossing and turning, Bad nights sleep all around I believe - sorry sam!By the way - apologies for the ultra-bad grammar, punctuation and anything else.... I know you’re thinking - has this girl heard of paragraphs?Woke up the next morning by dad phoning my mobile from the kitchen to tell Sam and I that Tim, Bec and Dad were going for a drive, and inviting us along. We went to Lake Baroon (formally Baroon Pocket Dam I thought) and went the back way through Palmwoods, then over Keil Mountain Road to Bli Bli and whatever the road that ISN’t Petrie Creek Road way back to our place. We had some lunch and watched a movie - at which point, I bowed out for a nap. Sam joined me and we napped away until it was time to say bye to Bec and Tim. Mum dragged me down the shop so that Dad could bond with Sam (my theory) over bottling beer. Then we had Red Rooster for dinner and Sam went home! Ahhhhhhh - still crappy recount - but that’s all Ive got!!If you’ve made it this far - you deserve a gold star!
IT’S MY PARTY, AND I’LL CRY IF I WANT TO 3/24/2005 at 08:54
Well, the plans have been made - and SMS invites (and some hardcopy ones) have gone out!This is my last port of call for the invite circuit. My party will be at Nambour RSL (the place to be) on Saturday April 2nd. Come along at 7pm (meeting in the Petrie Bar) for dinner (please RSVP by 31/03/2005 for numbers) OR at 8pm on for drinks, etc.I don’t know how many people read this - but if you’re Albear’s internet stalker - please don’t come along - you won’t be welcome. Everyone else, join in the fun - get drunk, watch me dance to whatever live music they have on that night, and party the night away!!On a sad note, after telling Sam how great my digicam is last night, I got it out to take a picture or two of my trophies, AND IT’S BROKEN! I think something in the lens - someone said the shutter mechanism - is broken and won’t open..... I’m going to visit my old mates at Camera House to see if they can fix it...... Boo Hoo...
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME!! 3/23/2005 at 08:28
Well, on my current winning streak, we won our grandfinal last night! Yippee! And the best bit? We got a massive trophy - it is huge! The biggest trophy I’ve ever received! I was stoked.... held the champions pose of trophy in hand up high until I got in the car. Dad said - do you want me to drive, and I said, no it’s okay, but it’ll be hard driving with the trophy in my hand!! Location joke really! It was a close game, we only won by two, and mum and dad came to watch and agreed that it was the best game they’ve ever seen me play, last final included! I sent one girl sprawling on the ground - but usually she’s an annoying bitch to play against.... couldn’t wipe the grin off my face - I AM EVIL!!
OOOOHHHH I GOT THE MOJO 3/22/2005 at 15:05
Yes that’s right, we won and are in the Grand Final tonight!! Woo hooooo!! Another beer mug that I’ll have to fight my dad for!We play at 7:30 at Nambour Indoor Sports if anyone wants to come watch me roll around the court in my netball skirt and trendy purple bib!! We are called "Carefactor" HA!EDIT - IMPORTANT FACT - THERE IS A BAR AT THE CENTRE!!OOoooooo I reckon we’ll loose, but if we win - that will be great!!Anyway, back to work, I actually have heaploads on today, and this week really!I’ll have the results here for you live tonight or tomorrow morning!Tentative B’Day plans is for a dinner/something at Woombye Pub, possibly Palmwoods or Buderim Tavern.... haven’t really decided yet - but it’ll be on Saturday 2 April 2005!
WORK IS TO BLOG AS METAMUCAL IS TO BOWELS... 3/21/2005 at 15:30
Well, I’m back at work today and I guess the good thing is, for anyone who actually reads my blog, I will be more regular.... So far I’ve had a major case of Mondayitis.... highlight of my day was having lunch with Chelsea, and laughing about a pop-up book that Social Club Books left for us to peruse and purchase.I’m supposed to be on my tea break now, but I think I’ve gone over by 10 minutes - ooops, who cares! That’s the way - lovely work ethic!On the weekend, which I completely neglected to mention in my last blog, Sam and I roadtripped to Ipswich! We travelled back in time for all of about 10 minutes when we got lost on the way to the Indoor sports centre and ended up at The Ipswich Rock’n’Roll club’s do. I asked some strange ipswichian if she knew where the Indoor Sports Centre was - and she didn’t know.... but her little bit of help (ah, I think there’s another building behind this one?? - inevidable as it was the showgrounds....) led us to our final destination.We also watched a couple of good movies - The Terminal; The Cutters (I think it’s called that?) and Collateral. I kept falling asleep through Collateral and waking up to get updates from Sam (who was very patient with my sleepiness - thanks sweetie!).I have another Netball final tonight - not the grand final, but if we win this one, then we’ll be in the grand final tomorrow night. If we win tonight, please feel free to come along and cheer us on tomorrow night for the GRAND FINAL!!Enough from me. How are you today?Oh, by the way - Congrats on the job Josh !! And Good Luck for your first day tomorrow!
THE FIRST RELATIONSHIP FART.... 3/20/2005 at 22:03
I remember it now Sam.... it took me until Hale Street after leaving your place... but the first relationship fart - was all yours...I remember it like yesterday. Walking out of your room in Paskins Road. hearing an almighty rumble - thinking it was the train, or a scary monster let loose in Palmie.... but alas, alak - it was but my lovely, polite, sweet Sam.... giving it all it was worth in the toilet. And with those acoustics.... let’s just say - I would have been doing laps of the house with my T-shirt over my head (soccer style) claiming it if it’d been me! HE HE!The conversation of who got first fart came along because, after a mexican meal with beans last night - I wasn’t been very lady like (gross I know - but entirely natural). And Sam was paying me out. And I was like - welllllll, you did it first - HA!Sorry to everyone who may have endured that little rememory... but Sam was saying that I should have blogged it when it happened. I didn’t think he’d appreciate his gas being put up in a public forum - but shit happens (normally after particularly bad gas - DAD JOKE, apologies!!)Back to work tomorrow - blah. The highlights of my week will be:1. Seeing Chelsea - I’ve missed you!!!!2. Only having to work 4 days this week - and next.3. Giving my boss a hard time - about anything, I’m not picky (I’m sure he loves it)4. Getting my Red Tulip Easter bunny and cadbury egg - old standards from Mr E Bunny (Yes I still believe, heck, if I go to sleep, and wake up with free stuff - I’ll believe in whoever or whatever delivered)FACT :- Jake’s new car is niceFACT :- 11 sleeps till my birthdayGOOD NEWS - our driveway is being concreted the weekend after Easter!SAD NEWS - my parents are getting old - they were all tucked up in bed tonight with lights and TV off when I got home - AT 9:10PM..... what the?LOVING RIGHT NOW :- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 - wonder if they have TA (Tiger’s Anonymous for those of you playing at home!) I could even go all Kevin on you and start playing online and posting pictures (except I dunno how)..... NOT!It’s been a good weekend off - still didn’t get lots done - and didn’t even really bludge that much... I guess that leaves plenty of time for bludging at work - HA!Anyway, I’m sleepy! So off to bed for me!!
I HAD A GREAT TITLE EARLIER - NOW I CAN’T REMEMBER IT.... 3/16/2005 at 10:49
How’s my crappy title!! Anyway, my hol’s are good - bit quiet. I’m going to have lunch with a friend that used to work at the pharmacy, Judy. I’m packing a picnic.I was planning on having a lovely sleep in this morning until my phone rang.... the caller was going to get a lovely lecture along the lines of "Do you know what time it is? (8:00am) This is an unacceptable time to call, I’M ASLEEP!! Goodbye" BBBBUUUUTTTT it was Sam. So instead he got the - if it wasn’t you, you’d be getting a lecture - talk. He was laughing. Hmmpphhh. I was awake, and actually happy, so I stayed awake and watched Daddy Daycare - one of eleven movies I purchased yesterday when I couldn’t spend money on clothes - nothing looked good...... Can’t wait for another couple of weeks on mum’s weight watchers eating plan when I may actually fit into some nice clothes.... Anyway - the movies I got were many and varied... The three Harry Potter movies - Secret Window - Road to Perdition - Down To You (Freddy Prince Jnr - droooolllll) - and another couple.... will make for interesting viewing over the next couple of days...I am being so uncreative right now. Blah!!Oh - big news - I no longer have a credit card. The bank cut it up right in front of me - I nearly cried.... longest relationship I’ve ever had! He he! I have refinanced so that I have money to travel when I want to - I’m saving on top of that too.... and also so that my credit card could dissapear. Well, mission accomplished. It’s a bit scary, because I won’t have any back up now.... I’m going to have to layby! Eeekkk.Oh, and we won our Semi final on Monday night for Nambour Netball - one more game, if we win, we’ll play the grand final... bit dissapointing because we were one short... if we hadn’t been - we might have won by more than 1 - but, a win’s a win! And maybe another winners glass!!On that boring note... have a lovely week if I don’t blog again soon....
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!! 3/13/2005 at 19:47
Well, we won netball.... only just. The other team were one down and we only won by 2. So, all in all, pretty poor effort, but I did get a mug that says "WINNERS"!Mum and Dad bonded with my boss, Fiona, and her English live-in lover, Tony. It was pretty funny cause Dad and Tony...and Fiona were all drunk!Anyway, once Tony had "accidently" kissed my mum goodbye, I drove us all home where we sat around and discussed the legitamacy (spell check?) of my illegitamate cousin. Then we went to bed, I was thinking "I was great at Netball tonight!"The rest of the weekend I spent with Sam, who I’m still with now, having a weeknight sleepover as I don’t have work tomorrow. He gets so antsy when in the Shopping Centres, which is one of my favourite places to be on the weekend - such a festive atmosphere! But he normally gets over it within 24 hours... what a drag.Dropped in at my cousins on the way back to Sams tonight and helped them assemble their new outdoor furniture - 50% off so they brought a bar thingy too - way too much furniture, but at least they will have a furniture christening party on easter weekend when Shellys cousin (on the other side of her family) will be up.Belinda (Buz - shellys other cousin), Shel and I always get up to mischeif when were all together, so itll be interesting to see what we get up to when our mums arent there to quash any of our zany plans to conquer the world! Add cocktails and itll only mean trouble! Hopefully Samll be able to keep me in line!Sorry about the poor punctuation, the computer Im on isnt Amber compliant!
JUST A QUICKIE!! 3/11/2005 at 14:00
I have my netball grandfinal at Maroochydore tonight at 9:45 pm!! That is correct - a quarter to ten at night, they are making me be sporty!! Now, I am not really sporty at the best of times....netball is social time - qualified by the amount of time I spend talking to the opponent on the court..... maybe why we are bottom of the ladder at Nambour?? Eeeekk! Due to the fact that I didn’t do any washing this week and am saving it for tonight, I then had to go and purchase some new socks and netball briefs.... how lazy can I be?It’s okay, at one point, when I lived in Brisbane, it was much worse - Mum once counted over 50 pairs of undies that I’d stocked up on so that I could do my washing something like 6 times a year.... oh, and I had to buy clothes for every free dress day!!Ahhhhh, the bachelor (what is the girls version??) days before I moved back into mum and dads!!
THE GOOD NEWS AND THE BAD NEWS 3/10/2005 at 16:00
I’ve always preferred, when faced with the option above to hear bad news first, thinking that the good news will cheer me up when I hear it!However, today was different.The bad news - Lynn’s daughter has Cancer - she is only 12 or 13 and they are starting her on Chemo ASAP.This news shook the entire workplace, prompting most of the full-timers to contribute to one our biggest "rally-around the offices" yet. A whopping $200.00 will be put towards buying something for Kelly, Lynn and their family in the hope that it will show them that we are all thinking of them.The good news was delivered after this devistating news, and was that I can go on holidays because they have a replacement for Lynn for the time being.Ofcourse, different circumstances would have had me bouncing off the walls with excitement! But today I think I will use as a reflection of how lucky I am to have a loving, supporting and healthy family who are there for me no-matter what. I think it’s time that I took mum out on one of my special Mum and Amber days, just to show her how much I appreciate everything she does for me!You don’t realise how lucky you are until you have to think about the what-if’s do you?
WHY AM I SO TIRED? 3/9/2005 at 08:25
So I’m sitting here, slumped over the lunchroom computer desk wishing I was Samantha out of Bewitched and could wiggle my nose to go home and have a nap.My holidays are up in the air at the moment because one of the ladies that I work with is away because her child is super-sick (tuma on the knee - bad bad bad). But I’m hoping that they will be able to get someone in to replace me for the week. Unfortuantly though my work doesn’t think it sensible to replace people when they are on scheduled holidays because it’s just too expensive, they believe that one person can do 2 1/2 peoples work.Enough about that now! I’m looking forward to a weekend up the coast this week. Don’t get me wrong, I love going to Brisbane and visiting Sam (parent free zone). But I just don’t find any time to do the little things - like my washing - when I play netball twice a week and spend all weekend away.Enough from me - I’m off to do some work - uninterrupted by me surfing the net hopefully as I’ve had my fix now!!
THE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE 3/8/2005 at 09:07
10:16amTried Chelsea’s quiz - this time on my tea break - answers were nearly 100%!! What a laugh!you are - Lazy you wish you were - A sex bomb you hope - To get rich someday people think you are - An odd ball intelligent people though, think you are - So damn talkative but, really, you’re just - Quite lost Was thinking the blog below was crap - but can’t delete it cause I don’t want to!Thinking maybe I want my party somewhere cheaper (home) so that my monetry-challenged friends won’t be uncomfortable... Mum said last night I had to ask dad - but he’s so paranoid about the tiles (which he’ll gladly tell you he laid all by himself) and mum started to have a stress about her nice leather furniture.... Not to mention the health and safety risk our driveway is....Then I thought, well, if people want to just come along to say hi, or have a drink, etc. Then they can.Heck, I’ll probably be too pissy to notice food exists... although, mum has put me on weight watchers this week - really nice meal last night !! But she gets annoyed with me when I don’t want desert because it means I have less points than her !!Bye for now.... if computer-hog leslie isn’t on at lunchtime, there’s a chance I’ll update again!! My exciting life huh??9:16amI started talking to my mum about my birthday plans. It started off with location, possibly the Pig’n’Whistle, a date (on Saturday the 2nd April if you want to keep it free!), I gave her my dodgy list of things she could get me - including a french book, some new P.J.’s, a rhyming dictionary, and some Ugh boots.... not a final list as I may still buy all these things for myself. And then I started jotting down names of invitees... and it ended up being over 50 people that I could ask.... My mum said to me - wow, you really do have friends, and I was like - yeah, I do! It surprised me actually when I wrote down the list, that there were so many - and that was only the list I could remember off the top of my head. This birthday, is shaping up to be one of the better ones ever. Because even if 10 of the people I have on my list go, I will be having a blast!Anyway, have to go, a consious just grew and I’m feeling a bit guilty about doing this on work time!
THE WEEK OF THE FRIEND 3/3/2005 at 09:20
This week I will be staying in touch. I sound like advertisement for Optus, and although I feel like I am single handedly keeping them afloat with my phone bills, I mean that I’ll be getting back in touch and staying in touch with friends I haven’t spoken to for ages.Following on from my "I wish I had more time for my friends", I will be using my free night next week due to Netball game not being on Wednesday, and my holidays coming up to do some serious friend networking!This is something I initiated this morning and last night with emails and text messages, booking myself up for social events on my free nights and holidays. I just really hope I can keep to my word to myself!Tonight I’m catching up with one of my best friends from school. We dropped out of contact a couple of years ago, just after my 21st when I realised that we were growing apart, and I wasn’t going to wait for her. That was back in the day when I was a career woman in Brisbane working a 60 hour week with no social life. I actually thought I was better than her (although I realise now that I was becoming what my parents and Brisbane friends wanted) The only company I kept was with a cat, Lilac. I was the cat woman!Anyway, Dani’s always been the same person with the same ideals, and it took longer for me to realise that I’m very similar also (deep down). You see, Dani was always destined to live in a small town and settle down to marry and have many many children. It wasn’t until I was ready to sign onto the Navy for 9 years that I realised these are the things that I ultimately want in my life. And that is how I got to be in my boring go-nowhere job in little old Nambour..... although I wouldn’t rule out moving again to more exciting prospects, without realising it, I think I’ve found myself whilst living on the coast.Enough of my blabber - I actually do have things to do at work today!Cya
ANGRY HITCH HIKER? 3/2/2005 at 21:37
First of all - on my way to netball tonight and a guy was hitchhiking... and he was abusing car’s that wouldn’t stop for him... who in their right mind would stop for someone that looked like they had "issues"? NOT ME!Second of all - my team won our Netball semi-final, and am now playing in my first indoor netball final EVER! I think we get a wine glass "trophy" looking forward to that one!Third of all - I have been approved holidays in record time ever - I’ll be off the week 12-20 March - yipee! Chels, I’ll have to come in and do lunch with you!Fourth of all - my mum and dad are bum-heads because they said if I got in the finals, they’d come watch, and now they’ve turned around and said - Oh no, we meant if you got into NAMBOUR finals, not MAROOCHYDORE! What the? What ever happened to unconditionally supportive parents.... anyone want to trade?Fifth of all - I have been finding no time to catch up with any of my friends, and it is soooo frustrating because I want to catch up - but I’m so lazy/tired/busy and I can’t seem to find the time.... I wish I had another day or two in my week, at the moment I don’t seem to do anything other than eat, sleep and work.Sixth of all - my aim for my holidays is simple - bludge and learn french! Wonder if they give credits for french kissing (he he).Seventh of all, I’m off into another Book Coma - another Irish writer (my favourite kind)....bye!
COLD 3/1/2005 at 08:34
I have a cold - I don’t know where it came from, and by now I’ve probably spread it to everyone I know. Because of the cold, I’m tired and cranky and I don’t want to be at work - but I am, cause I’m the girl that’s never had a sick day at this job....and today is my 1 year anniversary! I think I’ll see how much annual leave I have when I get my pay slip today and then book a week off! That would be nice - a whole week! But my dilema is where to go when you are broke? I could go visit my G’ma and G’pa - but they’re in Vic and I’d have to drive/fly and that costs.... I can go up to Rainbow Beach and visit Wayne (a very close family friend) but he’s on dialysis most mornings, so there’s 3 hours of interrupted sleep! Or, I could stay at home and watch DVD’s, play The Sims and generally bludge..... but then what is the point of a holiday.Hmmmm, so much to think about, and my brain is already hurting.PINCH AND A PUNCH FOR THE FIRST OF THE MONTH>>> NO RETURNS!!
SEXPO 2/25/2005 at 08:52
Chels, Kev and I ventured down to Sexpo last night. Highlights of the night (in order of highlightiness):1. Kevin getting whipped by a random saleslady2. All three of us being caressed by middle aged lady wearing a corset with a tool called "Thumper" (Actually, it was quite sensual - sent shivers down my spine)3. Random salesman assuming Chelsea and I were a lesbian couple4. Another Random salesman massaging my back with still-unknown object, even though I was actively trying to escape5. HIgh-fiving yet another random salesman at the glass dildo stall when he assumed I had a glass dildo and knew all the tricks that he was talking about....?That’s all I can think of right now, and although I did get home before my normal bedtime, I’m somewhat sleepy now that I am at work!
I’VE PUT MYSELF OUT THERE.... 2/23/2005 at 14:10
Well, due to a sense of overwhelming boredness, I have put my details on Seek.com. I thought that maybe if I chucked my job fishing reel in while I was still having a bit of fun in my job, that I could make the swift change-over should anything I like pop up. This way, I get to choose the job, and I get to choose one I really like and think I’ll love and do well at. My only conditions are that it’s a Monday-Friday 9-5 job. There is one good reason for that, but the truth is that I couldn’t stand working weekends again.I’ve put down that I’d be willing to relocate - but in all honesty, I’d only go as far as Brisbane and the immediate surrounding suburbs on the south side.I think that putting myself out there, instead of looking for something in my field (admin) means that if someone in another field thinks I’ve got potential, then they will find me and open a new door for me. You never know, the job of my dreams might be just around the corner! I reckon you should all put your resume on seek (you can hide it from your current employers) and give yourself an ego boost when NAB or CBA, etc want to interview you as their CEO... HE HE!!
EASTER EGGS ARE EVIL.... 2/22/2005 at 13:55
I have found myself this last fortnight polishing off a bag of 475g Cadbury Dairy Milk Easter Eggs every couple of days. I think I am going to turn into an easter egg. How can I stop this - when is enough really enough?I keep telling myself that I am actually being very healthy because the more chocolate I eat, the more water I drink.... and I’m not normally a water drinker! However, I’m pretty sure that any day now, my body is going to rebel and I will end up 5kg’s heavier overnight. Which is going to be easy to spot seeing as mum keeps 3 sets of scales in my bathroom. Two of which say exactly the same thing and another that she claims "wasn’t accurate", so now sits in the drawer.Which is another thing, I’ve taken to weighing myself nearly 3 times a day.... it’s not like I punish myself if I’m heavier, etc. But once I’ve "weighed in" I look in the mirror and go (depending on the results) "yeah I am looking thinner today" OR "Oh, my tummy is sticking out with all that extra weight".I think this is mum’s way of giving me an even bigger complex about my weight/appearance/clothing size. You see, my mum has, for a while now. been secretly trying on my clothes.... not telling me, but the neighbours, who then accidently let it slip in conversation. This is all a part of the friendly rivalry that we have (she has) going on. Like, always asking how much I weigh, only so that she can turn around and say, "I’m lighter than you!!!". As for the clothes, of course my pants are going to fall off her - I have curvey figure and she has a barrell figure. This is something that at the tender age of 22 I have now come to terms with... she still thinks that she is "winning". It’s really sad when your mum is trying to outdo you in the looks stakes, because, let’s face it, I still have youth on my side!!
ONE PONDERS.... 2/21/2005 at 09:07
This morning, reading Josh’s blog, I couldn’t help but think.....Did you ever think about what it would REALLY be like not to have friends.... not to be loved unconditionally, just the way you are, faults and all? You can’t choose your family, but you choose your friends, and more importantly, they choose you. It is this fact that would make them more important in your life than the family you were born into. These are the people that you have selected to have been through ups and downs with, you have celebrated with them and greived with them. You have supported them through tough decisions and asked them for advise in return. These are the people that you would tell your deepest, darkest secrets to and know that they are safe.I have friends that I work with. Friends I play netball with. Friends that I live near. And friends that I can go for months without speaking to, but know that they are there for me, and I think that they feel the same. I have new friends, old friends, aquaintances, relatives and family friends. All of these people are important factors in my life, and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about one or more of them. These people are who I am. Friends are the most important people in your world. And how anyone could seriously (or casually) consider life without them is beyond me.
IT DUMBO COMING THROUGH!! 2/20/2005 at 22:07
The problems I’ve had in the last 10 minutes trying to find the display brightness asjuster thingamy - cause my stupid new bloody keyboard doesn’t have the function key that I normally press!! So, I was already to log off, when I couldn’t find the adjuster (I was looking for f@#$ing contrast (what a dip-shite I am) and I randomly did a search for "fn F2" as that was the only shortcut I knew on my laptop keyboard.... and guess what? I found it! So now the headache I’d developed looking at the dull screen has gone somewhat and I may or maynot have put the display brightness into my toolbar...... eeeeek!Anyway, fairly good weekend, went to see Sam Friday night, he got home a bit later than he told me..... and I was in a sarcastic mood, so Chris coped some friendly ribbing about the amount of deoderant he’d sprayed (let’s just say the factory will have to deliver some more before he goes out Monday - he he!! Sorry Chris) - but Sam got home not long after that, so he was given a reprieve!! We got indian and watched the final episode in Band of Brothers. Got up Saturday morning and got Sam ready for Sydney, I think I’d like to be a boy - no co-ordination of outfit, shoes, jewellery, handbags, make-up, perfume, etc - just chuck everything in a bag and hope for the best. Then drove him to the airport to do the whole couply departure lounge thing.... we were a dissapointment - no visable tounge action, no under-clothes groping!! But if I go to pick him up on Sunday, then there’s a chance we may make it to the "mile close" club (A concept Sam intoduced me to whereby you just have to be a mile close to the airport!! Kingsford-Smith Memorial, here we come!! HE HE!!). Anyway, enough of me trying to be funny!Went home after the airport and was so tired that I had to pull over at the Big Pineapple just to close my eyes for a second, so I didn’t do it whilst driving.... after a couple of minutes rest, I drove the remaining 6 kilometres home and had a nap there too! My sister showed up and we all ate chinese food for dinner (bit of a multi-cultural theme there). Then the rest of the family watched Black Hawke Down - BORING and I went to sleep - at 9:30pm.Woke up at 10:30 ish, asked mum what I could have for breakfast, she said "there’s a crumpet there" and I was all like "Ooooo crumpets!!" and she says to me "no, there’s just one". I went back to bed.Woke up at 11:45 and had an argument with my family about lunch plans, retreated to the shower for some "me" time and came out the same moody self.We went to go have lunch at Mapleton, but the pub was too full, so we went to the Nambour RSL - wooo hooo!!!! PAAAARRRRTTTTYYYY!! And had steak sandwiches.Then came home, got my hair cut - FINALLY. Then read a book, then my sister left. I rang Sam to make sure he’d arrived safely and that he was having fun - he had and he was - went to watch telly with Mum and Dad, but they wanted to watch crappy 60 minutes, so I went to my room to watch My Restaurant Rules and The X Factor simultaneously while mum and dad watched 60 minutes - yup, we support all channels in this house!! Then some visitors came over - and we watched some of the Edinborough Tattoo thingamy....Here’s where my evening got interesting.... the New Zealand Army Marching Band (or something) did Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport... with one kilted dude being the Kangaroo (obviously wasn’t at practice that day) AND THEN - they did the Haakaa (or however you spell it) then they did another jiggy number whereby they shimmied and shook their little butts around the arena.... never laughed so freaking hard in my life!!Now that I’ve told you all about my boring weekend, I’m going to sleep - yes that’s right - 16 hours wasn’t enough last night!! Sorry if I bored you! But you’re the sucker who read to the end!! He he!!
POEMS BY REQUEST 2/17/2005 at 21:00
Due to popular demand (i.e. a single request from Sam, here is a poem I wrote. (I think it’s the one that you were referring to Sam!!)Evolution of Life
HUGS, KISSES, PLAYMATES AND WISHES
PARENTS, SISTERS, SCHOOL PALS AND DISHES
BOYS, SHOPPING, MOVIES AND CHORES
HIGH SCHOOLGRADES, EXAMS AND OPEN DOORS
UNI, SOCIALISING, RENT AND BILLS
JOBS, BOYFRIENDS, SEX AND PILLS
MARRIAGE, CHILDREN, LOVE AND LOANS
COOKING, CLEANING, JOBS AND HOMES.
Brought myself a new keyboard and mouse today, I couldn’t stand my dodgy tiny little portable mouse any longer. This is so much better. And even though I didn’t use the shortcut keys on my laptop, I’ve just decided that I’ll be using them on the keyboard…..I’m now testing out the new hardware and burning some more sedate music for the drive down to Brisbane tomorrow. I’ve had Ministry of Sound 2003 Annual in my car since yesterday, and my new speakers are definitely being tested!
DON’T WATCH SCARY SHOWS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED! 2/17/2005 at 08:54
I scared the absolute shite out of myself last night right before bedtime. I watched Sensing Murder for the first time ever. And just as the credits were rolling, the phone rang....and I almost wet myself! Luckily though, it was Sam, so I told him of my scary predicament. You see the show had been about a girl who’d been murdered in her bedroom (and I was in my room) and after the show finished, I didn’t want to have my window open anymore, but I didn’t want to open the curtains to close it.... a tough call. I ended up, whilst still telling Sam about how bloody scared I was - at the top of my voice - not looking out the window (my reflection would have spooked me) closed my window and snuggled down into my blankets. By this stage however, I’d had a ten minute conversation in my "outside voice" and mum came down and "gently" ran her nails up and down my door to tell me to be quiet.... however, all I heard was scary murderer type sounds of someone trying to get into my room. There ensued a thirty second conversation of me yelling hysterically at mum whilst trying to fill Sam in on what was happening.This morning, I was telling dad about how scared I was, and being the ever sympathetic person he is, he said.... "If I’d known that, I would have come down and scared you some more" bastard....Moral of the story - don’t watch scary stuff before you go to bed! And DON’T tell your dad when you’ve been spooked, cause your sure to get a noctural visit from the "dad ghost".
BOOK COMA 2/16/2005 at 16:08
Yesterday at about 7:30pm I came out of a coma, a 24 hour book coma. You know the ones when you pick up a new book and suddenly you aren’t responding to human interaction and only grunt when someone starts snapping their fingers directly infront of your face!! I love reading and I can’t get enough of a good book. I’m not talking about trashy romance novels (A.K.A. Mills & Boon) but the real books that really drag you in and tell you a story worth hearing. I understand now why mum used to get so pissed with my sister and I when she was reading and we’d be climbing the walls with boredom. The following conversation is my version of an actual event from about 14 years ago: Mum reading in her room - girls walk in,GIRLS: "Mum, we’re bored, what can we do."MUM: "Go outside and play"GIRLS: "It’s too hot/cold/windy (I can’t remember, but knowing me, there was an excuse)"MUM: "Just go outside, I’m reading"GIRLS: "But there’s nothing to do outside"MUM: "Just leave me for an hour"GIRLS: "How long’s an hour?"MUM: getting increasingly agitated by this stage "60 minutes"GIRLS: "How longs a minute"MUM: turning red in the face "60 seconds"GIRLS: "how longs a second"At about this stage mum turns very VERY red in the face and all but locks us in the back yard - safely fenced ofcourse. We started counting the seconds, lost count of the minutes and found something else to do.Fourteen years later, amber is reading in her room, mum enters. Amber ignores mother’s presence.MUM: Whatchya doing?AMBER: GruntsMUM: "What’s the book about"AMBER: Looks at mother with scowl and mumbles an answerMUM: "Do you want a drink or something"AMBER: Looking menacingly at mother and growls "No"MUM: "Do you wanna watch a movie?"AMBER: "No, I don’t want to watch a movie, I’m reading - JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"MUM: "You only had to say" Mother exits.Hmmmm, now where did I get that attitude from?
I JUST BUY IT FOR THE PICTURES 2/14/2005 at 12:59
In the spirit of Valentines Day, here is a quote from Ben Lee - "We were joined forever before we met today and we’ll be joined forever after".Well, if you read Sam’s blog, you’ll know what we did all weekend, makes it easier for me, cause I can keep on baffling about crapola!!First of all, I think in the name of sanity and music lovers everywhere Sam has taken/hidden my Whitney/Kings of Leon CD that was in my car. I played it very shortly saturday while I was waiting for him to get his firestick, etc from his place. Then I think I may have taken it out on the way to Wet’n’Wild, although I don’t know why, cause there was nothing better to replace it with..... anyway, moral of the story is that I looked for it this morning before work, and couldn’t find it anywhere.... so now I blame someone else. Sam was also polite enough to leave out the part on Friday night whereby after 3 hours of sitting at the dining room table listening to all of dad’s "humorous" dad stories, we excused ourselves to go sleep and dad put us on the parental guilt trip for leaving him alone..... come on, we needed sleep!Also, I found a new Karoke song to "master" - Sinead O’Conner - Nothing Compares 2U..... sang rather badly by me at Kelly’s 21st - but I will sing it again, and again and again.HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!! CHERISH THE ONES YOU LOVE!
I’M NOT THE KINDA GIRL TO DO THINGS IN HALVES.... 2/10/2005 at 20:47
Exciting news, well I was excited anyway - I don’t realistically expect anyone else to be that estatic..... I got my car detailed today. And, as should always happen when you wash your car, it rained..... luckily dad let me park in the garage for tonight to finish the drying out process.....When I went to collect my little baby, it was like the moment in perfect match when the wall rolls back and the two singletons are revealed to each other, except in this episode, Yolande, a girl from work dropped me off (it was raining) and I advanced on the garage that my car was in with baited breath..... and there she was, my little eekie!! All shiny and bright and positively sparkling, awaiting my arrival. Of course the first thing I said to the detailers (who were all crowded in the doorway admiring a classic corvette) was "can I keep her here and pick her up tomorrow when it’s not raining?" I’m sure that would have been the 10th time they’d heard that line today! But, they gave me the courteous laugh that my el-lamo joke deserved!I got in my little baby and reversed her out (after the piece of shite owner checked I was okay going out the 3 metre wide opening with my 1.5 metre car......grrrrr anyone would think women have a bad name for reversing....) and then drove her home, on the verge of pretend tears, in the rain. I got home, put her in the garage and admired her cleanliness, checked the job, made sure the lasagne stain was gone, checked out that the rear sun-shade louvre thingamy was in fact shiny and black and basically basked in the glory of my little shiny car.I think I’m in love, and I’ve said this before, but it’s truer now than ever.... I love my car. I know it’s not much, but it’s mine, it’s undented (touch wood) and it’s beautiful. I am now about 50% percent less ashamed to drive it. Mainly cause she’s pretty again.... I’m feeling a pink decal’s moment again......
MY INSPIRATION.... 2/9/2005 at 09:18
Ooops, I’m on work time, but what the hey, I’m going to be bored later this afternoon anyway, so I may as well write as I think.....This is my most serious blog yet. Yesterday, whilst listening to the radio in my office, I discovered an inspiration - Henry Rolins. I heard his "I Know You" poem/song whatever you want to name it and I am hooked on his work. I immediately googled him and downloaded some of his lyrics. (Once again, on work time).I haven’t really written anything that fantastic for a while now, but when I’m depressed, I normally write my best, and I have to say, the last year of living up the coast has brightened my life considerably. And apart from a couple of miserable months last year, it’s been a brilliant time. But now I have found my inspiration in the poetry sector, I’m hoping I will be able to edit a few of the hundred (give or take) poems that I have written over the years into something that may one day resemble Henry Rolin’s work.I also heard one of the songs from Donnie Darko (which immediately made me think of Sam- wonder why Mr Donnie Darko obsession) it’s the song that plays in the closing credits, and has the chorus of it when it says something like "The dreams that I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had" (very rough quote there). I’m now officially hooked on that song.CONFESSIONS OF A COMMERCIAL MUSIC LISTENER: I now have a new CD player in my car, so I have reverted to listening to CD’s instead of the radio in my car.... I think that listening to music on the way to work makes my day better! However, I think I have commited a musical sin (and you may never respect me again after I tell you this).... I have but Whitney Houston’s "I wanna dance with somebody" on the same CD as The Kings of Leon. It was my "I wanna be happy on the way to work" CD, what more can I say. I won’t mention any of the other artists that appear, but just know that it is shameful and I love it!! He he!!
PANCAKES....WHERE ARE MY FREAKING PANCAKES!!!! 2/9/2005 at 08:28
Being Shrove Tuesday yesterday, mum promised pancakes for breakfast (this was Monday Night and I’ll advise you now that my mum has short attention span). So, first thing Tuesday morning when she popped her head in to ask if I wanted Meatloaf in my salad (....more on the meatloaf obsession another day) the first words out of my mouth were not, "morning mother" (note: never used in our household - ever)or "I’ll be up in a minute" (note" normally yelled at that unreasonable high pitch in response to constant badgering about my awakening time) but simply one word, and a very important one at that....."PANCAKES?" to which she replied, and this really gets me..... oh, I forgot about pancakes, and I’ve already put your dad’s toast in. I’ll make them for desert tonight.The next thing I remember about yesterday morning was getting out of bed and saying my second word of the morning worth talking about, "F***!!!!" You see, the night before, I’d hurt my leg at netball and could hardly walk.... of course, mum and dad, not realising the full extent of my injury, needed a song and (limping) dance about how sore I was and how much this was going to impact my day - (it was shaping up that I would be in flat shoes instead of my typical heels). What a bugger of a morning. This morning, I had the morning I should have had yesterday, first of all, I woke up when my alarm went off , second of all, I could walk freely (only a slight twinge in my calf muscles) and third of all, I got pancakes for breakfast (left over from yesterday). It’s almost as if I’m living through some real life Groundhog day!!
PEAS IN MY MEATLOAF? 2/6/2005 at 16:39
What the!! The strangest thing just happened - my mum just popped her head into the study and asked me the question that should never EVER be asked of a meatloaf-loving-child - "Do you want peas in your meatloaf" to which I replied (at a very high and unnatural pitch) "Pea’s!! - in my meatloaf?? We’ve never had peas in meatloaf". You see the problem we’ve encountered today is that Mum thinks it’s natural to incorporate other, non-tradionally-family-accepted items into the "old favourites" and I think it is blasphemy!Previous problem’s we’ve encountered in this arena include when she "experimented" with Lasagne and put fresh tomatoes in, as opposed to the previously tried and tested canned tomatoes in meat sauce.... that was the year of weight watchers.... the family rebelled, we never saw fresh tomatoes in our lasagne again. The latest problem (pea’s in meatloaf aside) was when she all of a sudden changed the mustard sauce that she makes to go with silverside. Yet another high pitched, unnatural moment of amber almost screaming - "what are mustard seeds doing in my sauce?". See in the years (my whole life actually) gone by, we had only ever had "mustard sauce" that consisted of white sauce with mustard powder in it..... and although I’ll admit it now that the new sauce far exceeds the old sauce, on the day it arrived, I was not so pleased.Now I’m sure you’re all thinking - what a nightmare child - and I’d have to say, I agree - boy does my mum cop some shite from me. But, at the end of the day, she always bounces back....afterall, she’s had years of practice with dad..... don’t ever mention the cocoa gravy incident, or the "other" lasagne incident whereby dad was heard saying "well I’ll know what to expect when I go to f***ing Italy then won’t I?"Our household has always got some drama or other going on..... and now that I’m back at home, it’s all the more exciting! I love my parents, I really do, but sometimes, parents just cross the line!
THE OLDER YOU GET, THE LESS YOU EAT AT SIZZLER 2/6/2005 at 00:56
When I was a kid and we went to Sizzler, I would have sworn I could eat like 10 plates of food, and another 5 of desert....however.... tonight I went, and all I could manage was 1 (yes one) plate of food and 2 deserts....I also fitted in a cappacino, a cruiser and a half a cup of creamy soda..... but - my point is that I could not, and don’t think I ever will again, fit in 10 plates of food and 5 of deserts. And that my friends, is sad!! It goes into the category of doing the splits (intentionally) and being able to rollerskate, bicycle, and really, do anything that physical without fear and without whinging that you are getting old, or that my feet are tired.... you should hear me on the netball court....aiy!!
MAKE WAY....VIRGIN BLOGGER COMING THRU!! 2/4/2005 at 20:21
This being my first ever blog in the whole wide world, I wanted to say something significant and meaningful....But that went out the window the moment my parents decided to desert me in favour of sailing!!!! What the?Okay, so admidly, I’ve been busy doing my own thing for a couple of weeks, - okay, since I moved back in with them two months ago - but that doesn’t mean that they can just take off on the first weekend that I was prepared to spend with them (okay, so that is due to lack of other interesting offers! But - hello?) And it wasn’t bad enough already that they were going to leave first thing tomorrow morning, but they had to up the ante on my rejection issues and leave straight after dinner tonight! Hmmphhhh!! They even left me with the dishes....okay I offered to do the dishes, being the dutiful daughter I am!The point of this story? My parents deserted me, I have desertion issues!! I am bored, and lonely and I have resorted to the most tedious tasks to keep me occupied. And they’ve only been gone 20 minutes....I’m currently putting all of my CD’s onto my computer in order to make some kind of "Ideal Sleeping CD" And then I’ll probably use the alphabetical listing in Windows Media to alphabetise my entire CD Collection. And if I’m still bored and lonely after that, I have my DVD collection and my bookshelf to do......But, before you get too worried that I’m going to colour-code my undies drawer, know that I have brought some sappy-chick-flick-movies to watch this weekend. And that just adds to my already extensive collection of my three favourite movie genre’s - ROMANCE; ROMANTIC-COMEDY; DRAMA. Yup, slush central over here! You name it, I’d have it....or plan to get it. My saving grace would have to be the couple of action movies that made it purely for perve factor..... XXX - Vin Diesel (yes please);Phone Booth - Colin Farrell (please sir, can I have some more?)..... Anyway, back to being bored....there’s always the dishes to do!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home