Well Hi there cyber people!
I had a great weekend, catching up with friends I haven't seen in months and not catching up with others who I was expecting to... so, there was good and bad news!
Firstly after a few champagne's at work on Friday, I caught the bus home and packed my things. Then Sam came over and we ate the left over pizza from Thursday night (Earth 'n'Sea - highly recommended) and we left for the Coast. We arrived at him mum's at about 9:00pm and proceeded to watch an amusing black comedy called Eulogy and Terminator (which was on telly, and I fell asleep during). After that, we went to bed.
Waking fairly early the next morning (about 10am), we then journied up to Sam's dad. Where, inbetween fixing his computer, swimming in the newly finished pool and lunch, Sam and I organised for a few of our mates to come to his mums that night for a swim, BBQ (actually it was BBQ food on the stove due to lack of BBQ) and a few drinks!
We headed home via the supermarket and picked up some supplies before heading back to Sam's mums and having a nanny-nap before our guests arrived. First to arrive was an old workmate of mine, Kelly, her husband, Richard and their daughter Ameile (not 100% on the spelling there - but pronounced Emily). Then Chelsea and Kev arrived, then it was Matt (Sam's mate) and Scotty (also Sam's mate). I then had to put on the food pronto as Kelly and Richard had to get Amelie home before she got too grumpy (which she did over dinner...). After they left, the rest of us chatted about music, old cars and Chelsea and I quietly shotted our way through the rest of the night. Overall a fantastic catch up with everyone!!
Sunday I spent firstly with Mum, Dad and my uncle, Peter and some family friends at the beach, then doing my washing at mum and dad's before Sam came over and we left to visit Judy (another old work mate) and Simon (her husband). That was a good catch-up. They are 6 months pregnant and just got married at the end of September - so I got to see all of the wedding shots and feel Judy's little baby bump and have a tour around their new home!
We then headed back to Brisbane via Red Rooster and went to our respective homes to sleep!
I have to admit here that last night, Monday was the first night that I actually wished that Sam lived with me. He came over for dinner on his way home last night, and we ate, and chatted and marvelled at our Big Day Out tickets, but then after a brief cuddle on the couch, he went home. And I was lonely.... and then Grey's Anatomy finished, and I was even lonlier... ohhhhhh dear.
Anyway, had a mini-performance appraisal, which went well! We weren't meant to do them as I hadn't been in my position for long enough, however, we did and I am good! He He! I was worried that my mind was failing me, as I haven't been as organised as I used to be (pre-pharmacy) however, Juliette, my boss, assured me that I'm going fine!
That's enough for now! Bye!
I had a great weekend, catching up with friends I haven't seen in months and not catching up with others who I was expecting to... so, there was good and bad news!
Firstly after a few champagne's at work on Friday, I caught the bus home and packed my things. Then Sam came over and we ate the left over pizza from Thursday night (Earth 'n'Sea - highly recommended) and we left for the Coast. We arrived at him mum's at about 9:00pm and proceeded to watch an amusing black comedy called Eulogy and Terminator (which was on telly, and I fell asleep during). After that, we went to bed.
Waking fairly early the next morning (about 10am), we then journied up to Sam's dad. Where, inbetween fixing his computer, swimming in the newly finished pool and lunch, Sam and I organised for a few of our mates to come to his mums that night for a swim, BBQ (actually it was BBQ food on the stove due to lack of BBQ) and a few drinks!
We headed home via the supermarket and picked up some supplies before heading back to Sam's mums and having a nanny-nap before our guests arrived. First to arrive was an old workmate of mine, Kelly, her husband, Richard and their daughter Ameile (not 100% on the spelling there - but pronounced Emily). Then Chelsea and Kev arrived, then it was Matt (Sam's mate) and Scotty (also Sam's mate). I then had to put on the food pronto as Kelly and Richard had to get Amelie home before she got too grumpy (which she did over dinner...). After they left, the rest of us chatted about music, old cars and Chelsea and I quietly shotted our way through the rest of the night. Overall a fantastic catch up with everyone!!
Sunday I spent firstly with Mum, Dad and my uncle, Peter and some family friends at the beach, then doing my washing at mum and dad's before Sam came over and we left to visit Judy (another old work mate) and Simon (her husband). That was a good catch-up. They are 6 months pregnant and just got married at the end of September - so I got to see all of the wedding shots and feel Judy's little baby bump and have a tour around their new home!
We then headed back to Brisbane via Red Rooster and went to our respective homes to sleep!
I have to admit here that last night, Monday was the first night that I actually wished that Sam lived with me. He came over for dinner on his way home last night, and we ate, and chatted and marvelled at our Big Day Out tickets, but then after a brief cuddle on the couch, he went home. And I was lonely.... and then Grey's Anatomy finished, and I was even lonlier... ohhhhhh dear.
Anyway, had a mini-performance appraisal, which went well! We weren't meant to do them as I hadn't been in my position for long enough, however, we did and I am good! He He! I was worried that my mind was failing me, as I haven't been as organised as I used to be (pre-pharmacy) however, Juliette, my boss, assured me that I'm going fine!
That's enough for now! Bye!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home