Hey all!
Well, I made it though the Bush Bash - with a little money box to show for it!! It was a pig, and a money box, and Juliette and I carried them around with us all over Brisbane looking once more for a Wednesday night dance spot! You see in Brisbane, the dance music seems to be a rare comodity! So much so that we were singing Dirty Dancing songs, and jigging about, walking down George street to the Casino that last Wednesday had a good band playing Summer of '69, and other Aussie hits!! But this week, they had an easy listening band on - they were still good, however, it wasn't dance music. There was also a comedian there that was an average - he kept talking about sex - which was boring, as most of the jokes were ones I'd heard before...why would i want to listen to a guy complaining that he couldn't find the G-spot?
Last night Sam invited me to join him at Garden City for his joint venture of family christmas shopping and grilling me for what I want for Xmas - I have given him my idea (an Amber pendant on a nice chain) but in all honesty, he hasn't gone wrong in the two presents I have previously received, so I'm not worried about what I get, if anything.... but that's another story. Anyway, our night of shopping ended in me trying to source prices from the Perfume shop, and Sam getting pissed off at me for taking his negotiating power away. Sam being the shopping-rager that he is, then stormed off through the shopping centre, leaving me on the verge of tears, pissed off at him for inviting me in the first place when I had a bloody good book on the go. I gave him 5 minutes to cool down and walk beside me again, but when I couldn't meet his eyes for fear of bursting into tears (it was one of those - I hate Christmas, why do we do this to ourselves moments), he stormed off even faster, I couldn't find him, and went home. What a lovely shopping trip!
Anyway, it's the end of the week - I am dredding going up the coast - although Bec wants me to go out Saturday (possibly to the Xmas party). I wish I could stay home and rest this weekend in preparation for next. Quite possibly I will - depending on what's happening and how exited I get towards the end of the day, Juliette just told me that we will be leaving an hour early - after my 3:30pm departure yesterday, and hour and a half lunch, I'm quite happy with that! Life is OK!
Well, I made it though the Bush Bash - with a little money box to show for it!! It was a pig, and a money box, and Juliette and I carried them around with us all over Brisbane looking once more for a Wednesday night dance spot! You see in Brisbane, the dance music seems to be a rare comodity! So much so that we were singing Dirty Dancing songs, and jigging about, walking down George street to the Casino that last Wednesday had a good band playing Summer of '69, and other Aussie hits!! But this week, they had an easy listening band on - they were still good, however, it wasn't dance music. There was also a comedian there that was an average - he kept talking about sex - which was boring, as most of the jokes were ones I'd heard before...why would i want to listen to a guy complaining that he couldn't find the G-spot?
Last night Sam invited me to join him at Garden City for his joint venture of family christmas shopping and grilling me for what I want for Xmas - I have given him my idea (an Amber pendant on a nice chain) but in all honesty, he hasn't gone wrong in the two presents I have previously received, so I'm not worried about what I get, if anything.... but that's another story. Anyway, our night of shopping ended in me trying to source prices from the Perfume shop, and Sam getting pissed off at me for taking his negotiating power away. Sam being the shopping-rager that he is, then stormed off through the shopping centre, leaving me on the verge of tears, pissed off at him for inviting me in the first place when I had a bloody good book on the go. I gave him 5 minutes to cool down and walk beside me again, but when I couldn't meet his eyes for fear of bursting into tears (it was one of those - I hate Christmas, why do we do this to ourselves moments), he stormed off even faster, I couldn't find him, and went home. What a lovely shopping trip!
Anyway, it's the end of the week - I am dredding going up the coast - although Bec wants me to go out Saturday (possibly to the Xmas party). I wish I could stay home and rest this weekend in preparation for next. Quite possibly I will - depending on what's happening and how exited I get towards the end of the day, Juliette just told me that we will be leaving an hour early - after my 3:30pm departure yesterday, and hour and a half lunch, I'm quite happy with that! Life is OK!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home