Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I am going to the Whitsundays - for free!!!

It all happened like this - I was in the office alone, a postcard came in, offering the old state manager the opportunity to attend a famil in the Whitsundays. A famil is a way of showing events managers, travel agents, corporate companies, etc the local area chosen, and the attractions, tours, etc available in that area. So I filled in my details on the application form, and sent it off thinking - I won't ever get to do this... HA!

Flash forward to yesterday, sitting quietly at my computer at 4:57, and what should arrive, but a confirmation that I had been chosen to travel to the Whitsundays for the famil!! This is a little mini dream come true - the contiki of events managers really. BUT BETTER... I have done a little "googling" and have found out that we are flying Virgin Blue direct to Hamilton Island - great! They will send an itinerary in a little while (maybe a week or two) and then I will wet myself no doubt with excitment!!

Of course my boss is laying a massive guilt trip on me, saying things like "I just don't know if we can justify you being out of the office for three days" - it's not like she's just had the last week and a half off - honestly HUMPHHHH!! But I have taken tbe ulimate revenge, I'm putting in an annual leave form (which she can't because she's going into anual leave debt for a trip to England at the end of the year) and I'm not going to feel an ounce of guilt if she then says, "no, I don't need it, you can do it on work time"... of course, if she accepts it, then she's a bigger bitch than I thought she was, and I'll be doing everything I can to make her life hell... She won't know what hit her.

I'm also off next Friday (yes the Friday before I'm off to the Whitsundays) to a conference up the Sunshine Coast that she was invited to, but that I wrangled an invite to and snaked her on it!! I'll be finding out more about famils for 2007 - so more of this type of thing too!! Awesome! If I become State Manager, I will draw the line with my PD Coordinator that it's me that goes on all of these trips, unlike my slushy boss who just whinges about it for months before, and after... Sucks to be her - I'm going to have a cocktail sipping great time - oh, did I mention that on a famil you get given everything for free, inlcuding (usually anyway) 5 star accommodation, all meals, activities and assorted other gifts collected on the way. If boss lady is a good little girl, I might bring her back a little something!

A snippity tippity blog I know, but she shits me sometimes raining on everyone's parade - she should have just wished me well, encouraged me to explore the Islands and see if it was possible to have a conference there - but no, she couldn't even think of it in a work context, except that she'll have to run a lunch while I'm gone. Big fat pommy whinger.

Vent ended (god I hope she never reads this).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How golden is that!! So impressed, and so very very jealous.

November 08, 2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home