Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hello World!

I have spoken before about the mystery of a book coma, but this past week and a bit, I have been absorbed in a slightly more brain decaying coma - a One Tree Hill coma! I have watched all of series one (a while ago now), two, and am coming to the end of three (thanks to a well-placed day off today - 9 hours, approx. 12 episodes)... now I just need to get a hold of season four, and I will be complete!! This is in addition to my Gilmore Girls requests (series one and two on DVD for Xmas) and I have series three, just another three to go if my christmas wishes come true (have doubts about that!!). So now that I am almost to the end (Ep 21 of 22) of Series 3, it's a bit sad... But in a way, I'm glad to say that I have grown somewhat - in that I used to drool over Chad Michael Murray - and now I find him barely tolerable - what the?!? I guess that's what high school dramas turn into for a girl in her mid twenties!

Had a "sickie" off work today - couldn't face the thought of going in. Luckily yesterday was an extrememly productive day, so got most everything off my desk! My boss is going OS for a month over the Xmas break, so I'll have a few lonely days in the office leading up to the Christmas break - a bit sad really if you think about it too much! Luckily, as with last year, we have been adding to the pile of "Christmas Jobs" - things that don't need instant attention, but do need to be done, so I will be a busy one!

The last year has been such a blur - a few major events have occured, none more major than moving in with Sam. And I could give you all the lovey dovey story of endless romance, and staying awake all night talking - but in reality, living together is hard work. I've discovered this the very hard way too. I have always (despite my parents best efforts) had a disillusioned idea of what happened when couples lived together, but boy were my ideas blown out of the water! It's taken us a few months to settle into each others little habits - not helped at all by my anally retentive habits from living by myself of course :) But maybe we have finally reached the norming part of our cohabitation, where we get to focus on each other instead of those little things that piss us off - And I'm not fooled into thinking that there won't be arguments over leaving the empty toilet roll on, or leaving too many lights on - but I have hope that those things will become less important to us as we move into a more stable defacto-hood... It's really a strange thing, never having had a "real" boyfriend before and now having done long-distance, close-distance and now co-habitation it's a fright that I've come through so many of the steps that others sometimes never even reach all in one hit - and I have in retrospect, learnt so much from the experience that I could never have understood before. And I'm sure you'll believe me when I say that I'm looking forward to learning the rest (if that's physically possible).

Other things that have occured, include two, coming up three trips to Sydney, one trip to Melbourne, two trips to Cairns, one to Townsville, a few to Byron, three nights on the Gold Coast, a fair few nights on the Coast, and various other localities (camping grounds), the most recent trip to the Whitsundays.

Some firsts that have happened this year:

1. Moving in with a boy (man - whatever, 6 one way, 1/2 dozen the other)
2. Travelling to Cairns
3. Travelling to Townsville
4. Travelling to the Whitsundays
5. Snorkelling (on the Great Barrier Reef, what better place to start hey?)
6. Going in a Helicopter
7. Going on a Quad bike
8. Going to the Motorcycle Expo
9. Going to my first Concert (thanks Kel)
10. Going to my first Big Day Out (thanks Sam, Lara and Bec for making it the day that it was)
11. First time on a driving range

So really, 2007 has a lot to live up to, and I'm looking forward to facing the challenge. Thank you so much to those friends who have made this year the absolute blast that it surely was, I loved every minute of it, good, bad and the ugly!

I am looking forwards most of all to spending the festive season with as many friends and family as I can fit in!

Almost feeling a bit sad that another year is coming to an end - next year will have it's own set of challenges... will I deny that I am turning 25, and do what I did last year and vow not to reach the quarter century mark, and go backwards to 23... will I make any resolutions that I keep, or remember for that fact...will I finally, electronically or otherwise become a published author... or will life just continue plodding on for another 365 days, whether I like it or not?

That's All. Good Night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be so proud of me, I've booked in a doctors appointment for me on Thursday to finish off the last of the 10 things I said I would do this year. I'm freaking out, and will blog it when I'm finished so you'll find out what I'm talking about when I'm done.

But next year, I'm trying to get as many people as I can to write down a list of ten things to accomplish during the year. It will need to be pretty specific (i.e. buy a guitar) but doesn't always have to be hobby based (lose 3kg). Wanna do it?? I'll be blogging all that too, as well as a follow up on everything I completed this year. After 3 months of a blog blackout, I'M BACK BABY! hehehe

Did I just use your blog to advertise mine? I'm so sorry. I just meant to tell you about the whole new years resolutions thing...

December 12, 2006 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home