Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Wow have I been super-duper lazy lately!! I have started this blog in a word document so as to post one complete set of ramblings of the past month for you!! The way that I am going to work this is that I will type as much as I can remember of each date that I can recall until I run out of memories… then I will have a complete catchment of my life over the past month… I think that by writing this intro, I am procrastinating in itself, so here goes:


Sunday, January 21st: Big Day Out was today, but I couldn’t go because I didn’t have a ticket. Sam did though, and after a search for it (about half an hour) he took off for BDO. Just as he was getting in his car and doing a last check, Chelsea and Kevin arrived. We hung out for a while before they headed off, and it was back to Gilmore Girls for me. I watched and watched until I had to go to bed. Sam arrived home about 11 and that was the Big Day Out!

Thursday, January 25th: Went to the dentist this afternoon, so left work at 2 and got a bus home to brush my teeth before crossing the road to my dentist. He was great, probably about my age, but friendly and professional. I highly recommend Complete Dental Works in Annerley! I have no cavitites, etc and am free of the Wisdom teeth chat until my next check up in July! Hopefully then I can book in for November/December when my private health insurance will kick in for part of the bill! After my appointment, I crossed the road back home, giggling to myself about my stressing about the appointment when the crossing of the road was clearly the most dangerous activity in this whole saga. I watched some Gilmore Girls until Sam came home. We got some Chinese for dinner - Yummo and had a lazy night at home.


Friday, January 26th: Woke up today - not wanting to do anything, but I had already committed to attending my cousin’s 30th and Hottest 100 Party. So, after a fair bit of that lovely activity of procrastinating, I finally got out of bed and ready to go. We picked up Becca and then proceeded to travel to North Lakes, where, after a quick stop for drinks and chocolate, we went to Shelley’s place. It was a great day, with lots of people from both Victoria and Queensland there. Mum and dad were there, and glad to see me, as apparently I hadn’t spoken to them since Christmas, well dad anyway… There were shenanigan’s in the spa, and drunken people everywhere, love was in the air with at least two hook ups that I know of and a merry old time was had by all. We left at about 7 -8ish and headed back to drop Bec off before dropping in on Wayne and Gil for a couple of hours of socializing and Scrubs watching! Because I had a big day ahead of me (as last weekend’s dress shopping wore me out) we headed off at 11 and was in bed asleep by well before 12.


Saturday, January 27th: Today began with the second day of bridesmaid dress shopping with Gil. We were slightly more organised this time, having both done some research on the dress style that was to be sought. We hit three stores before we found “the one” and then two more just to be sure. After a quick trip home for the swatches of Gil’s dress, we were back at shop number three to pick a colour, ready for the official presentation of the complete dress to Gil’s mum. Having done all of this, we went to Fasta Pasta for a celebratory lunch before heading back to our respective homes. I got home, and Sam was no where to be found, so I settled in to watch a few episodes of Gilmore Girls. It was so hot, that even with all the windows open, and the fans on high, I was slothishly rolling around, trying to cool off. Eventually, and after Sam came home, I had a cold shower, and dried off under the fan in the bedroom. Feeling ever so slightly more refreshed, I then had a little nanna nap! Sam came in to wake me up to go up the coast for Kim’s Birthday party, and in the process, I managed to twist my neck the wrong way, and as a result got an instant headache, and a little grumpy too! After a couple of panadol and a bit of whinging, I managed to pack a bag, get ready and get into the car ready to drive up the coast. We got up there about 9:00pm and proceeded to socialize with the other guests at the party before leaving to go to Palmwoods for the night.


Sunday, January 28th: Woke up on the coast, at Sam’s mum’s place and after lazing in bed for a while, got up and ready to go to North Lakes for the first Annual North Lakes Ashes, organised by my cousin’s fiancé, Dean. We get in the car, and for the first fifteen minutes, not much is different, and then we hit traffic - it took us an hour and a half to get there from Palmwoods - double what it should actually take! Anyway, after stocking up on some lunch and refreshments, we traveled on into the suburban sprawl that is North Lakes and found the sports ground where this cricket game was to take place. Sam grabbed his “Australia” shirt and joined the field only to be kicked off temporarily until the next over as there were already 12 fielders. The idea of this game was to have an Australia v England match with all of the Aussie boys playing the Englishmen in the estate. A majority of the players on both sides were from North Lakes, and it was a great day - apart from the severe sun burn on one knee that is impacting on my walking style currently. After the game ended, with a predictable win to the Aussies, we journeyed the rest of the way home in much calmed traffic and proceeded to clean the house before going for fish and chips with Wayne and Gil. My evening finished off with an hour listening to my sister’s problems with one of her friends, followed by a relaxing episode of Gilmore Girls (in the middle of season 3) whilst “refreshing” my knee with an icy cold washer - that took only a few minutes to heat up again before needing another soak.

OK - so there are some huge gaps, that I’m hoping I will be energetic enough to fill at some time in the future, but for now, this is it!

1 Comments:

Blogger mark robert allen said...

hey amber. great blog. will have to add to my favotites.

February 14, 2007 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home