Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hello all! Long time no blog indeed. I have been busy at work, and at home. I should really be doing some much needed work right now actually, but have been stuffing around checking blogs, etc. Good to see that everyone is well and having fun, like always! Sam and I went on a pre-valentines day date last night, dinner and a Gold Class movie. We saw Jarhead - was actually quite a good movie with the right mix of everything, humour, grief, war. Jake G was fantastic, as were some of his co-stars, and I'm not even referring to the naked shower scenes!! He he! But they were good also! It was lovely to spend a nice night on a date with my lovely boyfriend. Thanks for dinner Sam, and happy valentine's day!

The early celebrations were a necessity this year, as even though we are 100km's closer, tonight and Thursday, Sam has footy training, and Wendesday night I'll be in Cairns for work. So at the beginning of this week it was looking like we might not get to spend much time together at all, and then Sam didn't have to work late or go to Coolum as he'd expected last night, so we spontaneously decided to dinner and a movie! And the Gold Class thing was meant to be a surprise, but I'm crap at keeping surprises and had decision anxiety!

Work has been flat-out the last 2 and a half weeks. We are hoping to get Georgina back for a couple of days a week to help out, and it's looking like we will at this stage as all state offices have already got admin support, and we are the best... makes sense really - I'm here!! He he, just kidding (well 50% kidding anyway).

I was meant to go see Dirty Dancing last Wednesday, but that nights performance was cancelled. I have to say that my biggest fear with paying nearly $85 dollars to go to a live show was that an understudy would take Kim Valentine's (neighbours) place, so I guess in retrospect, I'm glad that the show didn't go on without the ill castmember who caused the nights performance to be cancelled. And there is another show on next Tuesday that we have been allocated to, and we keep the same seats. I think that we got off easy, what about those people who flew in, or drove a long way to be in Brisbane for that night? Would have been so bummed!

We are having a trivia night for work on 11 May 2006... so all you trivia buffs are expected to come. There will be a cost, but great prizes, and I will try to get a mate's rate agreed with my boss. It's going to be $180 for a table of 6, so I'll see what I can do - unless the Pharmacy want to sponsor a table Chels! He he! Imagine that! Anyway, if you don't eat food or something, then I could probably get it down fairly low. Updates to come in any case!

Anyhoo, I can't remember anything else that I wanted to say, but I think that I have said quite enough for now anyway. I will hopefully have more time to blog, and check emails in the next couple of weeks, but this is it for today! Aurevoir moi Cherie's!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home