You know you grew up in the 1980's if.... (with added comments from yours truly!!) (My comments are in brackets!! He he)
1. Cabbage patch kids were legitimate members of your family. (Jennifer)
2. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air"
3. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish. (Oh so stylish - the brighter the better)
4. You yearned to be a member of the Baby - Sitter's Club and you even started a club of your own. (Devoured every book like it was a bible)
5. You owned those Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls. (Who didn't?)
6. Two words: M.C. Hammer
7. You watched "Fraggle Rock".
8. You had plastic streamers on your handlebars. (Once again, the brighter the better)
9. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
10. Your favourite skirt flew up past your waist if you spun around quick enough (It was hot pink with black poker dots - anyone who wants proof, I can email the picture!!)
11. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. (Still do, what's so wrong with that?)
12. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen.
13. You made your mum buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side. (Better than that, and maybe more 90's than 80's was tucking the hem of your Tshirt through the neck hole to make a short top)
14. You walked like an Egyptian.(At Brownie disco's)
15. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten.
16. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
17. You wanted to be a Goonie.
18. You wore fluorescent clothing. (Socks, skirts, T-shirts - the lot!!)
19. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off...
20. You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf. (Too naive)
21. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets (I don't remember them being banned - aren't they back?)
22. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
23. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
24. Barbie and the Rockers was your favourite band. (Had the tape, knew the words to every song...)
25. You thought Sheera and He-Man should hook up. (But I was always a romantic!)
26. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged friendship bracelets.
27. You owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (My sister still buys them whenever they come back into fashion)
28. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?" (Occassionally still do this)
29. You remember going to the skating rink before there were in-line skates. (Billy Idol, White Wedding!!!! Ahhhhhh, he was dreamy)
30. You even got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide or monkey bars
31. You remember when the film clip to "Like A Prayer" was banned
32. You never admitted to wanting to play kiss chasey but always did (initiated it most of the time)
33. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
34. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement. (Ofcourse... who hasn't?)
35. You remember Popples. (Still have him - orange and blue)
36. "Don't worry, be happy" (They had T-shirts of this... the guy ironically enough committed suicide)
37. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
38. You wore socks scrunched down. (Scrunchie socks were the only type I wore for ages!)
39. The bigger the hair the better
40. The bigger the scrunchie in your hair, the better. (And the brighter)
41. You collected transformers
42. Being the winner of four square at school was a braggable achievement (still is something I claim - it was the most active I ever was)
43."Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK, all dressed in "BLACK BLACK BLACK"
44. You remember boom boxes vs. cd players.
45. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
46. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
47. You played elastics at recess and 'my mother your mother lives
down the same street..' at lunch. (England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Inside - Outside, Donkey's tales - admit it....you know exactly what I'm talking about!)
48. You had icecream cake for your birthday
49. Home and Away hasn't been the same since Shane and Angel
50. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and My Little Pony Tales
51. You thought Doogie Howser was hot. (I wanted to marry him)
52. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac! (I wanted to marry him too.... it's as close to sci-fi as I like to watch)
53. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were famous (Had their posters, knew their songs!)
54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell", the ORIGINAL class.
55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THRU THE HEART.
56. You just sang those words to yourself (I didn't, but my boss did)
57. You cut your t-shirts in half and wore it with your homemade Levi shorts...(the shorter the better - NOTE: not my comment, always been self-concious)
58. You remember when mullets were cool!
59. You had a mullet! (My sister didn't)
60. You tore holes in the knees of your jeans on purpose (If memory serves, they came like that to me...)
61. You still sing, "We are the World"
62. You didn't know monkey magic was mimmed (what? it was mimed?)
63. Cowabunga!
1. Cabbage patch kids were legitimate members of your family. (Jennifer)
2. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air"
3. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish. (Oh so stylish - the brighter the better)
4. You yearned to be a member of the Baby - Sitter's Club and you even started a club of your own. (Devoured every book like it was a bible)
5. You owned those Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls. (Who didn't?)
6. Two words: M.C. Hammer
7. You watched "Fraggle Rock".
8. You had plastic streamers on your handlebars. (Once again, the brighter the better)
9. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
10. Your favourite skirt flew up past your waist if you spun around quick enough (It was hot pink with black poker dots - anyone who wants proof, I can email the picture!!)
11. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. (Still do, what's so wrong with that?)
12. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen.
13. You made your mum buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side. (Better than that, and maybe more 90's than 80's was tucking the hem of your Tshirt through the neck hole to make a short top)
14. You walked like an Egyptian.(At Brownie disco's)
15. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten.
16. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
17. You wanted to be a Goonie.
18. You wore fluorescent clothing. (Socks, skirts, T-shirts - the lot!!)
19. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off...
20. You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf. (Too naive)
21. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets (I don't remember them being banned - aren't they back?)
22. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
23. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
24. Barbie and the Rockers was your favourite band. (Had the tape, knew the words to every song...)
25. You thought Sheera and He-Man should hook up. (But I was always a romantic!)
26. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged friendship bracelets.
27. You owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (My sister still buys them whenever they come back into fashion)
28. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?" (Occassionally still do this)
29. You remember going to the skating rink before there were in-line skates. (Billy Idol, White Wedding!!!! Ahhhhhh, he was dreamy)
30. You even got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide or monkey bars
31. You remember when the film clip to "Like A Prayer" was banned
32. You never admitted to wanting to play kiss chasey but always did (initiated it most of the time)
33. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
34. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement. (Ofcourse... who hasn't?)
35. You remember Popples. (Still have him - orange and blue)
36. "Don't worry, be happy" (They had T-shirts of this... the guy ironically enough committed suicide)
37. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
38. You wore socks scrunched down. (Scrunchie socks were the only type I wore for ages!)
39. The bigger the hair the better
40. The bigger the scrunchie in your hair, the better. (And the brighter)
41. You collected transformers
42. Being the winner of four square at school was a braggable achievement (still is something I claim - it was the most active I ever was)
43."Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK, all dressed in "BLACK BLACK BLACK"
44. You remember boom boxes vs. cd players.
45. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
46. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
47. You played elastics at recess and 'my mother your mother lives
down the same street..' at lunch. (England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Inside - Outside, Donkey's tales - admit it....you know exactly what I'm talking about!)
48. You had icecream cake for your birthday
49. Home and Away hasn't been the same since Shane and Angel
50. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and My Little Pony Tales
51. You thought Doogie Howser was hot. (I wanted to marry him)
52. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac! (I wanted to marry him too.... it's as close to sci-fi as I like to watch)
53. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were famous (Had their posters, knew their songs!)
54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell", the ORIGINAL class.
55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THRU THE HEART.
56. You just sang those words to yourself (I didn't, but my boss did)
57. You cut your t-shirts in half and wore it with your homemade Levi shorts...(the shorter the better - NOTE: not my comment, always been self-concious)
58. You remember when mullets were cool!
59. You had a mullet! (My sister didn't)
60. You tore holes in the knees of your jeans on purpose (If memory serves, they came like that to me...)
61. You still sing, "We are the World"
62. You didn't know monkey magic was mimmed (what? it was mimed?)
63. Cowabunga!

1 Comments:
Yep, I was definately born in the 80's. Reminds me that I have a fantastic picture of Matt Henson and I at McDonalds when we were little for a party. Can't remember if it was mine or his.
Kel
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home